Autographed Leather Tour Jacket Value

sleddog

Hi folks, great to see such a big Rush following! Being a Canadian I was able to see the band last night on Canada for Asia. Was that not great seeing the old studio. Anyways after seeing the guys I figured it was time to go and unpack my hidden treasure, my Autographed Rush Presto Tour Leather Jacket. From there I went and watched my Chronicles VHS. Yea you know vhs but it was cool. Had it cranked. Anyways after all that I still decided it was time to part with my beloved jacket. Kids and a wife these days do not let me appreciate it as I once did. It just sits covered up and gets forgotten about.

So with that said I wanted to ask you fellow Rush lovers for their advice on what you might think my tour jacket might be worth. I hate to say but I am thinking about doing the Ebay thing with it but thought I would check with the real true Rush fans.

Ok about the jacket. Leather very very thick and it is a biker style jacket. All three autographed it. Its a size 42 men's... It was won on a radio station promotion meet the band get the autographed leather jacket.

View pictures here.... http://www.sx3media.com/rush/rush.htm

Anyways I would love your feed back...

Thanks in advance..

SledDogRob@hotmail.com

All I can say is.....

My jacket is in love with your jacket, and you should send it here so these two lovebirds can get together!!!

Don't stand in the way of true love, man!! Come to your senses tongue.gif

btw - that jacket is awesome. I'm no appraiser - but let's talk about what you could possibly get on ebay. Last night on Leno they showed a piece of cereal that happened to be shaped like ET's face - and the highest bid was $750.00. (No typo).

Personally though - I agree with Tish. Don't part with it bro. It's a great jacket.

I, like you, have auto'd memorabilia. Mine being my high school jean jacket, with RUSH logo on the back, signed by Geddy, and Alex. Mine is personalized, and not simply autographed by band members.

I framed mine awhile ago in a shadow box. I could never bear to part with it, it simply means too much to me.

That being said, you'll probably get a nice chunk of change on Ebay, ( probably 4 figures).

However, unless you really need the money, I'd keep it. Years from now you'll probably regret parting with a beautiful piece of memorabilia.

Just my 2 cents. wink.gif

Hi again everybody, First off thanks so much for the replies. I seem to be picking up a common theme from all of you... Just keep it eh. lol Sure make my decision even harder. Here is the deal... I am lucky enough to be in a situation where it is not about having to part with it because I need money but more so the fact that I hate just seeing it hanging in a closet. My good old bachelor days of having it hanging up on the wall are long gone. So the hard question becomes leave it in the closet or sell it to somebody who can appreciate and enjoy it the way I did way back when... Anyways I love reading your comments and well I suppose I should get another beer eh and keep stewing over what I should do. smile.gif Hmmm perhaps a good long run with the sled dogs in this freezing weather might help .. LOL

Thanks folks and chat with you soon !

Sled Dog Rob

Hey can I reply to you guys individually after I read your reply? Or can I just ad a reply at the end of all the postings... ( did that make sense )

trink39.gif

oh man!! i personally would not have sold it... i would have it preserved ...

but that's me....

good luck to sled dog rob's auction!!

QUOTE (sleddog @ Jan 15 2005, 01:45 AM)

Ok about the jacket. Leather very very thick and it is a biker style jacket. All three autographed it. Its a size 42 men's... It was won on a radio station promotion meet the band get the autographed leather jacket.

wacko.gif

On ebay it says Size 48

Sleddog was wondering whether to sell it not...well I guess he's made his mid up! sad.gif

Hi again everybody,

Well as you can see by the last couple posts I did take the plunge and listed the coat on Ebay! I know crazy or what... It was a tuff decision needless to say. I did list it with a fairly steep price and Im thinking that it most likely wont sell anyways. But then again I guess their just might be somebody out there that really really wants it bad enough... If not I will still have it smile.gif I will keep you guys posted.

Just a correction I did put size 42 here on my first post, my error it is a size 48.

A big thank you to all of you who have given me your input I really do appreciate it.

SledDogRob

QUOTE (sleddog @ Jan 17 2005, 01:03 PM)
Hi again everybody,

Well as you can see by the last couple posts I did take the plunge and listed the coat on Ebay! I know crazy or what... It was a tuff decision needless to say. I did list it with a fairly steep price and Im thinking that it most likely wont sell anyways. But then again I guess their just might be somebody out there that really really wants it bad enough... If not I will still have it smile.gif I will keep you guys posted.

Just a correction I did put size 42 here on my first post, my error it is a size 48.

A big thank you to all of you who have given me your input I really do appreciate it.

SledDogRob

I do have to say, I was a little shocked on the $500 starting bid. Although, I don't really know prices of leather jackets to begin with, so my input is probably useless. laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 15 2005, 08:15 AM)
All I can say is.....

My jacket is in love with your jacket, and you should send it here so these two lovebirds can get together!!!

Don't stand in the way of true love, man!! Come to your senses tongue.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Priceless, pag! Love it.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 18 2005, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 15 2005, 08:15 AM)
All I can say is.....

Don't stand in the way of true love, man!!  Come to your senses tongue.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Priceless, pag! Love it.

Same. Nice comments! trink39.gif

Archived