'Spheres, Anthem, Red Vinyl

deamhain

Somewhere, tucked away and played twice (once by the friend I swapped a Damned album for it sometime in the very early 80's and once by me to check for jumps etc), I have a copy of Hemispheres on the Anthem label and in red vinyl.

(For the youngsters among us: Us oldies used to buy these big CD's that had half the album on either side and you had to turn over half way through. They worked by having a big groove engraved in a tight spiral which was good and were made to not work by having a groove accidentally engraved in any other configuration of line - which was bad! laugh.gif )

Anyway, I've never been much of a record anorak and only have this because it was there for the taking. Were there loads of these produced or is it a bit of a rarity? Anyone know.

Not in the least bothered but thought someone here might shine a light.

Cheers

QUOTE (deamhain @ Jan 13 2005, 04:33 PM)

(For the youngsters among us: Us oldies used to buy these big CD's that had half the album on either side and you had to turn over half way through. They worked by having a big groove engraved in a tight spiral which was good and were made to not work by having a groove accidentally engraved in any other configuration of line - which was bad! laugh.gif )

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Slaine I think it did make to the UK, I knew someone who had one back then. My H'sphere is the bog-standard black version but has a picture label.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 13 2005, 04:00 PM)
I found one at a used record store a few years back. Nabbed it up immediatly. Since then, I havent found any other Anthem labels anywhere, only Mercury. I checked again at a few stores today and still didnt find any toher Anthem pieces.

I can't pass a used record store without stopping and checking for Rush albums and 45's. I once picked up a perfect copy of 2112 that is a German Import for $1.00 and found a copy of "Closer to the Heart" 45 for 50 cents in the same store!!! The guy did not know what he was selling!!!

Archived