2008 - 07/22 - Atlanta, GA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 18 2008, 10:04 AM)
Not to many posts here. I know its a while away...but c'mon my fellow Atlantans.

Count me in! cool.gif Coming from lovely May-retta Square area. . .know Alpharetta well, as I used to build homes in the area. And yes, traffic there is a nightmare.

I wish the venue would update their website - I would like to try to find out if it's possible to send articles to the band, c/o the venue, to get autographed. Some places allow this, some don't participate.

Anyone know the answer to this one yet?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 19 2008, 06:54 PM)
Not to many posts here.  I know its a while away...but c'mon my fellow Atlantans.

Count me in! cool.gif Coming from lovely May-retta Square area. . .know Alpharetta well, as I used to build homes in the area. And yes, traffic there is a nightmare.

I wish the venue would update their website - I would like to try to find out if it's possible to send articles to the band, c/o the venue, to get autographed. Some places allow this, some don't participate.

What did you think of that storm last night? I got caught in the middle of it with my three year old. I shit my pants yes.gif

Not to many posts here. I know its a while away...but c'mon my fellow Atlantans.

I'll be there. 1022.gif

(I'm not an Atlantan, but...close enough. biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 21 2008, 04:54 PM)
Not to many posts here.  I know its a while away...but c'mon my fellow Atlantans.

I'll be there. 1022.gif

Cool....and it's the last show. Perhaps something special??

This is definately the worst tornado season I can remember in the Atlanta area. As I watched the news coverage of this storm I was concerned for the folks attending the eagles show at verizon wireless ampitheater. It looked like the path of the storm was headed right for the show. Looks like cherokee county took the brunt of it. By the time the boys get here in july we should have a different weather pattern, it will just be hot as hell. It will be 95 with 95% humidity. I bet Alex wont be wearing that jacket on stage but the beer will be cold and the music loud and I will be rockin out on the 12th row in front of Geddy. 653.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Hunter215 @ May 21 2008, 05:07 PM)
This is definately the worst tornado season I can remember in the Atlanta area. As I watched the news coverage of this storm I was concerned for the folks attending the eagles show at verizon wireless ampitheater. It looked like the path of the storm was headed right for the show. Looks like cherokee county took the brunt of it. By the time the boys get here in july we should have a different weather pattern, it will just be hot as hell. It will be 95 with 95% humidity. I bet Alex wont be wearing that jacket on stage but the beer will be cold and the music loud and I will be rockin out on the 12th row in front of Geddy. 653.gif trink39.gif

Wow, I forgot about the Eagles concert. It must have been halted. It ripped right through Alpharetta and Roswell.

I was driving into Cherokee Cty from Roswell and all of a sudden my car was being beaten by hail. Then it got so bad that I jumped a median and turned the car around to try and outrun it. I was dodging in/out of traffic to find a safe haven. I finally was able to turn into a CVS after seeing the transformers being blown out looking like fireworks. My three year old was grasping his ears saying, "make it stop daddy."

Mother Nature is certainly an arbitrary phenomenon.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 21 2008, 03:59 PM)

I'll be there. 1022.gif

Yeah...money's tight, gas prices high (and going higher), and have already seen 3 shows last year and this, but........

Still considering getting some lawn tickets because I've never been to a 'last show of the tour' before and the fact that it's in the same place as that 1st show nearly a year ago adds some coolness factor. I'd like to think there might be something extra special about it and I would regret missing a show this close to home. (if a 4 hr. drive can be considered close) The wife and I are still contemplating...

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 21 2008, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 19 2008, 06:54 PM)

What did you think of that storm last night? I got caught in the middle of it with my three year old. I shit my pants yes.gif

Sheesh, I had one of the longest workouts of my life last night thanks to the storm. I was at the gym when it started - got there around 5:45. The initial tornado warning was supposed to end at 7, so I figured I'd wait it out rather than risk driving directly into a funnel cloud. Then the warning was extended till 7:30. . .then 8. The sun came out around 7:45 so I took a chance and left.

My husband was home with our dogs; normally weather doesn't bother them but he said the hail sort of got them a little wigged out.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 21 2008, 04:13 PM)
This is definately the worst tornado season I can remember in the Atlanta area.  As I watched the news coverage of this storm I was concerned for the folks attending the eagles show at verizon wireless ampitheater.  It looked like the path of the storm was headed right for the show.  Looks like cherokee county took the brunt of it.  By the time the boys get here in july we should have a different weather pattern, it will just be hot as hell.  It will be 95 with 95% humidity.  I bet Alex wont be wearing that jacket on stage but the beer will be cold and the music loud and I will be rockin out on the 12th row in front of Geddy. 653.gif  trink39.gif

Wow, I forgot about the Eagles concert. It must have been halted. It ripped right through Alpharetta and Roswell.

