2008 - 06/27 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

I got my tickets!!! bncegrn.gif section 3, row CC.

At least it's on Alex's side. I was afraid that I wouldn't even get in that section, because I had to wait until after work to order them.

Did anyone else do the presale thing today?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Section 3 row CC would not be bad as long as you have a low seat number. The lower numbers are closer to the center, and judging from the map of this place, it appears fairly wide, and I have learned over 24 years that you want to be close to the center at a Rush show.

Ticketmaster ! What A Joke !

These so called pre-sales are terrible.

My new Ticketmaster is now E-Bay or scalpers on the net because it seems that they have the best seats anyway even before all the pre-sales go off.

What the hell ?

Get this: I had 3 Internet screens going. After 20 minutes of getting nothing but section 15, 17.... or the very end in the yellow sections; I get shut out within 20 minutes by Ticketmaster on both PC's.

Well, 20 minutes later after the same old crap on the 3rd PC I get shut out. So 40 minutes and absolutely ZERO tickets available in the Red section 1,2 or 3.

How is this possible ?

Oh well. Better anyway I spend George Bush Tax rebate on those business scalpers who already have the great seats and lots of them actually. Hmm, they're pretty good at this Ticketmaster thing - I guess !

Good luck all.

I know there may be like 3 or 4 who actually get lucky.

I just got sec 3 row DD on the ticketbastard website but I also went and purchased a "back-up" ticket before hand just in case(sec 17 row A).

See you all there!! cool10.gif trink38.gif icon_alienjig.gif

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

I had two computers and 2 phones going right at 10am. I played around for about 40 minutes was only getting sections 4,5,7 & 8 for the longest time. Ended up getting Sec 6 row L seat 3 & 4. Not bad. I did pull up sec 1 row aa with low seat numbers earlier but I'd rather be further back in the middle than way back in Sec 1 on the outside. I just tried again and pulled up section 7 row r middle seats so you just have to keep plugging away...

QUOTE (toonz @ Feb 2 2008, 03:59 PM)
I had two computers and 2 phones going right at 10am. I played around for about 40 minutes was only getting sections 4,5,7 & 8 for the longest time. Ended up getting Sec 6 row L seat 3 & 4. Not bad. I did pull up sec 1 row aa with low seat numbers earlier but I'd rather be further back in the middle than way back in Sec 1 on the outside. I just tried again and pulled up section 7 row r middle seats so you just have to keep plugging away...

That's around where I was for the September show. I had section 6, row K. It's pretty good!

Darkcyde, which end of the row are you on?I'm towards the outside aisle.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Feb 2 2008, 11:39 PM)
That's around where I was for the September show.  I had section 6, row K. It's pretty good!

Darkcyde, which end of the row are you on?I'm towards the outside aisle.

Looks like I'll be right behind you 'cause I'm in seat 37. Kinda close to the isle I imagine but I'm not complaining. When I saw them last summer, I was in section 14 so I'm stoked!

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Feb 8 2008, 11:16 PM)
Anybody want to start planning a place at Summerfest to Meet?
I'm thinking the South end of the grouds, near the Marcus, with enough time to eat ,buy t-shirts, and talk before we go in.

Sounds good to me. I'll have three of my buddies with me but we're all sitting in completely different sections.

Did the rush presale thing right away and got 1 ticket section 3 row AA in the middle then went back in and got two seats section 7 row c next to aisle... low numbers so I took those too.

Anyone want the section 3 ticket let me know and i'll sell it for what I paid for it $91.

cool10.gif

QUOTE (brewster @ Feb 11 2008, 12:15 AM)
If you want to stay at a safe, clean, hotel with a great irish pub that's close enough to walk to Summerfest (less than1/4 mile) try County Clare Inn on N. Astor St.

http://www.countyclare-inn.com/

Great food too.... call early to reserve because there aren't many rooms at the Inn. Good luck! trink39.gif

you have to try the chocolate cake, even if you don't stay there.

Archived