hair cut

Grapes_under_pressure

smile.gif im gonna get my hair trimmed a bit on sunday. it's got more dead ends than a maze. i was wondering what a good look might be for someone with longish redish hair? you wil lall probably ask fo a picture of me.. but i just want ideas on different kinds of things people do to their hair, because i dont pay itm uch attention, lol, and i have no idea what im going for.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on what kind of hair you have, and your facial shape.

Do you have coarse, fine, or medium hair? Is it curly, wavy or straight, or all the combos possible? How thick is it? (ie how MUCH do you have?)

There are so many variables here, it's hard to pick a style out for you if you can't see your face, feel your hair and the condition it's in. How much time do you want to spend styling it when you get ready? Your best bet is to show up early to your appointment, and look thru books and pick out a few styles and then talk to your stylist about them. Better yet, if you can, go online and search hair styles, print up the ones you like, and then discuss possiblities with the stylist.

My hair drives my parents crazy. Anyone who's seen the Geddy on the Exit... Stage Left video knows exactly how it is once it's been wet. Although it's a little lighter in colour than Geddy's. My parents say that I live in the '70s and they wouldn't even mind if it was a little bit longer so long as I get it sorted out and get a proper MODERN style. I'm like "Yeah... maybe that will happen" laugh.gif

Remember this one important rule, while long hair may be a pain in the ass, it ALWAYS looks better than short hair. yes.gif

IF a woman manages to pull off a short hair do and still look good, she only looks BETTER with long hair.

This is not chauvenistic, just a lesson in facts. If anyone thinks my point of view is wrong, they are deluded. laugh.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 1 2008, 07:29 PM)
Remember this one important rule, while long hair may be a pain in the ass, it ALWAYS looks better than short hair. yes.gif

IF a woman manages to pull off a short hair do and still look good, she only looks BETTER with long hair.

This is not chauvenistic, just a lesson in facts. If anyone thinks my point of view is wrong, they are deluded. laugh.gif

bolt.gif

You are so wrong. laugh.gif laugh.gif

I had my hair long for years until I got it cut short - really short. Everyone thinks it looks better short, including some male friends whose judgment I trust.

But you'll have to trust me on tha one as I'm not posting any photos. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (edie @ Feb 1 2008, 02:36 PM)
Remember this one important rule, while long hair may be a pain in the ass, it ALWAYS looks better than short hair.  yes.gif 

This is not chauvenistic, just a lesson in facts.  If anyone thinks my point of view is wrong, they are deluded.  laugh.gif 

bolt.gif

I had my hair long for years until I got it cut short - really short. Everyone thinks it looks better short, including some male friends whose judgment I trust.

But you'll have to trust me on tha one as I'm not posting any photos. biggrin.gif

Here's the deal.

Women will TELL you it looks good because they didn't like how good you looked with long hair, as it threatened them.

Guys will tell you it looks good cuz we're scared of your reaction if we tell you the truth.

Sorry... it's the way it is. I know this is coming off all DaveyT'ish, but NO man I've ever known can honestly say he prefers short hair on a woman.

Case in point... Demi Moore. Probably the most attractive woman to ever pull off short hair. 100 times MORE attractive with long hair.

Short is easy. I understand. You don't want to be bothered with long hair and all it takes, and you've been convinced that it looks BETTER on you.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 1 2008, 11:29 AM)
Remember this one important rule, while long hair may be a pain in the ass, it ALWAYS looks better than short hair. yes.gif IF a woman manages to pull off a short hair do and still look good, she only looks BETTER with long hair. This is not chauvenistic, just a lesson in facts.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 1 2008, 01:51 PM)
Remember this one important rule, while long hair may be a pain in the ass, it ALWAYS looks better than short hair.  yes.gif 

This is not chauvenistic, just a lesson in facts.  If anyone thinks my point of view is wrong, they are deluded.  laugh.gif 

bolt.gif

Here's the deal.

Women will TELL you it looks good because they didn't like how good you looked with long hair, as it threatened them.

Guys will tell you it looks good cuz we're scared of your reaction if we tell you the truth.

Sorry... it's the way it is. I know this is coming off all DaveyT'ish, but NO man I've ever known can honestly say he prefers short hair on a woman.

Case in point... Demi Moore. Probably the most attractive woman to ever pull off short hair. 100 times MORE attractive with long hair.

