2008 - 06/10 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena

krlowe

QUOTE (chaotica @ Jun 10 2008, 09:08 AM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 10 2008, 09:28 AM)
Yesterday was a god awful nightmare:
1) Lost my expensive-ass phone and my buddy is driving in from pittsburgh today. I don't know his number by memory, of course.
2) Freight elevators were down until 9pm. My bed is still in pieces in my hallway.
3) I got sunburned
4) I'm hungover. Bad.
5) I don't know where my sheets and comforter are, so my custom ordered bed from California is going to be equipped with a Coleman sleeping bag on top of the bare mattress tonight.
6) I got in my car this morning to find an open Jim Beam bottle in the drink holder. Nice...  wacko.gif
7) Rush is in town later and we're going to eat like Kings. Yahoo!!!
1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

hug2.gif

It'll be nice to finally meet you TMD!!

If you need any help while I'm there today I will offer any assistance I can for you!

See ya in few hours bekloppt.gif

You are so Kind! Thanks so much. I don't know what I would need help with. You and Jen are such good ppl. Can't wait to meet you and see her again!! It's been 3 years since Rushcon 5. I think you're the only Windsorians I know besides a co-worker who lives there. My place is in a state of disarray right and mostly empty now, but I've got cups, ice, pop, spring water (sorry, forgot to put it in the fridge last night) and a couple 400ml Jim Beam bottles. We can argue about where to eat during the meet. If people aint hip to Greek dining I highly recommend Pizza Papalis. oh well, we can fight about it later on. wink.gif

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

C U soon! Very Soon!!!

trink38.gif

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOT NEW SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F1

ROW 4

SEATS 13-14(AISLE SEATS)

From TM moments ago!!! I had been trying every 10 minutes from 9 am and got some awesome ones at 12:11 pm!!! WOO HOO!

WOO HOO!!!!! I will still try t the box office for the front row...but this is a blessing!!

If I get the front row from box office I will sell these at face to a fan(probably less)

Watch for me-SIGNALS T-SHIRT-GRAY HAIR OR RED STANLEY CUP HAT(NAME IS KENNY)

It would be nice to meet everyone!

QUOTE (krlowe @ Jun 10 2008, 11:19 AM)
GOT NEW SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F1
ROW 4
SEATS 13-14(AISLE SEATS)

From TM moments ago

WOO HOO!!!!! I will still try t the box office for the front row...but this is a blessing!!

If I get the front row from box office I will sell these at face to a fan(probably less)

Watch for me-SIGNALS T-SHIRT-GRAY HAIR OR RED STANLEY CUP HAT(NAME IS KENNY)

It would be nice to meet everyone!

Awesome! Hey Kenny, my name's Kenny too. Look for a 5'9" 100 lb 40yo dude with a 2112 shirt (no silkscreening on back) and I'm wearing this crazy green & yellowish headband thing my mom got me from her trip to Ireland. It says "Donegal" on it. I sorta doubt anyone else will be wearing one so I thought it would be perfect! wink.gif

I'm soooo ready for this show! I wish I was home today so I could watch for Neil rolling in on his BMW on the streets of D-Town with my binoculars!!

I wonder where they will party tonight? Skip Gildersleeve (Ged's tech) lives right down the road from where I work. The limo has been spotted pulling up to Skip's place a few times over the years... 1287.gif

I don't think any of ya'll will have a problem picking me out in a crowd... not with my mug plastered all over this board! laugh.gif

I will be wearing my NEW blue TRF t-shirt!!! bncegrn.gif

see you cats in a few hours!!!!!!!

common001.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jun 10 2008, 08:49 AM)
I don't think any of ya'll will have a problem picking me out in a crowd... not with my mug plastered all over this board! laugh.gif

I will be wearing my NEW blue TRF t-shirt!!!  bncegrn.gif

common001.gif

laugh.gif Have a great time ladi!! biggrin.gif 2.gif 1022.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

My name is Brian and I'll be wearing a red Rush Armor and Sword t-shirt from when I saw them at DTE last summer, along with black jeans.

