The Molson Amphitheatre

Venue Website

Sponsored Post

#2 different strings

different strings

Australia's #1 Rush Fan

• Members
  • 9053 posts
  • Interests:DRUMS, SURFING AND LISTENING TO RUSH. I would LOVE TO HEAR FROM ALL YOU RUSH FANS send me a PM or talk in chat. If anyone is coming to Australia one day let me know as I would love to meet you. I live in Sydney which is on the East Coast at a place on the fabulous Northern Beaches - great people, great surf and a fantastic city.

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:18 AM

smile.gif I am hoping that this will be my FIRST  2.gif show and certainly NOT my last for this tour. I have been given another chance and was so disappointed in missing them in 07, now I am very excited so roll on July and who is going to the meetups.? I would love to see you."HISTORY RECEDES IN MY REVIEW MIRROR" 2.gif  

Edited by different strings, 19 January 2008 - 05:19 AM.

#3 Show Don't Tell

Show Don't Tell

The Seeder

• Members *
  • 9209 posts
  • Interests:Music, Hockey, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science.

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:33 AM

I'll be going to this one!! biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Can't wait!!!!

icon_alienjig.gif  

#4 sundog

sundog

Million Dollar Smile

• Members *
  • 11485 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:35 AM

user posted image

#5 Chelsey

Chelsey

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

London/Windsor area concertgoers:

I知 trying to get your take on the TRIP to the Molson Amphitheatre.

I知 personally not sure what the driving in and parking situation is like around the Amphitheatre, and I知 not too keen on finding out the hard way.  So, I知 wondering if there would be enough interest from fans in the area to warrant booking a highway coach to get some of us there and back.

It would probably leave from a London location with quick 401 access (off the top of my head comes the Flying J rest stop, just off the Highbury Ave exit).  Halfway to Toronto from Windsor, easy for Londoners, and a decent place to park the vehicles (safer than downtown Toronto, methinks).

I知 not quite sure how much it would cost per person to book a bus; some of you may think it more economical to drive in yourself.  I値l be approaching some coach lines within the next couple weeks to get estimates and will find out approximate prices.

I壇 very much appreciate your feedback on the idea.  Please let me know either way (whether you think it a good idea/bad idea)!
Thank you!

#6 Padfoot

Padfoot

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1210 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

If I can get tickets, I will be seeing this show! yes.gif

#7 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

I'll be there!  yes.gif  wub.gif  

#8 barney_rebel

barney_rebel

The Camera Guy

• 27052 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

I am down.

#9 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

Th..th..THAT'S IT邃「 folks!!!

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Chelsey @ Jan 19 2008, 03:53 PM)

I知 personally not sure what the driving in and parking situation is like around the Amphitheatre, and I知 not too keen on finding out the hard way.  So, I知 wondering if there would be enough interest from fans in the area to warrant booking a highway coach to get some of us there and back.

It would probably leave from a London location with quick 401 access (off the top of my head comes the Flying J rest stop, just off the Highbury Ave exit).  Halfway to Toronto from Windsor, easy for Londoners, and a decent place to park the vehicles (safer than downtown Toronto, methinks).

I知 not quite sure how much it would cost per person to book a bus; some of you may think it more economical to drive in yourself.  I値l be approaching some coach lines within the next couple weeks to get estimates and will find out approximate prices.

I壇 very much appreciate your feedback on the idea.  Please let me know either way (whether you think it a good idea/bad idea)!
Thank you!

Chelsey -

If this show was at the ACC I would say parking would be a nightmare.  I've never driven to the Molson Ampitheatre but I been there about 20 times and it sure LOOKS like they have adequate parking - huge outside lots surrounding the venue.

So if you are sober enough to drive, which I will NOT be  tongue.gif then I wouldn't be too worried about that.

On the other hand a bus trip sounds like a fun time if you can get enough people interested!

Can't wait for this show - I really missed the ampitheatre last year.

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  

#10 Arleen2112

Arleen2112

Puff Chick

• Members
  • 11706 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, photography

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

Can't Wait for this show user posted image

#11 pt2112

pt2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3009 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Hockey

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

I'm there!  1022.gif  

#12 -D-RocK-

-D-RocK-

knuckle draggin' canucklehead

• Members *
  • 9854 posts
  • Interests:Too numerous to list but here are some: Cycling, Girls, Hiking, Books, Food & Wine, Hockey, Football, Travel, Girls, Aviation, My Telescope, Skiing & Boarding, etc. etc. etc........

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

I'm going to try to make this one too.

#13 Kid_Gloves

Kid_Gloves

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6010 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Urban Exploration, Photography, Reading, Writing, Shopping, Travel, West Virginia, Having fun, being a badass

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

I will hopefully be there! common001.gif  

#14 Chelsey

Chelsey

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, Godeater.
I think driving to Toronto would make me want a stiff drink...

Anyhoo, I'll be at this concert if it means I have to take the same soul-sucking job I had last summer!

#15 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Kid_Gloves @ Jan 21 2008, 09:11 PM)
I will hopefully be there! common001.gif

bncegrn.gif

I can't wait to meet you finally KT!  biggrin.gif  We'll have to go Rush spotting  wink.gif  laugh.gif  

#16 EmotionDetector

EmotionDetector

Emotion-Guy

• Members *
  • 6086 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Chelsey @ Jan 19 2008, 03:53 PM)

Thank you!

Well, I can tell you that parking is definitely decent at the Amptheatre.

The Molson Amptheatre is actually located inside Ontario Place, which is like a mini amusement-type park.

Ontario Place is located on Lakeshore Blvd, and has lots of parking available. If you're on Lakeshore, you can't miss the parking lots, as they are right in front of the park.

When I go, I usually try to go early enough to ensure I get a decent parking spot, and I usually just spend the day at Ontario Place.

Plus, you can actually hear the soundcheck within the park perfectly (just look for the little hill that overlooks the inside of the Amptheatre)!

There is also a bar within Ontario Place that allows you direct access into the Amptheatre just before the show, which I don't think many people know about.

Looking forward to seeing you all at this show!!!  1022.gif  

#17 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

I may very well plan on seeing this show. RushCon should be that week and I'm wanting to attend this year.

#18 Show Don't Tell

Show Don't Tell

The Seeder

• Members *
  • 9209 posts
  • Interests:Music, Hockey, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science.

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:43 PM

Hurry up, pre-sale!!

#19 izzy

izzy

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Here, I'll make a list of things I like to do, and I don't do much:<br>-sleep<br>-music<br>-being under the influence<br>-'retro' video games (I have Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Atari 2600, Genesis, Game Gear, Game Boys...)<br>-look at old cars<br>-intercourse<br>-munchies<br><br>Wow... that was interesting... I hate these things.<br>

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:48 PM

I'm getting so anxious... it's taking forever for the tickets to go up!

#20 Arleen2112

Arleen2112

Puff Chick

• Members
  • 11706 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, photography

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:23 PM

Still no word yet about ticket sales b_sigh.gif

The boys like to leave us hanging right til the end  tongue.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users