pac man

daveyt

Waka Waka Waka

Pac man was cool when it came out. I remember playing it a lot on the video machines in pubs. Space Invaders was another favourite.

Those games you mention, Space Invadors, Super Breakout, those where my faves!!!! Wasnt there one called Mission Control, or something like that? You had a thingy that you had to aim with your joystick, and then shoot, it was like a cursor... I don't remember what it was called.... wacko.gif My description doesnt sound good I know, but its the only way I can think of... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 13 2005, 10:24 AM)
Those games you mention, Space Invadors, Super Breakout, those where my faves!!!! Wasnt there one called Mission Control, or something like that? You had a thingy that you had to aim with your joystick, and then shoot, it was like a cursor... I don't remember what it was called.... wacko.gif My description doesnt sound good I know, but its the only way I can think of... laugh.gif

Missle Command I think youa re talking about - GREAT game! laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 13 2005, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 13 2005, 10:24 AM)
Those games you mention, Space Invadors, Super Breakout, those where my faves!!!!  Wasnt there one called Mission Control, or something like that?  You had a thingy that you had to aim with your joystick, and then shoot, it was like a cursor... I don't remember what it was called.... wacko.gif  My description doesnt sound good I know, but its the only way I can think of... laugh.gif

Missle Command I think youa re talking about - GREAT game! laugh.gif

BY GUMMY, YOU GOT IT! laugh.gif That was one of my faves!!!! 653.gif

Anybody remember "Tempest"? I RULED at that game...you had this little wheel dealie to turn your ship around, inside of these matrix-like thingies, and you had to shoot the stuff coming toward you...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 13 2005, 12:53 PM)
There was one in which you controled a tank, shooting at really minimalist targets which were visible on the horizon ; lots of straight lines and angles with no fill, when you were killed, it cracked your 'windscreen'.

Am I making ANY sense??

Ya, Ive played that before very fun It was called tank something? doh.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 13 2005, 11:53 AM)
There was one in which you controled a tank, shooting at really minimalist targets which were visible on the horizon ; lots of straight lines and angles with no fill, when you were killed, it cracked your 'windscreen'.

Am I making ANY sense??

Wasn't that "Battlezone"? Was that the name?

Did you know that Pac-Man was originally called Puc-Man? They changed it out of fear that the P could be altered to look like an F on the sides of the machines.

I got my hubby the Atari Joystick for Xmas - plugs into your TV and has 10 of the original games (Pong, Breakout, Asteroids, Centipede).

Talk about old-school - Blast from the past!

Now we need to get the "new" Atari console, so we can both play!!

yes.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 13 2005, 05:22 PM)

Am I making ANY sense??

That's the one Snowdog, thanx!!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 13 2005, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 13 2005, 05:22 PM)

Am I making ANY sense??

That's the one Snowdog, thanx!!

glad I could be of assistance, my Irish counterpart wink.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Jan 13 2005, 12:41 PM)
I got my hubby the Atari Joystick for Xmas - plugs into your TV and has 10 of the original games (Pong, Breakout, Asteroids, Centipede).

Talk about old-school - Blast from the past!

Now we need to get the "new" Atari console, so we can both play!!

yes.gif

My kids got me that for Father's Day last year. I love it! They can't believe how crude those games are, what with all their fancy PS2's and XBox's. I still love playing the old "Adventure" game where you have to retrieve the chalice and bring it back to the golden castle cool.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 13 2005, 01:15 PM)
Donkey Kong ruled.

Yes it did. yes.gif

Anybody remember "Tempest"? I RULED at that game...you had this little wheel dealie to turn your ship around, inside of these matrix-like thingies, and you had to shoot the stuff coming toward you...

Tempest was a phenomenal game. You can still play it if you buy the Atari greatest Hits for PC, but it's not quite the same without that cool dial cool.gif

Donkey kong, "How high can you get"......................It's always fun trying to see just how high you can get.

Archived