2008 - 06/07 - Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theatre

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 duntov1966

duntov1966

The Seeker

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, My kids & wife, Old School BMX stuff, and my 66 Vette.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:45 PM

They are headed your way already - CFNEU

ph34r.gif

Edited by duntov1966, 05 June 2008 - 04:50 PM.

Sponsored Post

#22 SnowDogR30

SnowDogR30

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

Hey there folks...I'm planning to pop into Charlie Hooper's before the show and hope to catch you there.  smile.gif

music.gif  2.gif  1022.gif  trink38.gif  

#23 TMMB

TMMB

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

Depneds on what time we get to K.C. but may see you guys there

#24 Vive le Rush

Vive le Rush

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Walking, especially with my dog, Jake; hiking in beautiful natural places, exercising, getting together with friends, studying and reading about diverse cultures and languages, reading and writing poetry, watching dog shows, listening to my favorite bands, and ESPECIALLY, listening to Rush CD's and watching/working out to Rush DVD's.

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:19 AM

It sounds GREAT, everyone!!!! biggrin.gif  trink39.gif  yes.gif I hope to see some of you there!!!! bekloppt.gif I plan to be there some time between 4 and 5 pm., and hope to stay until around 6:00.  Hasta luego!!!! bekloppt.gif  bncegrn.gif  common001.gif  

#25 OldRod

OldRod

The Seeker

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:47 AM

I arrived in KC last night... hanging around, waiting for the show smile.gif

What time do the gates open, anyone know?

#26 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts
  • Interests:airplanes and rockets

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:55 AM

I'm hoping to be at Charlie Hooper's around 5pm. I'm leaving St. Louis around 2pm so I'm guessing around 5pm.

Hope to see ya there!!!!!

#27 itsbry

itsbry

The Seeker

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

Get ready to ROCK, Kansas City!

2.gif  

#28 OldRod

OldRod

The Seeker

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:39 AM

... and ROCK we did!  smile.gif

Great show, as expected.  Actually, the guys seemed to be having the most fun of any show of theirs I've seen.  Beautiful venue, beautiful weather, great band... all the right ingredients for a killer show.

I'd purposely avoided any spoilers for this tour, so I was pleasantly surprised by the setlist changes, and I was definitely happy that the show was 15-20 minutes longer than most shows.

Almost every show on the past few tours I've been to have been right at 3 hours, including intermission.  Last night the opening video started about 7:40ish and they left the stage for the last time at a couple minutes shy of 11:00!   1022.gif

I hope some of my pics came out - my camera battery died before the end of the show, so I can't check them out until I get back home later today, but I'll try to post some when I get home, especially the one with Geddy wearing a KU National Champion T-shirt!! smile.gif

Thanks for a great show guys!  Hope to see you again in a year or so wink.gif

#29 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:47 AM

Vive la Rush....The show was GREAT and I'm glad I got to meet you and your hubby.

SnowDogR30....Nice to meet you too.

Wish I could have met Garden Dancer. Maybe next time.

2.gif ON

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  

#30 IDSkinner

IDSkinner

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Travel, cooking, hiking, mountain biking, snow skiing, good live music of any kind, intelligent conversation.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

How was attendance?

Did the Rock Fest have the impact that was discussed in the forums?

#31 TMMB

TMMB

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

if the show wasnt sold out it was very close.

#32 OldRod

OldRod

The Seeker

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

I saw very few empty seats.  Given there are always a few no-shows, I'd say it was a sell out.

#33 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (OldRod @ Jun 9 2008, 05:46 PM)
I saw very few empty seats.  Given there are always a few no-shows, I'd say it was a sell out.

me too

#34 Vive le Rush

Vive le Rush

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Walking, especially with my dog, Jake; hiking in beautiful natural places, exercising, getting together with friends, studying and reading about diverse cultures and languages, reading and writing poetry, watching dog shows, listening to my favorite bands, and ESPECIALLY, listening to Rush CD's and watching/working out to Rush DVD's.

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (missionman @ Jun 9 2008, 12:47 AM)
Vive la Rush....The show was GREAT and I'm glad I got to meet you and your hubby.

SnowDogR30....Nice to meet you too.

Wish I could have met Garden Dancer. Maybe next time.

2.gif ON

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Thanks, Missionman!!!! trink39.gif  biggrin.gif Yes, I enjoyed meeting you, your friend, and SnowdogR30, too!!!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif You guys are FIRST-RATE RUSH FANS, and I had A LOT OF FUN during that brief pre-show get-together!!!! trink39.gif  trink36.gif  biggrin.gif

The concert was A BLAST, BTW!!!!!!!!!! common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif It was SO MAGICAL, I didn't ever want it to end!!!!!!! wub.gif  wub.gif The venue was BEAUTIFUL, too!!!!!!!!! yes.gif  yes.gif

I sure hope to see all of you again, the next time (let's hope) RUSH comes to KC!!!! yes.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  trink39.gif

RUSH ON!!!!!!!!! common001.gif  common001.gif  2.gif  

#35 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:30 AM

I'm  2.gif ing on!!!!! 5 more days till the  2.gif  St. Louis show!!!

#36 Vive le Rush

Vive le Rush

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:09 AM

Lucky you, Missionman!!!! yes.gif  trink39.gif I tried to talk my hubby into letting us go to the St. Louis concert, but he wouldn't even entertain the thought!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  sad.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif I've been wanting to see Rush in St. Louis SO BADLY, but I suppose I'm lucky my husband even let us go to KC!!!!!!!  I'll certainly cherish the memories FOREVER!!!!!!!! wub.gif  wub.gif  trink39.gif  yes.gif You FORTUNATE FANS who live in LARGE CITIES!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I hope you have an AWESOME time at the St. Louis concert, Missionman!!!!!!!!! cheer.gif  common001.gif  bncegrn.gif  trink39.gif I'll be thinking of you!!!!!!!! trink39.gif  

#37 The_Analog_Kid

The_Analog_Kid

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1213 posts
  • Interests:Duh! Rush!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:26 AM

This was such a kick ass show!
I was absolutely amazedd!!!
So where was everybody sitting?
I was in Section 1 Row M Seat 14!
Damn what a showww!!!!
GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif  1022.gif  

Edited by The_Analog_Kid, 27 June 2008 - 02:27 AM.

#38 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:13 AM

Vive la Rush...Don't let hubby get to ya. I'm sure there'll be another time.  smile.gif  

#39 missionman

missionman

The Hang Out bartender

• Members
  • 14532 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:27 PM

4 and a half hours till  2.gif

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  

#40 Vive le Rush

Vive le Rush

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (missionman @ Jun 28 2008, 03:13 AM)
Vive la Rush...Don't let hubby get to ya. I'm sure there'll be another time.  smile.gif

Missionman,

THANKS SO MUCH for your encouragement!!!!!!! biggrin.gif It means a lot to me.  I enjoyed meeting you IMMENSELY at the KC preshow party, and thought about you and the other ECSTATIC Rush fans who attended the St. Louis concert Saturday night!!!!!!! trink39.gif  (See my comments in the St. Louis - "A Show of Fans" section.)

Anyway, RUSH ON, Missionman!!!!!!!! trink39.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif I STRONGLY hope Rush tours again, and I DEFINITELY hope I'll be able to meet with you and the other AVID Rush fans again!!!!!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif  bekloppt.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users