Where's My Thing

Alsgalpal

I love Where's My Thing? the same way that I love all of Roll the Bones. However, like Limbo, I think it suffers in comparison to La Villa Strangiato and YYZ which, along with 'Hocus Pocus' by Focus, 'Jessica' by the Allman Bros, 'Journey of the Sorcerer' by the Eagles and 'Clocks' by Steve Hackett, are among THE great rock instrumentals of all time.

Love it, as well as all their instrumentals, including the lest popular for most, Limbo, that I love because of it's light-hearted tone, use of riffs from older Rush songs, and, of course, The Monster Mash. 653.gif And yes, in comparison, it isn't up to something like La Villa, but it wasn't intended to be! It''s what it is, a great little instrumental number that fits perfectly into the tapestry that is T4E.

Sorry, this thead's about another song, isn't it?! doh.gif

With the Grammy's coming up soon (and this having lost to "Cliffs of Dover" in 1992), do you think O'baterista has a chance? Look what happened to YYZ when it lost to "Behind my Camel" in 1982. My God! Have you ever heard the Police's Behind my Camel, it sucks eggs!! It's really horrible. I guess I'm just not that optomistic as to 'our' chances in Feb.

But Where's My Thing, it's just plain awesome. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Excellent tune. I actually like it better that Leave that Thing Alone. Its a little more groovy 653.gif I like the synths on it.

Totally freakin' awesome instrumental! The song moves with such energy I have to catch my breath after I listen to it! biggrin.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Of the instrumentals.... this is my least favorite. But that's not to say I don't love this song. It's definitely the most celebatory and spirited. It really rocks.

Ok I do have a question and hopefully SOMEBODY can confirm this. RTB was my first Rush tour - and they played this live for that show. If you listen to the studio version at 2:42, there is this incredible snare fill that explodes into the final chorus, if there is such a thing in instrumentals.

Well during the show at this point in the song, they lit up Neil to look like the Terminator, with silver lighting that looked like liquid metal and even the red eyes. I can't even begin to think how a lighting system could do that. But I know I saw it, and I know my buddy saw it as well, because he flipped out too - so I know I didn't imagine it.

But it was so long ago, that I'm starting to question my faded memory. Did ANYONE see this? Can anyone validate this? I saw that show twice, and I don't remember seeing it both shows. biggrin.gif

Kindly refrain from drug induced comments. laugh.gif

Archived