2008 - 07/19 - Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion

QUOTE (Dbl-Strk @ Feb 26 2008, 10:40 PM)
Hey ya`ll, it`s been a little while. We` will give it a shot on Friday at 10am!! I had really good seats for the Va. Beach show on the first leg.

I hope to see alot of my extended Rush Family at Nissan!!!

Ya`ll take care

trink39.gif

Hope to see you there.

What part of Richmond are you from?? (Mechanicsville for me)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ya`ll...we got 4 for Section 101/ Row c!! We`re stoked!! I`m bringing along a couple from my job. My wife has never been this close before. It`s a bit bittersweet though. My oldest daughter, who`s 12, went to the 30yr. Anniv. Tour, and she wants to go to this one as well. She kept saying, "What if they stop after this one Daddy?"" My oldest son, 8yrs, hasn`t been to a Rush show yet. He`s alot shorter than his sister. Since getting front row is all but impossible, unless you really know someone, he couldn`t see anything!! He`s kinda bummed too!!

As it gets closer, lets try and meet up. It`s always cool to put a face to the screen-name/Avatar!!

Ya`ll take care

Hey Apetersvt, we live in Varina!!

Let`s stay in touch!!

Take care

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jan 19 2008, 10:23 PM)
This place again? Man this venue sucks. Guess I wont be going again this time around.

Why don't you like Nissan Pavilion? I LOVE this place - I've seen over 20 shows there.

Anyways, we got our tickets ordered, 101 V (close to the center aisle). This is good enough for us since we had FRONT ROW for the first leg. Hope to meet some of you there.

I will be there...we had a great tailgate in the VIP parking thanks to "Losingit" from here and the couterparts stie.

From what i hear we are doing it again so consider swinging by if you can everyone.

I myself had no luck as well with presale or reg sale....I'm eyballin ebay and stubhub.......orch 2 or 3 for me or bust!

QUOTE (workingman @ Mar 3 2008, 01:37 PM)
This place again?  Man this venue sucks.  Guess I wont be going again this time around.

Why don't you like Nissan Pavilion? I LOVE this place - I've seen over 20 shows there.

Anyways, we got our tickets ordered, 101 V (close to the center aisle). This is good enough for us since we had FRONT ROW for the first leg. Hope to meet some of you there.

I guess if you live in DC or Virginia its great but when you live north of Baltimore it sucks. You can't get in and out very easy and the sound there sucks. The old ladies that live down the street won't let them turn the volume up. At the R30 show I could talk to the guy behind me without raising my voice and I was in section 101. It was really sad.

I hate outdoor venues anyway. Rush should never play them. It ruins half the show.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 4 2008, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (workingman @ Mar 3 2008, 01:37 PM)
This place again?  Man this venue sucks.  Guess I wont be going again this time around.

I guess if you live in DC or Virginia its great but when you live north of Baltimore it sucks. You can't get in and out very easy and the sound there sucks. The old ladies that live down the street won't let them turn the volume up. At the R30 show I could talk to the guy behind me without raising my voice and I was in section 101. It was really sad.

I hate outdoor venues anyway. Rush should never play them. It ruins half the show.

I guess your experiences at Nissan Pavilion are VERY different than mine. I've been to almost 2 dozen shows there and depending on the band, the volume there can be VERY high (Metallica & Ozzfest come to mind as examples). It CLEARLY all depends on the band, not the "old ladies that live down the street". The only restriction on Nissan Pavilion for local residents is the 11PM curfew, not volume.

Getting in and out can be a challenge, I'll give you that much. Since I live about 5-10 minutes away, I'm usually not in a huge hurry to bolt after a show gets done.

I'll be there for sure - hopefully this time I can make the tailgate party. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I like the venue myself. Until Nissan P came along, I always had to hike to PG county or BF College park to see a show (except for the really huge ones at RFK.) This venue has been a godsend to those of us in Northern VA.

Perhaps if you are north of Balmer, Hershey Park or the Philly show would suit you better.

As for getting in and out, we always arrive early and leave late. It helps avoid sitting in traffic. The converse of this formula works as well.

Glad to see you're going to make it again Chris. 1287.gif

Should be a blast! cool.gif

I got row 10 - in the middle. I had row 1 last year at VA Beach. Right in front of Geddy!

http://homepage.mac.com/vintonalan/PhotoAlbum30.html

Now this is WAY to early for this. My wife cannot go due to a work commitment. My oldest son who went in the front row last year seems to be on vacation with his mother. It is very possible I might have a spare tic - 10th row - will sell for cost - no scalping here. But too soon - my brother in law might go but he does not know at this point in time.

More later.

Alan

2.gif

My tickets arrived yesterday as well

(also through AMEX presale on Ticketbastard)

QUOTE (apetersvt @ May 2 2008, 11:02 AM)
My tickets arrived yesterday as well
(also through AMEX presale on Ticketbastard)

Same thing here for us. Hopefully see some of you this time around (sorry I missed the last tailgate).

See you there... (Section 101 V)

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 16 2008, 04:20 PM)
OK folks...it's about a month away. Time for a roll call.

Me (and my friends Adrian and Janet) - btw -all of us were in attendance last year.

Bringing guitar, conga drum (if there is some interest, although I only have one), beer (most likely Yuengling), and probably some Rum or Bourbon.

BTW, SteelCaressed, I like the timing of your post (4:20)

Dbl-Strk here!!!

My wife, myself, and a cardiologist friend and his girlfriend will be there!!

Can`t wait to meet some of my extended Rush Family again!!

Ya`ll take care

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jun 16 2008, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 16 2008, 04:20 PM)
OK folks...it's about a month away.  Time for a roll call.

Me (and my friends Adrian and Janet) - btw -all of us were in attendance last year.

Bringing guitar, conga drum (if there is some interest, although I only have one), beer (most likely Yuengling), and probably some Rum or Bourbon.

BTW, SteelCaressed, I like the timing of your post (4:20)

Excellent. And just as last year, I'll have my son w/ me. Not sure about the beer yet, but it will probably be an assortment of good stuff for a hot VA day.

Dbl-Strk - Glad to see you and your party will be joining us! We had a blast last year tailgating and playing music before the show.

OK...who else?

Very cool stormy.

I checked out the Hershey Park thread, and ffej (Jeff) and Alifesonfan (Matt) will be there instead of at Nissan. They will be missed.

Now, as for those who will attend, there has to be more. Own up so we can make the plans!

The last one was a blast, and barring abominable weather, this one will be too. trink39.gif

Im there....some of us met up in the VIP parking at "losingit's" car. Don't think hes making out to this one this time

But I will be there!!

hope to meet more of you this time around

orch2 row Q for this one.....give me some details of your plans.

from Rushman's info....last year i missed seeing neil ride in by 15 min

I'm not missing him this time. will he ride in the main strip or the side road that takes you back to the emplyee entrance? anyone know what for sure?

Archived