2008 - 07/14 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 different strings

different strings

Australia's #1 Rush Fan

• Members
  • 9053 posts
  • Interests:DRUMS, SURFING AND LISTENING TO RUSH. I would LOVE TO HEAR FROM ALL YOU RUSH FANS send me a PM or talk in chat. If anyone is coming to Australia one day let me know as I would love to meet you. I live in Sydney which is on the East Coast at a place on the fabulous Northern Beaches - great people, great surf and a fantastic city.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 19 2008, 07:08 AM)
the date will be here soon. we have less tham 2 month's to pick a time.

smile.gif Hey I would love to meet up with you Metaldad and of course anyone else going to this show. I will be going on my own the day after Pagscon and really would like to meet some more TRFer's at this venue. 2.gif  trink39.gif

Edited by different strings, 19 May 2008 - 03:41 AM.

Sponsored Post

#22 YYZ1993

YYZ1993

The Seeker

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

Anyone going "stag" to the show?  This will be my first time going alone to a show and I am a little bummed out about it.  Anyone see the boys in concert by themselves before?

#23 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (different strings @ May 19 2008, 03:40 AM)

smile.gif Hey I would love to meet up with you Metaldad and of course anyone else going to this show. I will be going on my own the day after Pagscon and really would like to meet some more TRFer's at this venue. 2.gif  trink39.gif

we will get together for some  trink39.gif  before the show.  we have to pick a stop trink39.gif  

#24 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (YYZ1993 @ May 19 2008, 06:21 PM)
Anyone going "stag" to the show?  This will be my first time going alone to a show and I am a little bummed out about it.  Anyone see the boys in concert by themselves before?

this show i am going alone, no biggie

#25 different strings

different strings

Australia's #1 Rush Fan

• Members
  • 9053 posts
  • Interests:DRUMS, SURFING AND LISTENING TO RUSH. I would LOVE TO HEAR FROM ALL YOU RUSH FANS send me a PM or talk in chat. If anyone is coming to Australia one day let me know as I would love to meet you. I live in Sydney which is on the East Coast at a place on the fabulous Northern Beaches - great people, great surf and a fantastic city.

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 22 2008, 05:34 AM)

we will get together for some  trink39.gif  before the show.  we have to pick a stop trink39.gif

sounds great smile.gif  trink39.gif I am coming from Penn Station on the LONG ISLAND RAILROAD and getting to Wantagh around 10am. From there if it's nice and hot I might get a taxi or the bus to Jones Beach. Have you got any suggestions confused13.gif  confused13.gif  confused13.gif  

#26 laxnation

laxnation

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Hide-N-Go Seek and Kick the Can
    Huge Islanders Fan!!!

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:30 AM

If anyone is selling or knows anyone selling (2) tickets for the the 7/14 show, please reply asap. I am only looking for tickets in Section A, B, or C.

Thank you!!!!  

#27 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (different strings @ May 25 2008, 06:21 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 22 2008, 05:34 AM)

sounds great smile.gif  trink39.gif I am coming from Penn Station on the LONG ISLAND RAILROAD and getting to Wantagh around 10am. From there if it's nice and hot I might get a taxi or the bus to Jones Beach. Have you got any suggestions confused13.gif  confused13.gif  confused13.gif

a taxi will cost you BIG $$$$$$$. call penn station , they might know of a bus that goes to j.b.   you really might not want to get to p.s. that early. maybe noon. you don't want to be sitting around for 9 or 10 hr's trink39.gif  

Edited by metaldad, 28 May 2008 - 05:02 PM.

#28 different strings

different strings

Australia's #1 Rush Fan

• Members
  • 9053 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:49 AM

My hotel is two blocks away from Penn Station and I was thinking of making a day of it at JONES BEACH as I can get a bus it seems from Wantagh station but as I haven't a clue about the area etc I am all ears regarding a meetup. trink39.gif  

#29 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:41 AM

i don't really know when i will get to j.b. yet. it's a big parking lot and you gotta have drink's trink38.gif  in a cup. the cop's at j.b. have nothing better to do. how many of us are going?  

#30 Hatchetaxe&saw

Hatchetaxe&saw

Hail the mighty Lag!

• Members *
  • 10812 posts
  • Interests:Misanthropy.

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 30 2008, 12:41 PM)
i don't really know when i will get to j.b. yet. it's a big parking lot and you gotta have drink's trink38.gif  in a cup. the cop's at j.b. have nothing better to do. how many of us are going?

I'm staying in Long Island the night of the gig, leaving Freehold early in the day, so I'm up for anything, so count me in!

#31 different strings

different strings

Australia's #1 Rush Fan

• Members
  • 9053 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 31 2008, 11:52 PM)
i don't really know when i will get to j.b. yet. it's a big parking lot and you gotta have drink's trink38.gif  in a cup. the cop's at j.b. have nothing better to do. how many of us are going?

I'm staying in Long Island the night of the gig, leaving Freehold early in the day, so I'm up for anything, so count me in!

laugh.gif I think you mean Freeport Hatchett but I would love to catch up with you mate trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif  

#32 Hatchetaxe&saw

Hatchetaxe&saw

Hail the mighty Lag!

