2008 - 07/22 - Atlanta, GA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore

July 22, 2008

Atlanta, GA

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore

Venue Website

------------------------------

I have never heard of that venue. I have only lived here for 45 years so I may have to ask for some directions!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody helped me out from CP. The venue has not been built yet.

Link

I live in alpharetta and they are building this about 5 mins from my house so I am stoked! rush in alpharetta! common001.gif

anyway its being built for the atlanta symphony to be able to play for us northern suburbanites who are too lazy to go downtown anymore

I think its scheduled to be open this spring.

QUOTE (strangedevice @ Jan 18 2008, 10:30 AM)
How about some hotel name(s) that are  nearby the closer the better .. Thanks

the first 2 are about 2-3 miles away and walking distance to every chain imaginable

http://www.amerisuites.com/reservations/lo...view=directions

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyPr...%26promocorp%3D

this fairfield inn is in the 5 mile range

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/atlf...nta-alpharetta/

QUOTE (Fiddles @ Jan 18 2008, 09:53 AM)

the first 2 are about 2-3 miles away and walking distance to every chain imaginable

fiddles

Last question I'm not trying to turn you into a travel agent but is that La Quinta in good shape and is the area ok ? Some of those LQs are hit or miss ?

Thanks alot trink39.gif

Although I am really upset that they decided to skip Nashville (or any Middle Tennessee date) AGAIN!!!! I will most likley be going to this show. And I'm happy that they are not doing Hi-Fi Buys again. I won't actually have to drive into Atlanta, and risk getting lost, and dealing with that traffic.

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Jan 18 2008, 11:16 AM)
Whoo-hoo!! A new amphitheater in the Atlanta-area!! No more Urban Decay/Security Bozos Amphitheater!

Too bad the Gwinnett (indoor) location didn't work out...'cos it'll probably be hotter than the hinges of hell's basement on July 22

Yes, 83 (air temperature and humidity) in the shade at 7:30 p.m. is a consideration, but the relative ease of being in suburbia is too. But we are also looking at the idea of it being an outdoor venue where taking a near-3-year-old wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities given the anticipated availability of lawn seating.

I've been in touch with the venue today and they aren't very clear on the policy about whether one would have to pay for a child going to the lawn seating area. Other policies may not be very clear at this stage since, as I understand it, the facility isn't even finished yet. The venue site isn't up yet but should be next month, according to the staff person, at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park

I hope we can take our daughter because I really want to see her reaction when she hears "Far Cry" being played live. We would probably stay with a relative in the vicinity.

So, Atlanta, at this stage, is the likely venue where we'll catch this leg of the tour.

Ok, so my friend (same one who came with me last year) are gonna be hitting up this show... and I'll be driving us this time, and will also be 18... so that means we'll probably try and catch any pre-show get together that gets organized, provided it's not at a 21-older place. It'd be cool to meet some of you guys.

Sorry Atlanta bound TRF'ers I just re-organized my plans, and I won't be attending the Atlanta show...It is just going to be too hard to do on a Tuesday.

I am changing up and going to the St.Louis show which is on a Saturday, and only 2 hours more driving than driving to Atlanta. (From Middle Tennessee)

QUOTE (strangedevice @ Jan 18 2008, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (Fiddles @ Jan 18 2008, 09:53 AM)

fiddles

Last question I'm not trying to turn you into a travel agent but is that La Quinta in good shape and is the area ok ? Some of those LQs are hit or miss ?

Thanks alot trink39.gif

sorry was at a work conference this week. I cant vouch for the quality of that specific la quinta but in general its a pretty affluent area of the city. alot of braves and falcons players live in alpharetta as does bobby brown. or he used to. he may be in jail now.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 18 2008, 02:23 PM)
I won't actually have to drive into Atlanta, and risk getting lost, and dealing with that traffic.

Not to burst your bubble, but the traffic in Alpharetta is just as bad as any area of town. The north bound traffic (away from Atlanta) on Ga 400 in the evening rush hour (no pun intended tongue.gif ) ... is horrible. I would highly recommend staying in one of the hotels right next to the venue. If you stay at the airport or downtown, it will take upwards of 1 to 1.5 hours to get to the venue.

Also, if you are driving in from Tenn in the afternoon, you may want to exit on one of the surface streets from I-75 and cut over to Alpharetta. If you take 285 to Ga400, you will hit major traffic.

Also, for those concerned about the quality of hotels in that area, they are all fine. I live about 5 miles from there and there are not any bad areas. (unlike HiFi Buys)

If anyone has any specific questions on traffic, directions, etc ... let me know.

Lee

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Feb 16 2008, 08:10 PM)
I won't actually have to drive into Atlanta, and risk getting lost, and dealing with that traffic.

Not to burst your bubble, but the traffic in Alpharetta is just as bad as any area of town. The north bound traffic (away from Atlanta) on Ga 400 in the evening rush hour (no pun intended tongue.gif ) ... is horrible. I would highly recommend staying in one of the hotels right next to the venue. If you stay at the airport or downtown, it will take upwards of 1 to 1.5 hours to get to the venue.

Also, if you are driving in from Tenn in the afternoon, you may want to exit on one of the surface streets from I-75 and cut over to Alpharetta. If you take 285 to Ga400, you will hit major traffic.

Also, for those concerned about the quality of hotels in that area, they are all fine. I live about 5 miles from there and there are not any bad areas. (unlike HiFi Buys)

If anyone has any specific questions on traffic, directions, etc ... let me know.

Lee

Lee, you gonna make it to this one since it's in your backyard? tongue.gif

Looks like I might've found some tix, so I believe I'm sort of officially in for this one. biggrin.gif

Man I can't WAIT for this show... I'm somehow even more excited than I was last year. My friend and I are planning on leaving pretty early in the afternoon and just finding some place to chill until the venue opens up, so hopefully there'll be some sort of meet up planned.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Feb 16 2008, 10:10 PM)

Lee

yes.gif The traffic in Alpharetta is horrible...but hopefully it will tame itself come showtime.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 20 2008, 02:11 PM)
Man I can't WAIT for this show... I'm somehow even more excited than I was last year. My friend and I are planning on leaving pretty early in the afternoon and just finding some place to chill until the venue opens up, so hopefully there'll be some sort of meet up planned.

There are a number of places to party near the venue prior to the concert. The Ale House for one...cheap beers!!!

already went to new orleans this year, but i decided to spoil myself and go to atlanta again. a friend and i will be making the trip from pensacola, florida. should be fun

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Apr 27 2008, 10:47 AM)
I'm selling my ticket for this show. I'll be hard for me to be in Atlanta on 7/22 and then be in Memphis the next day for a child's doctor appointment.

PM me if you're interested.

Where is the seat?

Archived