2008 - 07/19 - Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion

i recieved a e-mail today from live nation non-professinal cameras are allowed. plus i called nissian digatial are allowed.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (rushlady2112 @ Jul 17 2008, 07:12 PM)
Hey all,
I'll be showing up around 5:30pm with my brother.  This will be my 23rd time seeing Rush.  Sitting section 103, row C.  We are having a tailgate with about 3-4 others.  Anyone interested, let me know so we can exchange information.

See the previous posts in this thread for the meet-up info.

Notice: Directions to the venue have changed!

Click here for the new directions.

You can view a close-up map of the area around the venue here.

I am coming from Roanoke, VA. My nephew-in-law is coming with me. I have been to VA Beach the last 4 tours so this is my first at Nissan for Rush. I don't know exactly where we are going but we will be spending the nite at Hampton Inn Manassas and getting to the pavilion around 4:30-5:00P.

We will be in Orch 2 Row K 11/12.

Alan

My party of 4 will be eating at Bonefish Grille at 4 or 4:30-ish!! We plan to head over to the pavilion after that!! I will probably be wearing a Black Hemispheres T-Shirt!!

Looking forward to once again meeting my extended Rush Family!!!!!

Ya`ll take care.

Worse case scenario...If we miss the tailgate, a few of us may be lucky enough to bump into each other during intermission!!

I chime in again later on today re; my attire:-)

Ya`ll take care

QUOTE (Dbl-Strk @ Jul 18 2008, 03:15 AM)
Worse case scenario...If we miss the tailgate, a few of us may be lucky enough to bump into each other during intermission!!
I chime in again later on today re; my attire:-)

Ya`ll take care

Show doesn't start until 7:30. That should give us enough time to hook up.

Hope to see you there. trink39.gif

I was buying beer at Wal-Mart today and this nice little old lady at the register said "OOH SOMEONE'S GOING TO PARTY!". Damn right, lady.

I told her it was for a Rush concert and she said "Ooh, I used to have all their albums. They were before CDs". z7shysterical.gif

We're going to stay at that Super 8 near the venue again. We'll probably stop by there and steal some ice and then come to the Giant for the meet up. I've got two cases of Yuengling and some chips. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 18 2008, 02:19 PM)
I was buying beer at Wal-Mart today and this nice little old lady at the register said "OOH SOMEONE'S GOING TO PARTY!". Damn right, lady.

I told her it was for a Rush concert and she said "Ooh, I used to have all their albums. They were before CDs". z7shysterical.gif

We're going to stay at that Super 8 near the venue again. We'll probably stop by there and steal some ice and then come to the Giant for the meet up. I've got two cases of Yuengling and some chips. laugh.gif

Good to know somebody will be loaded up with Yuenglings should I run out (but I'll probably stick mostly to bourbon to limit restroom usage)

I will also bring some homebrews (Amber Ales) that turned out fairly well for anyone daring.

I'm actually goin' Spanish since it's gonna be so friggin' hot. trink39.gif

Corona and modelo (theough I might get a couple tall Kirin ichibans to share as well.)

Already got the limes and I'm gonna bring some grilled corn for anybody that wants to try it (and some floss!)

I don't know if that Giant will have Corona on sale, but the one near my house is selling a half case for $9,99. Hard to beat that, and many of the ladies like it as well.

just wondering if someone attending the show in nissian that is throwing a tailgate party knows a Jay Halterman.

I'm going to try to meet you guys at the Giant. This is my first time going to Nissan, and I'm coming from the Odenton/Ft Meade area of Maryland, so there's no guarantee I'll be able to get to the meeting place on time. If I can make it there for the tailgating, it'll be great to meet everyone. If not, enjoy the show.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 18 2008, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 18 2008, 03:44 PM)
Which Super 8 is near the venue?

From the reviews on the Internet, that Super 8 seems quite sketchy. The Days Inn on Centreville Road is the same price and has much better feedback.

Haha, I guess. Aren't all Super 8s sketchy? laugh.gif I've stayed there before...it's a bed for a night. That's about all I can say about it. It's better than sleeping on your friend's floor and waking up with some guy nicknamed "Biscuit" on the floor beside you. Not that it's ever happened to me or anything. huh.gif

QUOTE (vaportrails14 @ Jul 18 2008, 03:40 PM)
just wondering if someone attending the show in nissian that is throwing a tailgate party knows a Jay Halterman.

Yes. That would be me. I contacted (and spoke to him) through email with my cell phone so we could meet up.

I hope you can join us and bring instruments.

kool, i'm jay halterman son anthony halterman i told my brother to bring his acoustic bass and guitar i talked to my dad today he is all pumped and ready to go.

Hey ya`ll!!! I`ll be looking for, "The Balloons" once we show up!!!

I don`t know what my wife is wearing yer re; a Rush Shirt. I know she`s wearing jeans. She`s short, white, with glassess, and short brown hair.

I`ll be the brotha wearing a black Hemispheres T, with possibly a Red Nike Cap, and jeans!!

If you see me anytime during the show, before, during, or after, just shout, "Hey Dbl-Strk"!!!

That`s Double Stroke for all the non drummers!!!

See ya`ll later on!!!!

Busy morning for me. If I'm not at the Giant parking lot right around 4, I'll head right to that small business lot right before the Nissan entrance. That way I can be with the caravan going in. If I'm later than that, no biggie, I'll find the TRF crew - come Hades or High Water! laugh.gif

Well, after a twist of fate, we won tickets to this show while going to see them in Hershey! So we will be there. The tickets we got from the station are a joke however, 305 row V.

i was right there at that tailgate party. the guy that made the cheese burgers was really good.

Archived