2008 - 07/05 - Saratoga, NY - SPAC

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely will be at this show. It's in my neck of the woods, the venue is great AND it's a Saturday.

Thing is, the 4th is right before and usually I am out in the central part of the state for that time, hanging out on the lakes. So I might be driving back to 'Toga that Saturday, which means a meet-up before the show will be out of my plans, sorry to say.

I know last leg, some TRFers had questions about the venue, so feel free to ask me, here or PM. This will be my 4th time seeing Rush here, in addition to countless other concerts.

2.gif

The pit will be open for Rush, like last year (I assume).

PYX106 Wakin' up with the Wolf is giving away rows 5-1! I'm at work though, so chances of me calling in and taking part in some contest in unlikely sad.gif

::crosses fingers for presale::

Well, though I am in the front row for this show, I don't know what seat #s I have. I called the radio where I won the contest but they said they wouldn't know until they received them in June (so far away!!! fists crying.gif ). Anyhow, I'm worried I will get seats 1+2 or 41+42, which are on the far side of the stage. If I get Alex's side, that won't be a problem since he entertains the whole part of that stage and you can still see Neil. Ged's side, however, you've got his synths in the way, plus he's either at his mic in the front or there.

Time will tell, but I really hope this win pays off.

Right now I am bidding on Ebay for a single ticket to this show and I hope to catch up with anyone going either before or after the show - I am coming all the way from Australia and if I go to this show this will definately be my first ever 2.gif experience. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Feb 21 2008, 06:18 AM)
Right now I am bidding on Ebay for a single ticket to this show and I hope to catch up with anyone going either before or after the show - I am coming all the way from Australia and if I go to this show this will definately be my first ever 2.gif experience. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

wow, hope you get it! To come all this way and choose Saratoga...spend the weekend, you'll be happy you did biggrin.gif

Not sure where I will be before the show, but all us TRFers should all trade seat sections and at least say bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 26 2008, 07:45 AM)
Right now I am bidding on Ebay for a single ticket to this show and I hope to catch up with anyone going either before or after the show - I am coming all the way from Australia and if I go to this show this will definately be my first ever 2.gif experience. 2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

wow, hope you get it! To come all this way and choose Saratoga...spend the weekend, you'll be happy you did biggrin.gif

Not sure where I will be before the show, but all us TRFers should all trade seat sections and at least say bekloppt.gif

smile.gif I won it trink39.gif so it will be section 4 row A which I believe is the first row behind the front pit section. This will be great and anyone who would like to catch up before the show let me know. I am coming from NYC and staying the night in SARATOGA so if yo know of anywhere to stay that is reasonable and comfortable let me know please. I would love to meet up with you all as it will be really exciting for me. 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Feb 28 2008, 05:10 AM)
Right now I am bidding on Ebay for a single ticket to this show and I hope to catch up with anyone going either before or after the show - I am coming all the way from Australia and if I go to this show this will definately be my first ever 2.gif experience. 2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

smile.gif I won it trink39.gif so it will be section 4 row A which I believe is the first row behind the front pit section. This will be great and anyone who would like to catch up before the show let me know. I am coming from NYC and staying the night in SARATOGA so if yo know of anywhere to stay that is reasonable and comfortable let me know please. I would love to meet up with you all as it will be really exciting for me. 2.gif trink39.gif

ooh congrats! cheer.gif

Tons of places to stay in 'toga and thereabouts. Anything from a roadside motel to the Gideon Putnum, which is $$$$$$$, but right in the park too. Route 9 right off of I-87 has a variety of places.

Plus, it's not racing season so you should get a good rate. (Not sure if you're aware, but the Saratoga [horse]Race Track is right up there and in August, you can't hardly get into town because it's so busy).

Well, being from the Rochester Area, my choices for this tour were either Toronto (3 hours away) or Saratoga (4 hours away). Luckily I know a friend who has a place in Albany so i can spend the weekend there!

Besides, after dealing with all the border crossing stuff it may end up taking four hours wacko.gif

It should be fun - 4th of July, Rush Concert, then who knows what!

My first time at SPAC too so it should be fun. Saw them last year at Darien Lake and it was great. Hope SPAC is better!

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Mar 8 2008, 04:01 AM)
Well, being from the Rochester Area, my choices for this tour were either Toronto (3 hours away) or Saratoga (4 hours away). Luckily I know a friend who has a place in Albany so i can spend the weekend there!

Besides, after dealing with all the border crossing stuff it may end up taking four hours wacko.gif

My first time at SPAC too so it should be fun. Saw them last year at Darien Lake and it was great. Hope SPAC is better!

