2008 - 06/07 - Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theatre

QUOTE (itsbry @ Feb 5 2008, 10:27 PM)
That was the first show I saw... Rush at Kemper, I mean. They're calling it the Savvis Center now but I remember watching the Comets play there... good memories.

Yeah, I think that was the Presto tour... ah yes, memories. cool10.gif

My first was at Municipal Auditorium at H. Roe Bartle hall, Moving Pictures tour. THAT was my introduction to Rush. Quite impressive.

Hi, I'm looking to meet up with some of you Rush fans going to the KC concert, too!!!! I met some of you, I believe, at the pre-show party at Dave & Busters', back on Aug. 23rd, the date of the first S & A concert in Kansas City. BTW, I had a blast!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif yes.gif

So, now, I'd like to know where the best places to meet and eat before the show are. Maybe, we can all meet up with some of the members of the Counterparts Board, also, as we did the last time. It seemed to me that we all had "a ton of fun"!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif

Since I live in Lincoln, Nebraska, I'm not familiar with good meeting places NEAR the area of the Starlight Theatre. Any info about this from you KC residents, or frequent visitors would be very helpful, and much appreciated!!!! yes.gif biggrin.gif

First off - One quick correction to reduce any confusion by earlier poster -

the Saavis Center is over in St. Louis, not Kansas City!

The Kemper Arena still stands but is basically unused. KC recently opened a brand sparkling new Big Arena (sprint center) which would be an arena large enough to host a pro team.

The Police (as in the band) were here in KC last week, they played at the Sprint Center.

Vive le Rush , Mission Man,

I would like to join the Meetup for the KC Show.

Me and three fellows are going to be there.

Starlight Theatre , isnt really near anything.

I was thinking of bringing a grill and cooler and tailgate in the parking lot. Are we not allowed to tailgate there?

The easiest thing to do would be tailgate, but i am not sure if the mouthbreathers working the security would shut our tailgate down.

Generally speaking, KC is pretty laid back about such matters. I might call the venue.

Maybe someone else can chime in about their experiences tailgating at Starlight ?

I don't know about KC but in St. Louis they don't let ya do that at concerts. If they see ya even sitting IN your car they tell you to go to the venue. If they DO let ya do that in KC that's good enough for me.

QUOTE (ShaniaFanAlso @ May 20 2008, 01:25 AM)
First off - One quick correction to reduce any confusion by earlier poster -

the Saavis Center is over in St. Louis, not Kansas City!

The Kemper Arena still stands but is basically unused. KC recently opened a brand sparkling new Big Arena (sprint center) which would be an arena large enough to host a pro team.

The Police (as in the band) were here in KC last week, they played at the Sprint Center.

Dude, you're right. I'm a KC native but a Blues fan and got the two mixed...

doh.gif

The day is getting close!!!!! We ALL need to decide on where we're gonna meet!!! Any suggestions???? We need to pick a place NOW!!!! There has GOT to be a place in KC somewhere we can meet!!!!

itsbry...you're a native, tell us where to go to meet up. Let's decide!!!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (missionman @ May 29 2008, 12:22 AM)
The day is getting close!!!!! We ALL need to decide on where we're gonna meet!!! Any suggestions???? We need to pick a place NOW!!!! There has GOT to be a place in KC somewhere we can meet!!!!

itsbry...you're a native, tell us where to go to meet up. Let's decide!!!!! smile.gif

DEFINITELY!!!! trink39.gif yes.gif I'm with ya, Missionman!!!! biggrin.gif Although I'm NOT from Kansas City, I'm going to look for some dining info on the Internet, to learn about possible places to eat and meet up at that are even halfway close to the venue.

PLEASE..............KC RUSH FANS, SUGGEST A PLACE OR PLACES WHERE WE CAN MEET AND EAT..................SOON!!!!!!!! trink36.gif eyesre4.gif common001.gif

Hey, everyone!!!! I've been checking out a search of any POSSIBLE places to meet and eat before the show. I discovered TWO POSSIBLE CHOICES for consideration. Again, these are only 2 POSSIBLE CHOICES. You may have some better ideas. Anyhow, here they are: T.G.I. Friday's, 1301 W. 86th Terrace, Kansas City, MO; and BB's Lawnside BBQ, 1205 E. 85th St., Kansas City, MO. I believe these two eateries are located to the west/southwest of the concert venue, according to the map. I must add that some expertise on the part of any local KC Rush fans would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! trink39.gif

OK..I have been trying to help Missionman and all those going to the KC show and ......after much research on place to meet, I gave up and called the ticket office....a very nice gent named Chuck was very happy to help out with recommending a local place to meet. According to Chuck there is a nice place called Charlie Hoopers bar and grill just up the road maybe 5 miles or so.....he said it is where the staff likes to hang out, the people are really nice and the food and drinks are affordable and good. So if this is acceptable to everyone....here is the info........ trink39.gif

Charlie Hoopers bar and grill

12 W. 63rd street

816-361-8841

Charlie Hoopers

from the starlight theater/swope park enterance you will go west on 63rd st./trafficway past rockhill rd, between Walnut and Main st.... Bar on the Left ..... if you get to brookside blvd. you went too far.

Hope this helps everyone.....HAVE A BLAST!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Now, that sounds like a GREAT IDEA, mystic!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif trink39.gif yes.gif THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I'LL TRY TO BE THERE. I hope to see some of you there!!!! trink36.gif 653.gif

No problem,,,,,Hope you all have a blast!! 1022.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif I'm counting the days till St. Louis! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It sounds GREAT, everyone!!!! biggrin.gif trink39.gif yes.gif I hope to see some of you there!!!! bekloppt.gif I plan to be there some time between 4 and 5 pm., and hope to stay until around 6:00. Hasta luego!!!! bekloppt.gif bncegrn.gif common001.gif

Archived