We'll be heading out as soon as my gf, Aleta, is ready to go. We have to make a couple of stops before we head over, but we should be there right around 4:30 or so.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jun 10 2008, 11:49 AM)

I will be wearing my NEW blue TRF t-shirt!!! bncegrn.gif

common001.gif

YAY I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN AMANDA!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This was a great show all the way around. My only regrets are that I could not afford better seats, and that I didn't bring a second pair of batteries for my camera!! doh.gif

I want to thank TMD for opening up his place to get together, as well as everyone who showed up and I got a chance to meet. Cool ones, all of you.

A good night, good people, good food, good music. What could be better?

Best Show EVER!

Those seats were amazing. Thanks for the trade lrf.

I was amazed to see all the backstage activities, and chat up security.

RushGirl, thank you for the first pick, that made my night, but since Michael gave me another one, I passed that one along to krlowe since it was his 21st birthday. (pay it forward eh!)

I managed to get 2 more picks, one from the other man in the praetorian shirt, and another from the pyrotech's wife (mom of the almost 2 year old that basted the chickens in the first set)

So in all, I had 4 picks and gave 2 of them away (chaotica got the other) but I have a red one and a yellow one to go with the ticket stub.

I can't imagine anything else would compare to that show! no.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 11 2008, 07:27 AM)
Best Show EVER!

RushGirl, thank you for the first pick, that made my night, but since Michael gave me another one, I passed that one along to krlowe since it was his 21st birthday. (pay it forward eh!)

I managed to get 2 more picks, one from the other man in the praetorian shirt, and another from the pyrotech's wife (mom of the almost 2 year old that basted the chickens in the first set)

So in all, I had 4 picks and gave 2 of them away (chaotica got the other) but I have a red one and a yellow one to go with the ticket stub.

Thank you so much Sunny!!! you rock!!!

1022.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif 1022.gif

Best Show EVER!

Sayin' ?

I could not think of 2 more deserving people than you & digi to give those tickets to.

Hanging with RUSHGIRL was for me... the ULTIMATE RUSH experience.

Thank you so much Bev for the opportunity to grab that ticket wub.gif It was by far, my most memorable 2.gif show ever.

Digi got sticks... TRF REPRESENT yes.gif

and I got Pics!!! (cuz I'm coy.gif like that wink.gif )

Got to meet Michael, but he wouldn't let me get a picture with him angry.gif

That's OK, i got a pic of him anyway biggrin.gif

(btw Jen, that was Michael in the Praetorian shirt)

Also a BIG thanks to Ken aka the masked drummer for hosting the pre show & post show party!!! Jammin' crib you got there man!!! a pleasure to meet you, finally.

I was so happy to see Ya Ya and Mark & family again! and it was so great to meet Geddy's Mullet, and Renclaw, his girlfriend, Bill, krlowe 1022.gif and ERIC!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bncegrn.gif

And as always, seeing sunny, digi, missy & her hub is awesome wub.gif

There's probably more, but shit... i'm hung over, sleep deprived, and i have a 50 million pics to upload & post!!! laugh.gif

bekloppt.gif

Thank you again Ken aka the masked drummer notworthy.gif for opening up your new home!!! That is one kickin pad you got there!!! The view is spectacular!!!!!

It is always so great to meet new rush fans from the board...

I am still in awe of this whole experience!!!

Kind of bummed that I didn't get to meet krlowe and she rushgirl again but it was one of the best show of thiers that I have seen!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif They rocked us out yet again!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jun 11 2008, 07:37 AM)
Best Show EVER!

Those seats were amazing.  Thanks for the trade lrf. 

RushGirl, thank you for the first pick, that made my night, but since Michael gave me another one, I passed that one along to krlowe since it was his 21st birthday.  (pay it forward eh!)

Sayin' ?

I could not think of 2 more deserving people than you & digi to give those tickets to.