I saw both the SPAC and Darien Lake shows last year and SPAC was a lot better, but that's just my opinion. Could have been the weather and seats too.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 10 2008, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Mar 8 2008, 04:01 AM)
Well, being from the Rochester Area, my choices for this tour were either Toronto (3 hours away) or Saratoga (4 hours away).  Luckily I know a friend who has a place in Albany so i can spend the weekend there! 

My first time at SPAC too so it should be fun.  Saw them last year at Darien Lake and it was great. Hope SPAC is better!

I saw both the SPAC and Darien Lake shows last year and SPAC was a lot better, but that's just my opinion. Could have been the weather and seats too.

Yeah, the weather was pretty crappy at the 4th of July show last year, but it cleared up as the show went on. Then the fireworks in the middle of the show in the distance were a nice addition! I'm sure this will be just as awesome....too bad i have to wait all the way 'til July 5th....

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 4 2008, 08:16 AM)

ooh congrats! cheer.gif

Tons of places to stay in 'toga and thereabouts. Anything from a roadside motel to the Gideon Putnum, which is $$$$$$$, but right in the park too. Route 9 right off of I-87 has a variety of places.

Plus, it's not racing season so you should get a good rate. (Not sure if you're aware, but the Saratoga [horse]Race Track is right up there and in August, you can't hardly get into town because it's so busy).

Hey just wondering how easy or not it is to get to Albany AFTER the show because I am trying to get to Toronto by train and obviously the MAPLE LEAF train does not go through Saratoga so I will have to get to Albany either after the show or later on Sunday.

I'll be there again, of course.

Don't know yet if I'm "hosting" the show for PYX-106 like last year, but we'll see. I'll possibly be out front under a tent again, doing phone drops from the venue, giving away tickets, maybe meet them again, maybe do a stage announcement... or maybe I won't be representing the station like last time. But this IS a "PYX Presents..." show.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 17 2008, 05:44 AM)
I'll be there again, of course.

Don't know yet if I'm "hosting" the show for PYX-106 like last year, but we'll see. I'll possibly be out front under a tent again, doing phone drops from the venue, giving away tickets, maybe meet them again, maybe do a stage announcement... or maybe I won't be representing the station like last time. But this IS a "PYX Presents..." show.

Hey Mark I would love to meet you and even better would be to meet the boys laugh.gif see what you can do. I will certainly look out for you. Can you give me any advice re my post above getting to Albany etc as I am on route to Toronto by train and not sure whether to stay in 'Toga for the weekend or leave Sun afternoon. 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Mar 16 2008, 06:17 AM)

ooh congrats! cheer.gif

Hey just wondering how easy or not it is to get to Albany AFTER the show because I am trying to get to Toronto by train and obviously the MAPLE LEAF train does not go through Saratoga so I will have to get to Albany either after the show or later on Sunday.

Go directly south on I-87 from 'toga. Very simple, main interstate road (non-toll)

Are you taking the train out of Rensselear, NY?? Let me know and I can give you more specific directions.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 19 2008, 06:48 AM)

ooh congrats! cheer.gif

Go directly south on I-87 from 'toga. Very simple, main interstate road (non-toll)

Are you taking the train out of Rensselear, NY?? Let me know and I can give you more specific directions.

As I said I am catching the MAPLE LEAF train to Toronto but it does not stop at SARATOGA so I was wondering how easy it is to get to ALBANY after the RUSH show? I would have to get there to meet the train at 10am but am thinking it might be easier to go go ALBANY on sun afternoon and catch the train on Monday instead.

QUOTE (different strings @ Mar 19 2008, 06:51 AM)

ooh congrats! cheer.gif

As I said I am catching the MAPLE LEAF train to Toronto but it does not stop at SARATOGA so I was wondering how easy it is to get to ALBANY after the RUSH show? I would have to get there to meet the train at 10am but am thinking it might be easier to go go ALBANY on sun afternoon and catch the train on Monday instead.

Ok, well, I don't know what the Maple Leaf train is confused13.gif so I'm sorry if I couldn't help you there.

Again, if you want to go from Saratoga to Albany, it takes about 40 minutes at most. You go directly south on I-87 from Saratoga. Depending on where in Albany you want to go, from I-87 you can go on route I-90 EAST bound to I-787 south which will take you right into the heart of downtown. If you need to catch a train out of the main train station, that is located in Rensselaer, which is across the river from Albany (literally a minute from Albany). You can get there from I-787 and there is an exit for Rens. Rail Station. Unless there is some other train station I don't know about in Albany?? I'm pretty sure it would leave from there...

