OK due to popular demand...

PuppetKing2112

Very nice review for a great release. Before buying this, I was only familiar with Nevermind, and a few other songs that are played on the radio. This box set completely changed my outlook on what they were trying to do with music and gave me a whole new respect for them. Sure some of the songs really sounds like they were recorded with a plastic casio tape and microphone machine underwater, but I can appreciate the historical value of it. Very nice puppet new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 14 2005, 07:03 PM)
Actually you can get it cheaper at Barnes and Noble...$40 I think.

I bought it at Costco when they had a few in stock, only $40 for it new. They seem to have good deals on box sets, I saw the Simon & Garfunkel box set of all their studio records for $27.99. Gonna pick that up tomorrow along with my blank cds.

*end Costco plug*

Nice review!

"Well I swear that I, don't have a gun, no I don't have a gun".........

BUT KURT, you do!!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 15 2005, 02:24 PM)
Nice review!

"Well I swear that I, don't have a gun, no I don't have a gun".........
BUT KURT, you do!!!! laugh.gif

ohmy.gif rofl3.gif

NPF2112-

I too would like to see a Rush box set at some point, but in all honesty I'm thinking that every live show of interest I already have on bootleg. Unless of course Geddy's cousin stops being so stingy and gives up that 1/10/76 tape...

D-13-

Do you have any relatives in the states? If so, next time you're visiting them, use their computer and order it from Barnes and Noble for $40.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 15 2005, 05:04 PM)
NPF2112-

I too would like to see a Rush box set at some point, but in all honesty I'm thinking that every live show of interest I already have on bootleg. Unless of course Geddy's cousin stops being so stingy and gives up that 1/10/76 tape...

D-13-

Do you have any relatives in the states? If so, next time you're visiting them, use their computer and order it from Barnes and Noble for $40.

hahaha nope lol i'll prob have to wait for it go down in price lol trink36.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 14 2005, 08:46 PM)
Very nice review for a great release. Before buying this, I was only familiar with Nevermind, and a few other songs that are played on the radio. This box set completely changed my outlook on what they were trying to do with music and gave me a whole new respect for them. Sure some of the songs really sounds like they were recorded with a plastic casio tape and microphone machine underwater, but I can appreciate the historical value of it. Very nice puppet new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Moon I highly recommend the "In Utero" album and the "Unlpugged in New York" albums. yes.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 16 2005, 12:31 AM)
Moon I highly recommend the "In Utero" album and the "Unlpugged in New York" albums. yes.gif

I've always loved the Incesticide compilation as well - Radio sessions from the early '90s, along with some of the early classics like Sliver, Been A Son and the electric "punked up" version of Polly.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 18 2005, 06:48 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 16 2005, 12:31 AM)
Moon I highly recommend the "In Utero" album and the "Unlpugged in New York" albums.  yes.gif

I've always loved the Incesticide compilation as well - Radio sessions from the early '90s, along with some of the early classics like Sliver, Been A Son and the electric "punked up" version of Polly.

In other words the entire Nirvana catalog is definitely all worth checking out....though I have to admit I never heard their live album "From the Muddy Banks of Wishkah"....

Archived