Hanging with RUSHGIRL was for me... the ULTIMATE RUSH experience.

Thank you so much Bev for the opportunity to grab that ticket wub.gif It was by far, my most memorable 2.gif show ever.

Digi got sticks... TRF REPRESENT yes.gif

and I got Pics!!! (cuz I'm coy.gif like that wink.gif )

Got to meet Michael, but he wouldn't let me get a picture with him angry.gif

That's OK, i got a pic of him anyway biggrin.gif

(bad Jen, that was Michael in the Praetorian shirt)

Also a BIG thanks to Ken aka the masked drummer for hosting the pre show & post show party!!! Jammin' crib you got there man!!! a pleasure to meet you, finally.

I was so happy to see Ya Ya and Mark & family again! and it was so great to meet Geddy's Mullet, and Renclaw, his girlfriend, Bill, krlowe :has: and ERIC!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bncegrn.gif

And as always, seeing sunny, doge, missy & her hub is awesome wub.gif

There's probably more, but shit... i'm hung over, sleep deprived, and i have a 50 million Picas to upload & post!!! laugh.gif

bekloppt.gif

I am so jealous, wish I would have been there. fists crying.gif

Glad you all were able to hang out and witness a great 2.gif show. trink39.gif

thanks so much again to everyone who came to my shack to meetup! and i appreciate all the thank you's n compliments on my new pit and thanks so much for the card and generous gifts from our canadian friends right across the stream!! nice meeting all of you great folks, too!!! everyone was a joy to hang out with. u ar all welcome back any time...

concerning the show, i know in my heart that what happened last night was one of those nights that reminded the members this is what they love to do and they are simply too great to quit! the mix was phenominal, and the very best bill (jeeperdirt) has ever heard, and that's comng from a former pro sound engineer. they were incredibly tight and full of energy.

the performance was incredibly powerful. ged's fender sounded so awesome and neil's drums so rich and flavorful. alex played that les paul with a whammy bar. i thought that was so baddazz.

bill will post pics asap...

peace

tmd

thanks so much again to everyone who came to my shack to meetup! and i appreciate all the thank you's n compliments on my new pit and thanks so much for the card and generous gifts from our canadian friends right across the stream!! nice meeting all of you great folks, too!!! everyone was a joy to hang out with. u ar all welcome back any time...

concerning the show, i know in my heart that what happened last night was one of those nights that reminded the members this is what they love to do and they are simply too great to quit! the mix was phenominal, and the very best bill (jeeperdirt) has ever heard, and that's comng from a former pro sound engineer. they were incredibly tight and full of energy.

the performance was incredibly powerful. ged's fender sounded so awesome and neil's drums so rich and flavorful. alex played that les paul with a whammy bar. i thought that was so baddazz.

bill will post pics asap...

peace

tmd

QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 11 2008, 06:27 AM)
Best Show EVER!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you again.

Everyone here is awesome! Are you and digital man attending anymore shows? I think I might try the Indy show.

Hey everyone! I gotta fully and completely agree with what Ken the Masked Drummer says. it was an awesome show, and IMO Rush is really sounding better that they ever have (both musicianship and mix quality). It helps the PA was good & clean from where we sat.

It was even more AWESOME meeting so many cool RUsh heads! I've never been to Rush with "strangers" before -- yet it was like we all had so much in common from the get-go.

All of you who could make it up to Kenny's pad were really neat -- I mean, total strangers coming up to some strangers unknown abode in downtown Detroit... lots of good trust going on in this fine group.

Next time I bet Ken will even have furniture!

As far as the group pic & concert pics I took, I'll post them for all once I get back to a PC Thursday or Friday.

what an amazing night of making kewl new friends, incridble music, and an inspiring atmosphere.

A special thanks to Geddy's Mullet for helping me & Ken get seats together, and thus making this such an awesome time!

...did I mention everyone and everything was AWESOME!

Peace out all!

Bill from Pittsburgh

Archived