Hope this helps...if nothing else, use mapquest. Bottom line: it is easy to get from Saratoga to Albany and it's less than an hour to do so by car.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 19 2008, 11:44 PM)
QUOTE (different strings @ Mar 19 2008, 06:51 AM)

ooh congrats! cheer.gif

Ok, well, I don't know what the Maple Leaf train is confused13.gif so I'm sorry if I couldn't help you there.

Again, if you want to go from Saratoga to Albany, it takes about 40 minutes at most. You go directly south on I-87 from Saratoga. Depending on where in Albany you want to go, from I-87 you can go on route I-90 EAST bound to I-787 south which will take you right into the heart of downtown. If you need to catch a train out of the main train station, that is located in Rensselaer, which is across the river from Albany (literally a minute from Albany). You can get there from I-787 and there is an exit for Rens. Rail Station. Unless there is some other train station I don't know about in Albany?? I'm pretty sure it would leave from there...

Hope this helps...if nothing else, use mapquest. Bottom line: it is easy to get from Saratoga to Albany and it's less than an hour to do so by car.

smile.gif Sorry you are right it is the ALBANY/RENSSELAER station that I need I though that it was just ALBANY laugh.gif the MAPLE LEAF is the tru AMTRACK train that will get me to Toronto. I am NOT driving so will catch the regular AMTRACK train to ALBANY/RENSSELAER on Sun afternoon and stay Abany that night.Now I will stay in SARATOGA on the sat night after the show. This is because the TRU train leaves at 10am so I will get it on Monday morning. IS there a meetup for any TRFers? I would really like to meet you if at all possible after or before the show.You will prob be the first from TRF that I will be meeting smile.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Mar 21 2008, 01:18 AM)

smile.gif Sorry you are right it is the ALBANY/RENSSELAER station that I need I though that it was just ALBANY laugh.gif the MAPLE LEAF is the tru AMTRACK train that will get me to Toronto. I am NOT driving so will catch the regular AMTRACK train to ALBANY/RENSSELAER on Sun afternoon and stay Abany that night.Now I will stay in SARATOGA on the sat night after the show. This is because the TRU train leaves at 10am so I will get it on Monday morning. IS there a meetup for any TRFers? I would really like to meet you if at all possible after or before the show.You will prob be the first from TRF that I will be meeting smile.gif

More than likely I will be hanging out in the park most of the day. It's usually what I do, meet some other 2.gif freaks like me. If GeddyRulz is up there with his radio station, we can say hi as well smile.gif

Tailgating is a no-no in one of the parking lots, the one off route 50 (you get there by going through the park). Parking lots IN the park however seem better for hanging out and chilling, and there's a gate into the venue there as well. When the time gets closer to the show, we can really talk out some details, directions through PMs, etc. 1022.gif

I also have two people I work with going to the show, they're pretty awesome. I haven't converted them into TRFers...yet wink.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 22 2008, 12:07 AM)

More than likely I will be hanging out in the park most of the day. It's usually what I do, meet some other 2.gif freaks like me. If GeddyRulz is up there with his radio station, we can say hi as well smile.gif

Tailgating is a no-no in one of the parking lots, the one off route 50 (you get there by going through the park). Parking lots IN the park however seem better for hanging out and chilling, and there's a gate into the venue there as well. When the time gets closer to the show, we can really talk out some details, directions through PMs, etc. 1022.gif

I also have two people I work with going to the show, they're pretty awesome. I haven't converted them into TRFers...yet wink.gif

smile.gif That sounds great and I am really looking forward to my first 2.gif show. Oh Btw did you find out EXACTLY where in that front row you will be??? trink39.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Mar 22 2008, 03:51 AM)

smile.gif That sounds great and I am really looking forward to my first 2.gif show. Oh Btw did you find out EXACTLY where in that front row you will be??? trink39.gif

Not yet. I get the tix in June from the station, so I won't know til then comp26.gif

I looked at the front rows of other venues and really, even if I'm in the corner at SPAC, I'll still have better front row seats than other venues' corners. I'm pretty excited! Think I've said to you before, your seat is awesome. I was directly two rows behind your ticket, same aisle side. It's closer than you think yes.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 23 2008, 05:31 AM)
QUOTE (different strings @ Mar 22 2008, 03:51 AM)

Not yet. I get the tix in June from the station, so I won't know til then comp26.gif

I looked at the front rows of other venues and really, even if I'm in the corner at SPAC, I'll still have better front row seats than other venues' corners. I'm pretty excited! Think I've said to you before, your seat is awesome. I was directly two rows behind your ticket, same aisle side. It's closer than you think yes.gif

smile.gif That's good to hear and I should actually get it in the mail sometime next week. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Archived