2008 - 06/27 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

I LOVE summerfest, and just sent out an email to all my friends/family about making a weekend out of this Rush show.

Who knows this area well?

What hotels are within walking distance/ SHORT cab ride?

My wife/kids will be along for all the other stuff going on so we'll need to be kinda close.

Thanks.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif Just found out they are playing not only Milwaukee, but at Summerfest. Holy Crap!!!! Talk about a perfect weekend. We've been trying to get to Summerfest for a couple of years but haven't done it even though we only live 60 miles north of Milwaukee.. Any traveling Rush fans should try to make this show. Summerfest is an absolute blast with any kind of music you want to hear and your Rush ticket includes entrance into the festival that day. Come early and stay late!!! Can't wait for the pre-sale! Just might have to bring my 10 year old son. He's been wanting to see Rush for a couple of years. Time to break him in.

As far as hotels, there is plenty of them right downtown in Milwaukee which is a nice walk to and from the festival grounds. See ya all in Milwaukee!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jan 18 2008, 05:25 PM)
I LOVE summerfest, and just sent out an email to all my friends/family about making a weekend out of this Rush show.

Who knows this area well?

What hotels are within walking distance/ SHORT cab ride?

My wife/kids will be along for all the other stuff going on so we'll need to be kinda close.

Thanks.

bncegrn.gif

This venue is right downtown on the lake, with many hotels around. I'd make reservations now. The hotels tend to fill up, but many are close.

I live like 20 minutes away, so this is so cool!

I've been there a bunch, but never stayed over night so have no clue re: hotels/ proximity.

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jan 18 2008, 07:02 PM)
I've been there a bunch, but never stayed over night so have no clue re: hotels/ proximity.

I'll take a look in the phone book. There's a bunch of good ones down there, and they aren't like Super 8 or Motel 6 or like that.

that'd be very nice, as I have no clue where to start.

Anyone of them I call is gonna "sell" how great their place is.

We don't want a dive, but we don't need a palace either. Just clean and local.

If you could just point me towards a few that'd be great!

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jan 18 2008, 08:34 PM)

The Hilton and Hyatt downtown are both large properties with lots of rooms and are short cab rides for the festival grounds. Not sure how much their rates will be for the fest, possibly a bit inflated. They're normally in the $100-range and are very nice, but not "palaces." That would be the Pfister Hotel if you're looking to spend a few bucks and class it up. I like tripadvisor.com for online reviews and deals, etc.

The Summerfest show is going to be smokin', blee-dat.

2.gif

QUOTE (New World Manny @ Jan 18 2008, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jan 18 2008, 08:34 PM)

The Hilton and Hyatt downtown are both large properties with lots of rooms and are short cab rides for the festival grounds. Not sure how much their rates will be for the fest, possibly a bit inflated. They're normally in the $100-range and are very nice, but not "palaces." That would be the Pfister Hotel if you're looking to spend a few bucks and class it up. I like tripadvisor.com for online reviews and deals, etc.

The Summerfest show is going to be smokin', blee-dat.

2.gif

I agree, those are probably your two best bets.

QUOTE (chicagorush @ Jan 18 2008, 10:14 PM)
depends on how much you want to spend...

try the Pfister if you got a lot of cash or the hotel metro..

or there are cheeper hotels in milwaukee as well..

good luck..

There are cheaper hotels by the airport. I wouldn't go any cheaper than these two or three. There are some that are nice hotels with seedy parking garages(Holiday Inn Express), so watch the rating closely.

I would love to make this one. Summerfest is awesome. I have visited the Milwaukee area nearly every summer in my lifetime, as my grandparents are there. What a great place. One of my former bosses once said that Milwaukee is the Midwest's best kept secret, and that's no lie.

I have stayed at the Hyatt and the Pfister downtown. Both are solid, though the Pfister is certainly more upscale than the Hyatt.

Brewers are on the road that weekend, unfortunately...

I'll throw out other ideas for what to do in Milwaukee during that weekend as the date gets closer. I sure hope I can get up there for this.

Milwaukee is a GREAT city.

My buddy used to coach the Mustangs (?) arena football team, so I used to hang out there when I was single.

Been to many summerfests. Back when I was close to the band Kings X they played there in really BAD (tornado) weather one year!

anyways...

thanks for the suggestions, and would love to meet some of you this summer.

What I find interesting is how they are NOT listed playing the Marcus Amphitheater, which is where the headliner of the night at Summerfest plays.

If they're not doing the Marcus and one of the FREE stages, you can bet I'll be there. If it's at the Marcus and I'll have to pay, it's questionable. I'm already set to go with Chicago...

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Jan 20 2008, 08:10 PM)
What I find interesting is how they are NOT listed playing the Marcus Amphitheater, which is where the headliner of the night at Summerfest plays.

If they're not doing the Marcus and one of the FREE stages, you can bet I'll be there. If it's at the Marcus and I'll have to pay, it's questionable. I'm already set to go with Chicago...

The newspaper and t.v. announcements here in Milwaukee said that it would be the Marcus. There will be limited "free" lawn seating the day of the concert. "Free" is in quotes because it will cost at least 10 bucks to get in to Summerfest, unless they have a discount deal that day. By the way, in case anyone is not aware, your ticket to the concert also includes entrance to Summerfest.

QUOTE (skeltor @ Jan 26 2008, 09:05 AM)
Is there a pre-sale for Milwaukee? I do not see any.

I haven't heard of any yet. The tickets go on regular sale on Saturday(2-2) so I suppose we'll get a presale sometime this week after the first round ends. Watch Rush.com, and the hog, and the brew, (they also announced it).

QUOTE (limbo @ Jan 26 2008, 11:24 PM)
i would love to go to this show but this is the date that i am taking my mn peace officers certification exam

good luck on that.

I'll think of you whenever I see security that night! laugh.gif

Archived