I was driving into Cherokee Cty from Roswell and all of a sudden my car was being beaten by hail. Then it got so bad that I jumped a median and turned the car around to try and outrun it. I was dodging in/out of traffic to find a safe haven. I finally was able to turn into a CVS after seeing the transformers being blown out looking like fireworks. My three year old was grasping his ears saying, "make it stop daddy."

You're fortunate. Cherokee County got the worst of it.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 21 2008, 10:35 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 21 2008, 04:13 PM)
This is definately the worst tornado season I can remember in the Atlanta area.  As I watched the news coverage of this storm I was concerned for the folks attending the eagles show at verizon wireless ampitheater.  It looked like the path of the storm was headed right for the show.  Looks like cherokee county took the brunt of it.  By the time the boys get here in july we should have a different weather pattern, it will just be hot as hell.  It will be 95 with 95% humidity.  I bet Alex wont be wearing that jacket on stage but the beer will be cold and the music loud and I will be rockin out on the 12th row in front of Geddy. 653.gif  trink39.gif

You're fortunate. Cherokee County got the worst of it.

I heard...an F1 touchdown scared.gif

I'll be there. 1022.gif

I think absolutely we should do something special. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 23 2008, 02:54 PM)

I'll be there. 1022.gif

I think absolutely we should do something special. biggrin.gif

I was referring to a surprise in the setlist....but now that we are on the topic, what did you have in mind?

Bumped because I spy ES-335 on the board...

Hi Lee!!! bekloppt.gif

Does anyone know if we can send stuff to the venue to be signed by the band? I'd love to have Neil's autograph on a book.

I haven't been able to get info from the Verizon website and haven't found time to call (slack, I know). I just don't want my Neil book to end up in a black hole.

will be there with about five or six other friends. yes, traffic sucks everywhere here. I'm stoked that they are playing the new venue and not the cracktown shack at Lakewood. As for the Gwinnett Arena, that would have been cool b/c I am close to there but for a loud rock show, better to be outside. Saw Audioslave indoors at Gwinnett and my ears are forever ruined. the sound just bounces off all the concrete walls, terrible.

Orch, Row D, see you there freaks.... 1022.gif 2.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

I have read that parking is a breeze. they make is easy with shuttles from the farther lots and I read that getting into the primary A and B lots is quick and easy too. Not my problem, I'll leave it up to my designated driver.... trink38.gif

QUOTE (con550 @ Jul 11 2008, 03:04 PM)
I have read that parking is a breeze. they make is easy with shuttles from the farther lots and I read that getting into the primary A and B lots is quick and easy too. Not my problem, I'll leave it up to my designated driver.... trink38.gif

Cool 1022.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 29 2008, 12:33 PM)

Hi Lee!!! bekloppt.gif

Hi my belle wub.gif Sorry ... I missed your post sad.gif

I just visited the other boards and no one has made an solid plans yet. I think that the Indy reschedule has taken some of the wind out of the sails for Atlanta.

I suggested Champps or Locos, both in Alpharetta and quite close to the venue. Although not walking distance. Just throwing that out ... if one of the other boards makes plans, I will post it here in case anyone would like to join in ... or is anyone here makes solid plans, close to the venue, I will spread the word.

Coming up soon 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jul 15 2008, 09:05 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 29 2008, 12:33 PM)

Hi Lee!!!  bekloppt.gif

Hi my belle wub.gif Sorry ... I missed your post sad.gif

I just visited the other boards and no one has made an solid plans yet. I think that the Indy reschedule has taken some of the wind out of the sails for Atlanta.

I suggested Champps or Locos, both in Alpharetta and quite close to the venue. Although not walking distance. Just throwing that out ... if one of the other boards makes plans, I will post it here in case anyone would like to join in ... or is anyone here makes solid plans, close to the venue, I will spread the word.

Coming up soon 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

The Ale House is good, plus cheap beers. You can take the shuttle which is walking distance from there.

Well, somebody pick SUMTHIN! I need to know where to show up. smile.gif

^^^ Me too! I need to make solid plans 'cause it looks like I'm ditching the other half for a bit. He has friends he wants to meet up with. I got the day off and plan to be at soundcheck.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 15 2008, 08:31 PM)
Well, somebody pick SUMTHIN! I need to know where to show up. smile.gif

It looks like Champps is the place. It is real close to the venue. One could walk, but the street that leads to the venue is just behind it.

http://www.champps.com/default.aspx?tabid=274

I hope y'all can make it!!!

Lee

Archived