2008 - 06/27 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

what was the name of that brewery a few blocks away from the venue.. there was a meet up there last year.. the bar was right on a river?? that had some good beer and there was lots of people meeting up there..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ Mar 15 2008, 08:29 AM)
what was the name of that brewery a few blocks away from the venue.. there was a meet up there last year.. the bar was right on a river?? that had some good beer and there was lots of people meeting up there..

Rockbottom brewery?

or is it the one near the parking lot( which I can't for the life of me think of right now)

We're starting to hone in on a meeting time, around 5:00(or a little after), and it will be on the Summerfest grounds, at the south end.

anybody have any preferences? I was thinking that somewhere near the information booth would be good.

I'll be there. Looks my 10yr old son will be going along with me to see the boys. The wife wants to go to Summerfest the following week so I needed to find a replacement for her. Regardless, we will be at the meet up...Just let me know when and where.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 17 2008, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ Mar 15 2008, 08:29 AM)
what was the name of that brewery  a few blocks away from the venue..  there was a meet up there last year.. the bar was right on a river??  that had some good beer and there was lots of people meeting up there..

Rockbottom brewery?

or is it the one near the parking lot( which I can't for the life of me think of right now)

rock bottom.. that's it.. that place had good food and a nice Pale Ale,... i cant wait for summer!

Hey all!

I'm still looking for 2 tickets to this show for me and my 13 y.o.

My family (wife, 4.5 daughter and son) are going up and making a day out of it.

I just saw a post on here that Animation Rush tribute is "opening" for Rush. They are playing a near by stage before the real deal.

They are worth seeing, so this looks to be a great day....

IF I GET 2 TICKETS!

Thanks.

Also, yesterday at the STP concert a guy said the lawn sucks and that if were gonna get cheap seats to get bleachers.

Anyone know what he means?

I'm not gonn aspend alot on this one, i'm seeing them in chicago as well.

QUOTE (third hand grace @ May 24 2008, 07:58 AM)
Thanks.
Also, yesterday at the STP concert a guy said the lawn sucks and that if were gonna get cheap seats to get bleachers.
Anyone know what he means?

I'm not gonn aspend alot on this one, i'm seeing them in chicago as well.

The lawn does suck, especially if it rains like it did in September. At least you aren't sitting in the mud if you are in the bleachers. You can see the stage from the lawn, but the sound is muddy. I had a bleacher seat for VT. The sound was pretty good there, if you don't mind sitting buttcheek to buttcheek until the concert starts.

Well, at this point I'm thinking about doing a walk up RIGHT BEFORE it starts. I've never done that for rush before, but I'm not gonna spend scalper $ on a second show. I have 13th row Ged side in chicago, and had 8th row last time in chicago.

If anyone hears about 2 face value tickets please let me know.

Thanks!!

Good luck on that!

Meet up: by the information booth just inside the grounds at the South End at 5:15(or around that). There'll be time enough to have a drink and maybe a bite to eat before the show, and plenty of places at Summerfest to get food and drink. One word of caution, I don't know if they'll allow the Tour Forum banner inside the grounds, so whoever is bringing it should check ahead of time smile.gif .

Forgive me for being presumptuous, but this just seems too perfect.

How about we have a pre-show party at the M&I Classic Rock Stage where Animation, a well-known Rush tribute band will be playing at 5:30?

The M&I Classic Rock Stage is located just outside the Marcus Amphitheater, near the Geddy side corner of the lawn (think left field corner). It's right on the lake. There will be beer, Rush music (played LIVE!), and it's very convenient to the venue.

For more info:

http://www.summerfest.com/flash/#

for a map of the festival:

http://www.summerfest.com/pdf/GroundsMap.pdf

Prior to Animation will be a flutist playing at 3pm (Tull covers?) and should end by 4.

QUOTE (chrxtopher @ Jun 11 2008, 11:04 AM)
Forgive me for being presumptuous, but this just seems too perfect.

How about we have a pre-show party at the M&I Classic Rock Stage where Animation, a well-known Rush tribute band will be playing at 5:30?

The M&I Classic Rock Stage is located just outside the Marcus Amphitheater, near the Geddy side corner of the lawn (think left field corner). It's right on the lake. There will be beer, Rush music (played LIVE!), and it's very convenient to the venue.

For more info:
http://www.summerfest.com/flash/#
for a map of the festival:
http://www.summerfest.com/pdf/GroundsMap.pdf

Prior to Animation will be a flutist playing at 3pm (Tull covers?) and should end by 4.

I suppose we could do that, but how would we find each other?

The banner is the key. If we could get that in, it would be easy to spot.

Here's an idea - we contact Animation, see if they could bring it in with their equipment. It's a win-win because they'll have a bunch more Rush fans coming to see their show.

QUOTE (chrxtopher @ Jun 12 2008, 06:40 AM)
The banner is the key. If we could get that in, it would be easy to spot.

Here's an idea - we contact Animation, see if they could bring it in with their equipment. It's a win-win because they'll have a bunch more Rush fans coming to see their show.

are you going to do that?

That would be great.

I would rather meet at the HUGE guitar by the Marcus for several reasons.

One: the M&I Rock Stage is going to be crowded with people and not a really good place to meet. With all of the new buildings in the area that were constructed this year for the fest, its going to be damn confusing.

(Yes, I know, there are maps...)

I don't think we can smuggle a banner into the Marcus. They have been pretty picky about what goes on there in the past. I would check and see

with the festival management and see what their policy is just to make sure that whoever brings it in doesn't get turned back that evening and would have to miss the show.

Hate being the pessimist but...ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!

-Shrimpy

2.gif

QUOTE (ShirmpCot_1 @ Jun 18 2008, 01:34 PM)
I would rather meet at the HUGE guitar by the Marcus for several reasons.

One:  the M&I Rock Stage is going to be crowded with people and not a really good place to meet.  With all of the new buildings in the area that were constructed this year for the fest, its going to be damn confusing. 
(Yes, I know, there are maps...)

I don't think we can smuggle a banner into the Marcus.  They have been pretty picky about what goes on there in the past.  I would check and see
with the festival management and see what their policy is just to make sure that whoever brings it in doesn't get turned back that evening and would have to miss the show.

Hate being the pessimist but...ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!

-Shrimpy

2.gif

somebody on this forum(sorry, I forget who)

is friends with Animation. They might be able to get the banner in.

That's a worry for the tour forum though.

edited to add, I just checked the tour forum and they plan to have the banner by the stage someplace, so look for it. Anyone from the tour forum who has more details please let us know!

Archived