Jets/Steelers Game

sfuentes

quick poll - did they make the 1st????

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 15 2005, 07:45 PM)
He didn't. He jumped towards the ball to catch it, and his momentum carried him backfield. He landed a yard short of the first and was taken down.

doh.gif sorry Kazz

There will never be a question of who lost the game for the Jets. They had it.... twice.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 15 2005, 08:04 PM)
There will never be a question of who lost the game for the Jets. They had it.... twice.

I'll take it....been saying all week Jets were gonna play tough and they did....I took the points and the magic continues! yes.gif I give Jets major credit...everybody thought it was gonna be a cakewalk

The Jets lost that game, the Steelers didn't win it. I'm just surprised that the Jets made a game of it the way they did. I figured Pittsburgh would come out ready to stomp 'em into the dirt, but they looked a little flat. Maybe too much time off.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 15 2005, 09:04 PM)
The Jets lost that game, the Steelers didn't win it. I'm just surprised that the Jets made a game of it the way they did. I figured Pittsburgh would come out ready to stomp 'em into the dirt, but they looked a little flat. Maybe too much time off.

Agreed. If you look back at the season, Steelers deserve the win and to move on. But they didn't seem to earn this one today. Jets played a tough game. It literally came down to a kicker who caved.

Big Ben had his worse NFL game ever. As far as the steelers not winning the game but the jets lost it, UMMMM, ok. lol....

The Steelers defense is what won the game today. The jets defense only scored 3 points on offense all day. The steeler defense has been winning games all season, you don't have to look pretty to win. When you win 16 out of 17 games in a season and then you meet up with a great defense like the jets (jets were ranked 4th in the NFL in points against) then you are going to win a couple of ugly close games like this. Don't get me wrong, the steelers had a few blowouts in their last 17 games but great teams win a lot of close games like this.

Great defense wins championships, sure it's more fun watching bombs and trick plays and all that good stuff but for the most part that don't win championships. Teams like the steelers and their defense that only gives up 3 points of offense in a playoff game, THAT is what wins championships. Maybe Manning will change that this season if he can win the next 2 weeks. Who knows, that is what is so great about football, it is exciting, that's for sure. The Jets are a pretty good team, I give them that. They just couldn't score enough to win. As far as the field goals missed, Heinz field is suposibly the hardest field to kick field goals. The footing sucks there, the field gets played on a lot by college and high school teams throughout the season.

Anyway, I'm going to say that the Steeler Defense won them this game, anytime the offense of the other team only scores 3 points in 70 minutes then the defense should get credit. That's kick ass, no matter how ugly the game may look. Hines Ward 100 yards, Bettis 100 yards. Besides Big Ben, the steelers offense didn't really look THAT bad. A 100 yard reciever and RB in one game usually ends up in a winning effort at least 90% of the time. Especially when you defense isn't giving up touchdowns.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2005, 12:14 AM)
Big Ben had his worse NFL game ever. As far as the steelers not winning the game but the jets lost it, UMMMM, ok. lol....

The Steelers defense is what won the game today. The jets defense only scored 3 points on offense all day. The steeler defense has been winning games all season, you don't have to look pretty to win. When you win 16 out of 17 games in a season and then you meet up with a great defense like the jets (jets were ranked 4th in the NFL in points against) then you are going to win a couple of ugly close games like this. Don't get me wrong, the steelers had a few blowouts in their last 17 games but great teams win a lot of close games like this.

Great defense wins championships, sure it's more fun watching bombs and trick plays and all that good stuff but for the most part that don't win championships. Teams like the steelers and their defense that only gives up 3 points of offense in a playoff game, THAT is what wins championships. Maybe Manning will change that this season if he can win the next 2 weeks. Who knows, that is what is so great about football, it is exciting, that's for sure. The Jets are a pretty good team, I give them that. They just couldn't score enough to win. As far as the field goals missed, Heinz field is suposibly the hardest field to kick field goals. The footing sucks there, the field gets played on a lot by college and high school teams throughout the season.

Anyway, I'm going to say that the Steeler Defense won them this game, anytime the offense of the other team only scores 3 points in 70 minutes then the defense should get credit. That's kick ass, no matter how ugly the game may look. Hines Ward 100 yards, Bettis 100 yards. Besides Big Ben, the steelers offense didn't really look THAT bad. A 100 yard reciever and RB in one game usually ends up in a winning effort at least 90% of the time. Especially when you defense isn't giving up touchdowns.

Nice call Prof...21 points indeed.....

Archived