Twist suggestion for the second leg

BuckeyeJohnny

What might be interesting to hear are some of their lesser known mid-80's tunes performed with growling guitar mix (and back off the synth layers en vogue at the time of the original recording).

Despite some of the criticism albums like Hold Your Fire, Presto, Power Windows and even Signals received at the time, that music was actually quite well composed, complex and very interesting... the main thing was a lot of the guitar mix was pushed so far back.

Based on the setlist the past two tours, I really think the band struggles to find tunes from that era they care to play which translate to the hard live sound they want today...

Guitar players out there... any suggestion on mid-80's tunes which could become instant live favorites-- with the proper remix?

QUOTE (BuckeyeJohnny @ Feb 3 2008, 01:52 AM)
What might be interesting to hear are some of their lesser known mid-80's tunes performed with growling guitar mix (and back off the synth layers en vogue at the time of the original recording).

Despite some of the criticism albums like Hold Your Fire, Presto, Power Windows and even Signals received at the time, that music was actually quite well composed, complex and very interesting... the main thing was a lot of the guitar mix was pushed so far back.

Based on the setlist the past two tours, I really think the band struggles to find tunes from that era they care to play which translate to the hard live sound they want today...

Guitar players out there... any suggestion on mid-80's tunes which could become instant live favorites-- with the proper remix?

beathorse.gif

I can see that this will be my new favorite smiley for the next couple months!

Archived