krlowe

June 10, 2008

Detroit, MI

Joe Louis Arena

Venue Website

--------------------------------

http://www.wcsx.com/concerts/

Scroll to the bottom of the page

What a great birthday present for me! A Rush concert, in my state!

Wow!

Whos going? Whos not?

If this turns out to be wrong I will look like an ass.....

I have never seen Rush in an arena venue before! I cannot wait!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well it was Detroit Dan at www.rushtour.com that got it for us! I just passed the word along! Your welcome!

I cannot wait-I will turn 21 that day.....haha!

I am definitely in... and one of my gfs who has never been to a concert even though she's 33....

smile.gif That looks like a great venue and definitely worth lookin into to. 2.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Jan 7 2008, 05:41 AM)
smile.gif That looks like a great venue and definitely worth lookin into to. 2.gif

you better!!!!

i'm just sayin'.

ok folks! party @ My house!!

WOOOOOOO

oh man.... i'm feeling a Ladicon II coming on yes.gif

boarder.gif

man... it's been a long time since they've been @ Joe Louis.

I wonder where A good place in detroit is a good place to meet before the show........

I wish they'd play DTE-but oh well......

QUOTE (krlowe @ Jan 7 2008, 11:15 AM)
I wonder where A good place in detroit is a good place to meet before the show........

I wish they'd play DTE-but oh well......

there's a bar called andrew's on the corner that's not too far from The Joe. They run a bus there for every red wings game, so they might consider running a free shuttle to the rush concert if you could guarantee them 10-15 people would show up to drink before the show. it's kinda of a local hole-in-the-wall type of bar. if this show happens for real, i'll be there before the show for sure.

http://www.andrewsonthecorner.com/

QUOTE (krlowe @ Jan 6 2008, 09:11 PM)
http://www.wcsx.com/concerts/
Scroll to the bottom of the page

What a great birthday present for me! A Rush concert, in my state!
Wow!

Whos going? Whos not?

If this turns out to be wrong I will look like an ass.....

I have never seen Rush in an arena venue before! I cannot wait!

during the 80's and 90's I saw them in arenas, I prefer the outdoor venues they have been playing lately, however I look forward to seeing this show indoors, should play well.

shit... there's TONS of places to go!!

one of my personal favs is The Post Bar

but there's Greek Town also...

Hard Rock Cafe

OOOHHH, tough call, I used to live in Detroit and I love that place. It's a further drive but a chance to see some friends, get staggering in Birmingham and complain about the Joe in one night... tough to resist. Anyone know if the Bread Basket Deli is still around, or Loon River over off Van Dyke?

QUOTE (MacBob @ Jan 8 2008, 06:15 PM)
OOOHHH, tough call, I used to live in Detroit and I love that place. It's a further drive but a chance to see some friends, get staggering in Birmingham and complain about the Joe in one night... tough to resist. Anyone know if the Bread Basket Deli is still around, or Loon River over off Van Dyke?

yes.gif the bread basket is still around

not sure about loon river

birmingham... no.gif

post bar yes.gif

the post bar is walking distance to the Joe.

there's another Post Bar in Novi as well, and it's cool, but not as cool as the original in detroit.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jan 8 2008, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (MacBob @ Jan 8 2008, 06:15 PM)

yes.gif the bread basket is still around

not sure about loon river

birmingham... no.gif

post bar yes.gif

the post bar is walking distance to the Joe.

there's another Post Bar in Novi as well, and it's cool, but not as cool as the original in detroit.

I have friend who live in Birmingham, I can't recall the name of the place we used to go, but I recall arriving happy, leaving happier and some hazy parts in between. That said, I've been to The Post and if I come up for that show I'll have a broad agenda. I haven't seen my friends or my second favorite mid-western city in a few years trink38.gif

ya'll used to frequent a place in birmingham?

was it 220 ?

that used to be one of my favorite watering holes in birmingham back in the day.

i have no clue really of any other place in birmingham, except for cameron's and blue martini...

i don't frequent birmingham anymore like a did.

and Nuts & Bolts... you're name is all over the Post???

huh...

can ya find it ???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/DSC02867.jpg

laugh.gif

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Jan 8 2008, 12:12 PM)
The Post Bar is sweet.
No reservations required.
Why Tuesday though? confused13.gif
2.gif

They have played Detroit on a Tuesday for years! Local fans will see them any night of the week..... so they keep playing on Tuesday.

On the pool table, on the inside of one of the beer cooler doors, several spots on the ceiling, the floor, the front door, the PA system, on a couple of the bartenders breasts (female). And probobly a few dozen other places that I cant remember.

There is another Post Bar across from the Palace of Auburn Hills, but no bar has the character (characters?) like the one across from Cobo.

I believe the last time the Rush played Joe Louis, I was there in the nosebleeds for the Hold Your Fire tour in 1988.

I was too high up to get a balloon sad.gif

Looks like Detroit City is the place to be June 10th. 2.gif

This is for you krlowe trink38.gif

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Jan 9 2008, 12:36 PM)
There is another Post Bar across from the Palace of Auburn Hills, but no bar has the character (characters?) like the one across from Cobo.

I believe the last time the Rush played Joe Louis, I was there in the nosebleeds for the Hold Your Fire tour in 1988.
I was too high up to get a balloon sad.gif

Looks like Detroit City is the place to be June 10th. 2.gif

This is for you krlowe trink38.gif

haha! thanks! I can't wait-I promised myself I won't get wasted seeing my favorate band live-I have to drive back anyway to Jackson-unless my buddy drives. I am a control freak and I would prefer to drive so.....I don't know smile.gif

Archived