• Members *
  • 10812 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (different strings @ Jun 1 2008, 11:03 AM)
i don't really know when i will get to j.b. yet. it's a big parking lot and you gotta have drink's trink38.gif  in a cup. the cop's at j.b. have nothing better to do. how many of us are going?

laugh.gif I think you mean Freeport Hatchett but I would love to catch up with you mate trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

No, Freehold, New Jersey, Bruce Springsteen's hometown. Checkout "My Hometown".
We can make plans at the tailgate in Holmdel! trink38.gif  trink39.gif  trink38.gif  

#33 DonnaWanna

DonnaWanna

Midnight Toker

• Members *
  • 10301 posts
  • Interests:Ridin LIRR Goin into NYC, Viva La Bam!!!
    ANY Hockey!..LOVE to see the RANGERS lose! Im a Devils fan! 420,MY Digi Cam,Movies,Concerts, Hangin with friends, Meetin New Friends, Backgamon,Dominos....other stuff just ask if u REALLY need to know more ;) NOSEY!

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

show date is gettin close!  common001.gif
CANT WAIT!  
i SOOO need this 1022.gif

#34 different strings

different strings

Australia's #1 Rush Fan

• Members
  • 9053 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 2 2008, 12:01 AM)

We can make plans at the tailgate in Holmdel! trink38.gif  trink39.gif  trink38.gif

ahh ok Hatchett gotcha laugh.gif are you going to Pagscon or only the show at Holmdel? 2.gif  

#35 Hatchetaxe&saw

Hatchetaxe&saw

Hail the mighty Lag!

• Members *
  • 10812 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (different strings @ Jun 3 2008, 11:57 AM)

ahh ok Hatchett gotcha laugh.gif are you going to Pagscon or only the show at Holmdel? 2.gif

Just Holmdel. I'll leave all you die-hards alone at PAGSCON!!!

When do you get in from Oz, we land early Friday morning. Hope my 2  boys get through the flight OK, one is nearly 2 1/2 and the littlest guy will be 7 months, the flight should be fun!

#36 different strings

different strings

Australia's #1 Rush Fan

• Members
  • 9053 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 3 2008, 11:14 PM)

When do you get in from Oz, we land early Friday morning. Hope my 2  boys get through the flight OK, one is nearly 2 1/2 and the littlest guy will be 7 months, the flight should be fun!

I hope that you will be okay with your two boys.I arrive Thursday afternoon around 5:30PM July 3 into JFK and will be staying in Manhatton only a couple of blocks from Penn Station. I will rest Friday then on to Saratoga Springs early on the Sat for my FIRST ever  2.gif show. I hope that I can get to meet you at the PNC show in Holmdel, I will be with the Pagscon lot partying on the LAWN. trink39.gif

Edited by different strings, 04 June 2008 - 06:12 AM.

#37 Serviette Onion

Serviette Onion

The Seeker

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (different strings @ Jun 4 2008, 06:11 AM)

I hope that you will be okay with your two boys.I arrive Thursday afternoon around 5:30PM July 3 into JFK and will be staying in Manhatton only a couple of blocks from Penn Station. I will rest Friday then on to Saratoga Springs early on the Sat for my FIRST ever  2.gif show. I hope that I can get to meet you at the PNC show in Holmdel, I will be with the Pagscon lot partying on the LAWN. trink39.gif

Don't forget to carry That Aussie Flag to the shows!!!!

I'm sure Geddy Wil give a shout out the the Aussies in the Audience!

BTW, DS, where will you be staying? SInce you have your kids along, you might want to take them along to the Bronx Zoo or the Bronx Botanical Garden or Coney Island. BTW, If you go to Coney Island on the 4th, make you stay clear of the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest. Oh, and just in case you ARE interested, The Yankees will be playing the Red Sox at the Stadium with a 1:35 PM Start.

Since you are going to Saratoga, the one place to hang out before the show is PJ's BBQ. It is the place I go to during the racing season (Read: Travers Weekend) for some great BBQ.

I hope to get a ticket for either the Jones Beach Or Homdel Show!

#38 laxnation

laxnation

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Hide-N-Go Seek and Kick the Can
    Huge Islanders Fan!!!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

I bought (2) tickets for show on 7/14 @ Jones Beach and found out this morning that my brother can't go to the concert. These tickets are unbelievable - near center (Alex's side) and 2nd row from the stage. we paid a lot of money ($500 each) for these tickets from a broker, but I obviously still want to go! Hey, a guy with a license plate YYZBYTOR isn't going to miss a show in his own area. To entice someone to buy this ticket, I would be willing to pick you up anywhere on Long Island to take us to the show -   included !!! I really don't expect anybody to reply with a $500 offer, but my brother would like to get some of his money back. Let me know.  

#39 different strings

different strings

Australia's #1 Rush Fan

• Members
  • 9053 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Jun 12 2008, 08:38 AM)
QUOTE (different strings @ Jun 4 2008, 06:11 AM)

Don't forget to carry That Aussie Flag to the shows!!!!

I'm sure Geddy Wil give a shout out the the Aussies in the Audience!

BTW, DS, where will you be staying? SInce you have your kids along, you might want to take them along to the Bronx Zoo or the Bronx Botanical Garden or Coney Island. BTW, If you go to Coney Island on the 4th, make you stay clear of the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest. Oh, and just in case you ARE interested, The Yankees will be playing the Red Sox at the Stadium with a 1:35 PM Start.

Since you are going to Saratoga, the one place to hang out before the show is PJ's BBQ. It is the place I go to during the racing season (Read: Travers Weekend) for some great BBQ.

I hope to get a ticket for either the Jones Beach Or Homdel Show!

laugh.gif I am not going with kids Serviette Onion but Hatchetaxe&saw is smile.gif . I am staying at a Place called the CHELSEA STAR HOTEL on West 30th St, Until sat morning July 5 then it's on to SARATOGA. It would be great to meet you at either the Holmdel show or indeed at Jones Beach. trink39.gif  

#40 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

hey d.s.
do you have any idea when you might get to j.b.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users