2008 - 07/05 - Saratoga, NY - SPAC

Hey guys, was just wondering... do you know a real nice motorhome campground either on or close to the facility? My wife,kids and I are doing a 2-3 week tour, We're from St. Catharines Ontario area and the weekend B4 we're heading to the NHRA Summit Nationals in Norwalk Ohio then meander to the east coast with a stop along the way 653.gif to see the guys in Saratoga. We know that looking on the net we can find places but we're thinking that peeps from or know the area would know of the prime spots.

thanx

mike

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (toyzshopmike @ Apr 5 2008, 09:48 AM)
Hey guys, was just wondering... do you know a real nice motorhome campground either on or close to the facility? My wife,kids and I are doing a 2-3 week tour, We're from St. Catharines Ontario area and the weekend B4 we're heading to the NHRA Summit Nationals in Norwalk Ohio then meander to the east coast with a stop along the way 653.gif to see the guys in Saratoga. We know that looking on the net we can find places but we're thinking that peeps from or know the area would know of the prime spots.
thanx
mike

I don't do motorhomming/camping much and I'm not sure Saratoga has anything, but just up north (maybe 15-20 minutes) is Lake George which is full of camping and RV places. It's a pretty big tourist area so I would try to book early for a spot. The lake is right there too and the 4th weekend will be busy, guranteed. Again, I don't know specific places but just Google Lake George, NY and I'm sure you'll come up with some spots. To get to the venue, drive south on either Route 9 or I-87 to Saratoga.

You could check into SPAC grounds, you might be able to stay there, but as I said, I don't do RVing or anything so I have no clue.

For the sites around ALbany.....

1.Victory Grove Camp 32 Cadillac Avenue in Albany 518.456.4110

2. Mickara Campgrounds 29 Oxford Circle Troy 518.271.7678

3. Sacandaga Campgrounds 26 Sicker Road Latham 518.783.1045

4. Lake Lauderdale Campground 744 County Road 61 Cambridge, New York 518.677.8855

5. Coldbrook RV Resort 385 Gurn Springs Road Gansevoort, New York 12831 581.584.8038 www.coldbrookrvresort.com

Log on to www.saratoga.com for further info on other campgrounds as well

Thanx 4 the info again peeps applaudit.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif We chose to go with www.coldbrookrvresort.com Looks like an awesome spot with only a 20 minute drive to the 2.gif show! 653.gif 653.gif

Now a question in regards to seating... We got 4 seats together in section 2 row P seats 11-14, now I know that's 16 rows back and plus the 6 rows in the pit puts us at 22 row back... for anyone that knows the venue the 11-14 seats are these closer to the center or off to the side?

Thanx

Mike

QUOTE (toyzshopmike @ Apr 13 2008, 09:15 AM)
Thanx 4 the info again peeps applaudit.gif trink39.gif applaudit.gif We chose to go with www.coldbrookrvresort.com Looks like an awesome spot with only a 20 minute drive to the 2.gif show! 653.gif 653.gif
Now a question in regards to seating... We got 4 seats together in section 2 row P seats 11-14, now I know that's 16 rows back and plus the 6 rows in the pit puts us at 22 row back... for anyone that knows the venue the 11-14 seats are these closer to the center or off to the side?
Thanx
Mike

Well, I don't know what to tell you because I had Sec. 3 for R30, row X seat 125 wacko.gif They did revamp the venue so maybe they changed the seating numbers around. I will guess these may be more off to the side, but either way, you're in a center section of the venue and you will have an awesome view. Don't let the number of rows back scare you because you'll feel closer than that. yes.gif Those sections 2 and 3 are near the soundboard so it should sound pretty good.

Glad you found a place to stay trink39.gif

cool thanx for the info... Normally my wife and I are always within the first 5 rows for any show (rush is pretty well all we go to) and this time we had to get 4 seats (2 for the kids) instead of the norm of 2 so I guess we didn't do too bad for pulling out 4 wacko.gif wacko.gif I doubt that Geddy will be able score me a Henhouse shirt this time confused13.gif. We normally see them in TO but we're going to be on the road and heading to the coast so this is along the way 4 us and after seeing the crappy seats available 4 the TO show everything seemed to work out great 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

Alright, yes it's not that close to the show, but Different Strings has got me really excited about a meet-up with fellow TRFers. I personally like to hang out at the park all day, hear the soundcheck, even watch where our boys enter the arena at the gates, etc. I also like not parking in East Bumf*ck at the last minute laugh.gif When time gets closer, I can let you know where I'll be. I just printed out a map today and made some marks on it, pointed out some things. I can scan it at home tonight and *hopefully* post the picture. I can give you directions for better parking, how to get into the park and venue itself through the park. It's really easy smile.gif

I found some crappy map through Google maps, but printed it out, wrote on it, etc. For those who need directions or want to do a meetup in the park, here's what I'm thinking:

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/iluvgeddy/spacmap.jpg

On this map, I've written where the Avenue of the Pines is. You take this to get into the park from Route 9 and get to the venue. From there, you could continue on to route 50, take a left and go about 2/10 of a mile to the parking lots there. The thing is, they get cranky about you hanging out there. The main gate for SPAC is there BUT there is another entrance gate into the ampitheater grounds. Refer to the map where it says "Car Museum" and "More Parking". You will see this area as you go through the Avenue of the Pines. You take a left onto one of the roads there and you will see more parking. There are nice grounds there, some buildings and such and SPAC is behind that. I hung out there last year, near the gates and saw the boys go into the venue in the early afternoon. What was better was there wasn't anyone bothering me hanging out since there were people picnicing around there who obviously were not going to the show. There was also a small wedding in one of the buildings there laugh.gif Behind the car museum (I'm pretty sure it's that, if not for cars, it's a small museum or something, nontheless) was where the tour buses and trucks parked too.

I am really hoping the same holds out this year, being able to park there. I mean, we should be able to because it's parking for the entire part of that park and not necessarily for the ampitheater. I parked around there for another show that summer too and it was fine; people were tailgating at that one as well. Again, I got there pretty early so I was alright.

SO if this works out, we should have a meet-up around here, yes? If GeddyRulz is working for his radio station, we can walk over to say hi (he'll be in the route 50 parking lot by the main entrance, presumably).

Hope this map helps if anyone felt lost...

Thanks for the map ILUVGEDDY05 and it will be great to meet up with you before the show and as many Trfers as we can muster. I am coming from NYC on the morning of the show and will get to Saratoga train station around 11 AM. I think that check in to my hotel is 1pm so will do that and rest for an hour or so then head on down say around 3 pm. I think I can walk it says around half mile or I might catch a cab. I cant wait. 2.gif trink39.gif

Ugh... why is this show taking so long to get here....

Thanks for the map ilovegeddy05

I've never been out that way before, its gonna be awesome.

4th of July Fireworks then Rush the next day!!!!

IF I can make this tour, SPAC is the venue I'll be going to.

I really hope I can make it.

It's getting really exciting isn't it? smile.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 3 2008, 12:44 AM)
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/iluvgeddy/33.jpg

1022.gif

smile.gif Wow just over a month now 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

smile.gif Jill the official SPAC countdowner. yes.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Jun 4 2008, 06:16 AM)
smile.gif Jill the official SPAC countdowner. yes.gif rose.gif

1022.gif You bet! 1022.gif

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/iluvgeddy/31.jpg

bncegrn.gif

Archived