Short is easy. I understand. You don't want to be bothered with long hair and all it takes, and you've been convinced that it looks BETTER on you.

There's one chick who pulls off short hair and you honestly don't care about it being long or short or bald...

http://www.celebritiesfans.com/Pic/halleberry.jpg

She's half English too...

wink.gif

btw I have the hugest, most massive, messiest head of curly hair EVER!!

QUOTE (edie @ Feb 1 2008, 11:36 AM)

Everyone thinks it looks better short, including some male friends whose judgment I trust.

obviously they are gay yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 1 2008, 07:51 PM)

bolt.gif

Here's the deal.

I wasn't born yesterday Necro eyesre4.gif

That's why I said I trusted these men in particular. Neither of them is a flatterer. They both tell me how it is (often) and treat me like their sister or something. And the fact that they both said the same things independently made me believe them. Apparently they can see my face properly without that hair, which is allegedly a good thing. (Said in the exasperated way your mother might say it, alas!)

To be honest I'd rather have long hair - but it's impractical. I go from clean room hair cover to suited-and-booted in moments at work, and short hair is essential as my mop is unruly in all bad ways.

If you watch CSI NY - I'd quite like Stella Bonasera's hair. biggrin.gif

Grapes - if it's thick and luscious, maybe have some layers cut in for shape (but try not to go eighties Geddy on us) but keep the length. There's a time to be sensible, and it isn't yet. smile.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 1 2008, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (edie @ Feb 1 2008, 11:36 AM)

Everyone thinks it looks better short, including some male friends whose judgment I trust.

obviously they are gay yes.gif

laugh.gif

They aren't, but I do call them my "honorary gay male friends".

Edited to point out that they aren't actually friends of each other - it was all beginnign to sound a bit weird and we are very off topic.

Back to Grapes's hair.....

QUOTE (daveyt @ Feb 1 2008, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 1 2008, 11:29 AM)
Remember this one important rule, while long hair may be a pain in the ass, it ALWAYS looks better than short hair.  yes.gif  IF a woman manages to pull off a short hair do and still look good, she only looks BETTER with long hair.  This is not chauvenistic, just a lesson in facts.

goodpost.gif

Despite my Halle Berry post, I have to agree...

here's Halle with long hair...

http://blog.singersroom.com/celebs/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/halle_berry.jpg

She's half english too...

wink.gif

btw I have very few grey strands nowadays but you can't notice them, but even you could I'd never dye it, that's for fools TV evangelists and hairdressers...

lmfao!

whenever i go into a hairdresser they moan abotu how they have never seen hair as thick as mine tongue.gif. it's actually alot like geddys.... lol at the 80's geddy hair! that would look hilarious on me!!!

my hair is thick and luscious. but then again, so am i. bekloppt.gif

moon.gif

strictly by observation, women would seem to spend an alternating cycle of every seven or so years debating and changing long and short hairstyles. it would seem logical as times change and styles change to do this. its just amazing how much stress it creates. and thats just for the husbands.

i'll agree on some level that short hairstyles can only be pulled off by the select few. head shape has a lot to do with it.

bolt.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Feb 1 2008, 03:05 PM)
my hair is thick and luscious. but then again, so am i. bekloppt.gif

ohmy.gif

applaudit.gif Nice!!!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Grapes_under_pressure @ Feb 1 2008, 03:55 PM)
lmfao!

whenever i go into a hairdresser they moan abotu how they have never seen hair as thick as mine tongue.gif. it's actually alot like geddys.... lol at the 80's geddy hair! that would look hilarious on me!!!

I get the same thing from hairdressers and they are always makeing my thick curly hair into this straight hair style and I end up looking like Chaka Khan. wacko.gif laugh.gif

I have given up and just trim the bangs and deadends myself now and throw it back in a ponytail!

Sorry I know this doesn't help you...but hopefully this will, don't stress over it it's just hair. Try a change, you might like it if not it will grow back.

Listen to what AGP said go early look in their books and see if any of the style you like work with thick hair.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 1 2008, 12:29 PM)

bolt.gif

I agree with you 100%! trink39.gif

I love long hair! wink.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Feb 1 2008, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 1 2008, 12:29 PM)

bolt.gif

I agree with you 100%! trink39.gif

I love long hair! wink.gif

Ditto to that! Long hair is better! biggrin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/Nikki3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/Nikki1.jpg

tongue.gif

(Nikki Squire)

Archived