2008 - 06/27 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Nettie - 4 days!! is the meet up decided yet? wasn't sure where you were referring to with the 'chicago/milwaukee thread'

thanks!

2.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (shiftinganddrifting @ Jun 23 2008, 05:32 PM)
Hi Nettie - 4 days!! is the meet up decided yet? wasn't sure where you were referring to with the 'chicago/milwaukee thread'
thanks!

2.gif  biggrin.gif  trink39.gif

well there were a couple of them going there, right now it's the Milwaukee-2 shows thread.

Tour banner hmm, parking lot H, just outside of the South gate? Call Summerfest and see what they think. Tell them what a big deal this is, if you haven't already. Maybe you could pretend it's a blanket so you can sit on the lawn...

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jun 23 2008, 08:48 PM)
QUOTE (shiftinganddrifting @ Jun 23 2008, 05:32 PM)
thanks!

2.gif  biggrin.gif  trink39.gif

well there were a couple of them going there, right now it's the Milwaukee-2 shows thread.

Tour banner hmm, parking lot H, just outside of the South gate? Call Summerfest and see what they think. Tell them what a big deal this is, if you haven't already. Maybe you could pretend it's a blanket so you can sit on the lawn...

Or, you could send it to the guys to autograph and have them give it to you at the show( that would be excellent , hey?)

o.k, I'll post this too, although I p.m.'d chrxtoper:

Whoever has the banner, call the Hog or The Brew and see if they will get it in for us and let us meet by their station's area to sign it.

It's always better to have someone official doing stuff, and it's free publicity for the station, which they will take any time.

I've called both stations. Nothing. Left messages, no call back.

At this point I'm planning on bringing the banner to the Ale House:

Milwaukee Ale House

Anybody wanting to find me, should call me: 773.425.1702

Or, call me if you've got some primo spot to meet.

I'd really like to see Animation at 5:30, though since they were no help whatsoever with the banner, I'm not so enthused.

QUOTE (chrxtopher @ Jun 24 2008, 11:04 PM)
I've called both stations. Nothing. Left messages, no call back.

At this point I'm planning on bringing the banner to the Ale House:
Milwaukee Ale House

Anybody wanting to find me, should call me: 773.425.1702

Or, call me if you've got some primo spot to meet.

I'd really like to see Animation at 5:30, though since they were no help whatsoever with the banner, I'm not so enthused.

sorry to hear that. I wish that I had thought of this earlier.

I'm going straight into Summerfest early in the afternoon, so I won't be able to meet at the Ale House.

me too, can't swing the ale house when there is summerfest to get to... too many parking hassles.

2 days. tongue.gif

have we decided, does it sound like people might meet at the animation show?

on other sites (vacation forums) they had other ways to identify the group, such as wristbands, shirts etc.

any ideas? i'd really like a meet up....

QUOTE (shiftinganddrifting @ Jun 25 2008, 08:45 PM)
me too, can't swing the ale house when there is summerfest to get to... too many parking hassles.
2 days. tongue.gif
have we decided, does it sound like people might meet at the animation show?
on other sites (vacation forums) they had other ways to identify the group, such as wristbands, shirts etc.
any ideas? i'd really like a meet up....

I would suggest that if we're going to the Animation show, as a lot of people are, that we meet at the beer stand at the back of the stage area, maybe around 5?

Any other ideas?

Beer Stand? What a perfect place!!! I plan on getting there around 4. I'll try to snag a table or 2 near there if possible. For what its worth, I'll be in an orange shirt, tan shorts. No Rush Shirt until I get inside...I'll also be the guy with a beer in his hand!!!! 30 hours and counting...

A little correction, the beer stand I'm thinking of is in the back of the seating area near the lake. There should be other beverages available nearby for those of you who don't drink or have kids along.

I have an extra ticket for sale if anyone is interested.

section 17 row A seat 17

I would like to sell it to a member here so I know a true fan gets it.

I will charge no more than face value($40)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/sevenem/100_0002-6.jpg

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

should we have just a simple piece of paper (sign - TRF) on the table to flag us down - like a limo driver tongue.gif

QUOTE (shiftinganddrifting @ Jun 27 2008, 06:41 AM)
should we have just a simple piece of paper (sign - TRF) on the table to flag us down - like a limo driver tongue.gif

I don't know if they will let us hang one. They wouldn't let us bring the Tour Forum banner in. So maybe you could be in charge of holding one up!

Archived