As sick as a dog......literally

madra sneachta

All weekend I've felt really horrible, sore throat, headache looked like something the cat dragged in.

Went to the GP this morning, it turns out I've got sinusitis. sad.gif

The worst thing about being sick is I've now got a week off work and I feel too 062802puke_prv.gif to enjoy it.

I had sinusitis over the holidays. The doc gave me some horse pills called augmentin that I took for two weeks, four times a day. First, I developed an itchy rash on my arms for which they told me to take claritin. As soon as the rash on my arms cleared up, I developed thrush which almost completely took away my sense of taste and made my tongue itch, but every time I scratched my tongue by dragging it across my teeth, it hurt. A lot. They gave me some sludge that tasted like it had been filtered through a dirty sock which I had to swish and swallow five times a day, and could not eat or drink anything for an hour afterwards (try scheduling that!). Anyway, I'm all better now and I hope that what happened to me doesn't happen to you.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 17 2005, 01:22 PM)
I had sinusitis over the holidays. The doc gave me some horse pills called augmentin that I took for two weeks, four times a day. First, I developed an itchy rash on my arms for which they told me to take claritin. As soon as the rash on my arms cleared up, I developed thrush which almost completely took away my sense of taste and made my tongue itch, but every time I scratched my tongue by dragging it across my teeth, it hurt. A lot. They gave me some sludge that tasted like it had been filtered through a dirty sock which I had to swish and swallow five times a day, and could not eat or drink anything for an hour afterwards (try scheduling that!). Anyway, I'm all better now and I hope that what happened to me doesn't happen to you.

Should have just smoked a Gurkha

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 17 2005, 10:22 AM)

yuck lol wacko.gif

Sinusitis is awful. I get a flare up about once a year and it really sucks. I wish you a speedy recovery, my Irish counterpart. Think of the good side of this: with all this time off work, you at least feel good enough to spend some quality TRF time cool.gif

Thanks for the good wishes folks - feeling a bit better today. I'm on antibiotics called Klaccid and Otrivine nasal spray.

I ate dinner last night, but it had a fight with my stomach decided to leave. However, I've managed to hold down a bowl of Ready Brek this morning.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal Jack, I've had Augmentin before but never had that reaction.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. From all the stress, I got a 'catchcold' too... but its really mild. Sympathy pains here, or that we all got it from each other.. laugh.gif

America is going to perish from the flu!! wacko.gif Curse you vile bacteria!

Archived