2008 - 07/12 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Jul 11 2008, 09:21 PM)
At TGIF, should I walk around an say TRF TRF! or will their be a way to identify you. I was guessing to look for 2.gif shirts.

Friday's is only the backup plan if they are actually blocking the parking lots before 6.

My "Rush" t-shirt won't be entirely obvious. It's a black t with a picture of a gnome on it.

See this post for directions: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=1376737

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what Rush shirt I'm wearing, but it will definitely be a Rush shirt. I'm planning on meeting up with PassTheAmmunition at around 3:30ish. TGIF is the backup plan if the lots are closed.

See you all there!

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 12 2008, 02:02 PM)
I'm not sure what Rush shirt I'm wearing, but it will definitely be a Rush shirt. I'm planning on meeting up with PassTheAmmunition at around 3:30ish. TGIF is the backup plan if the lots are closed.

See you all there!

I'm hoping to get there for 3:30 also, hopefully see you there.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 12 2008, 09:13 AM)
Quick question? If there is a tailgate, what's the story re: beer???? Bring your own or can it be purchased in the grounds of the PNC? (No tailgating in Ireland, so have no idea of tailgating etiquette!!!!)

check your p.m trink39.gif

Quick question? If there is a tailgate, what's the story re: beer???? Bring your own or can it be purchased in the grounds of the PNC? (No tailgating in Ireland, so have no idea of tailgating etiquette!!!!)

LOL No tailgating in Ireland. laugh.gif I am having so much trouble with that!

Is it because Ireland drinks beer like we drink coffee so what would be the point? trink39.gif

or am I projecting a terrible stereotype about Ireland? doh.gif

(I am Irish by descent....so really no offense intended)

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jul 12 2008, 04:21 PM)

LOL No tailgating in Ireland. laugh.gif I am having so much trouble with that!

Is it because Ireland drinks beer like we drink coffee so what would be the point? trink39.gif

or am I projecting a terrible stereotype about Ireland? doh.gif

(I am Irish by descent....so really no offense intended)

Exactly, we drink everywhere, so drinking in a parking lot, seems kinda weird!!! laugh.gif It's not a stereotype, it's all true......

See you later! I've brought some Guinness! trink38.gif

Great show, and great to meet everyone. Who knew that the grounds around an Exxon station could be so accomodating?

Hachet, enjoy the rest of your holiday, and to everyone else, safe travels until we meet again.

Trout, maybe next time we can scare up some more disc spinners, and I can teach you the game of Ultimate Frisbee.

Pags, here's hoping that the trannie isn't terminal.

QUOTE (eguy @ Jul 13 2008, 01:06 PM)
Great show, and great to meet everyone. Who knew that the grounds around an Exxon station could be so accomodating?

Hachet, enjoy the rest of your holiday, and to everyone else, safe travels until we meet again.

Trout, maybe next time we can scare up some more disc spinners, and I can teach you the game of Ultimate Frisbee.

Thanks Ed, great to meet you, enjoy the Isle of Arran!! Watch out for chicken-seeking Scotsmen......

QUOTE (eguy @ Jul 13 2008, 08:06 AM)
Great show, and great to meet everyone.  Who knew that the grounds around an Exxon station could be so accomodating?

I searched and searched....looked everywhere for a TRF shirt....just couldnt find you all. sad.gif

So...next time then! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jul 13 2008, 10:41 AM)
it was a great show!! but they let us park at like 5:15......way befor 6 oclock!!

anyways, i was the FIRST person in line to get in lol.....anyone have pictures?

PassTheAmmunition, whom I've had the pleasure of meeting the night before the show, got some great pictures...check out his thread 1022.gif

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=41077

QUOTE (eguy @ Jul 13 2008, 05:06 AM)
Great show, and great to meet everyone.  Who knew that the grounds around an Exxon station could be so accomodating?

Hi Ed,

It was great to meet you. That was one serious frisbee, it felt like five pounds. laugh.gif Made the situation at Exxon alott more comfortable. biggrin.gif What a tailgate party 1022.gif trink38.gif The concert was so awesome, it has been far too long. I was in shock when they came on stage. 653.gif The atmosphere was beyond words!! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 13 2008, 08:38 AM)
QUOTE (eguy @ Jul 13 2008, 01:06 PM)

Thanks Ed, great to meet you, enjoy the Isle of Arran!! Watch out for chicken-seeking Scotsmen......

Thanks Peter. I've got it covered. I told my wife to keep a lookout for this guy.

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll455/edtguy/Chicken.jpg

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 15 2008, 07:20 PM)

Hi Ed,

It was great to meet you. That was one serious frisbee, it felt like five pounds. laugh.gif Made the situation at Exxon alott more comfortable. biggrin.gif What a tailgate party 1022.gif trink38.gif The concert was so awesome, it has been far too long. I was in shock when they came on stage. 653.gif The atmosphere was beyond words!! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

Hi Greg. It was great to finally meet up after all the posts and conversations. I'm glad you had a great time. That was a great concert. Who knows? Maybe before they retire, they'll play Anchorage and we can have a TroutCon! 1022.gif 653.gif common001.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif common001.gif 653.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (eguy @ Jul 15 2008, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 15 2008, 07:20 PM)

Hi Ed,

Hi Greg. It was great to finally meet up after all the posts and conversations. I'm glad you had a great time. That was a great concert. Who knows? Maybe before they retire, they'll play Anchorage and we can have a TroutCon! 1022.gif 653.gif common001.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif common001.gif 653.gif 1022.gif

unsure.gif rofl3.gif I wish laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

I just wanted to send out a special thanks to GG & Test. As you know, I have not been to a Rush concert since 1981. You were there for me after an emotional moment leaving the concert. Thanks to you both hug2.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 15 2008, 09:50 PM)
I just wanted to send out a special thanks to GG & Test. As you know, I have not been to a Rush concert since 1981. You were there for me after an emotional moment leaving the concert. Thanks to you both hug2.gif

Anytime, my friend. heart.gif It means a lot that we were there to share that with you.

I've had several moments like that since I got home, so I totally understand.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 15 2008, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 15 2008, 09:50 PM)
I just wanted to send out a special thanks to GG & Test. As you know, I have not been to a Rush concert since 1981. You were there for me after an emotional moment leaving the concert.  Thanks to you both hug2.gif

Anytime, my friend. heart.gif It means a lot that we were there to share that with you.

I've had several moments like that since I got home, so I totally understand.

Thank you!! smile.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived