2008 - 05/22 - St Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad they're coming back through St. Paul on this tour. For awhile there it looked like they were going to skip over us and I was considering driving over to Milwaukee, but now St. Paul is good to go. I'm really looking forward to this show, I'm definitely going to get my tickets early this time for better seats; last time I waited until 2 weeks before the show and ended up with awful seats way up in the club level.

Who else is planning on this show? Anyone up for a pre-show get together?

QUOTE (Syaoran_2001 @ Jan 18 2008, 11:08 PM)
I'm so glad they're coming back through St. Paul on this tour. For awhile there it looked like they were going to skip over us and I was considering driving over to Milwaukee, but now St. Paul is good to go. I'm really looking forward to this show, I'm definitely going to get my tickets early this time for better seats; last time I waited until 2 weeks before the show and ended up with awful seats way up in the club level.

Who else is planning on this show? Anyone up for a pre-show get together?

I'll be attending this show. I say them at the St. Paul show from the first S&A leg, but this tiem, I'll be keeping my eye out for the sale. I'm trying to score front row tickets - I have the money wink.gif .

I was front row for this show back in September and it was the best Rush show I have ever seen.

The Xcel is a great place for a show. I made a banner requesting sticks and Gump came down at intermission and handed me a pair.....what a moment.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d153/avplanners/GotGed.jpg

QUOTE (Brava Doh! @ Feb 12 2008, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (hermy @ Jan 21 2008, 06:26 PM)
I've got a little secret for anyone going to the St Paul
show.....but I'm not going to post it....send me a PM if your going

Sent ya a Pm a while back but you never responded. sad.gif

Same here! Hermy you out there?

QUOTE (limbo @ Feb 5 2008, 07:15 AM)
anyone know when the tickets will go on sale the wait is killing me

RIAB site has ticketmaster's presale for this show listed as February 29th. There is also a radio presale listed there.

Keep chekcing in there to see when the MusicToday presale is and general ticket sales start.

General ticket sales start on March 1st at 10 AM, as I previously speculated. Music Today presale starts February 26 at 10AM. KQRS Presale starts on February 29 at 10AM, but there's no password listed yet. Ticketmaster seems to be on February 29 as well. So your best bet is Music Today, as it starts 3 days earlier than the rest.

So, I just did the Music Today presale and it was a pain in the ass. I first tried for Floor R tickets, but they said they were all gone. So then I clicked on Floor L tickets and I got one for Floor L, Row 31, Seat 12. Not a bad ticket, so I decided to add it to my cart. I go to my cart, there's the ticket. I wanted to change the shipping type to Priority Mail rather than UPS, so I clicked Priority Mail, and my tickets disappear; my cart is empty. I then spent 15 minutes trying to get those tickets back. Every time I went to get Floor L tickets, it said they were all gone. After cursing at the computer several times and trying different sections and throwing back the awful seats they gave me, I tried Floor L again, and miraculously, I managed to get the same seats I was promised before. This time it actually worked though, my tickets were in my basket, but this time I didn't make the fatal mistake of changing shipping type. So I know have 1 ticket for Floor L, Row 31, Seat 12. Not the best seats in the house, but still better than the crappy seats I had last time (far right back corner of the arena at the very top row). This time I might actually be able to see the guys' faces.

There are a lot of Row 25 tickets now. Looks like I struck out for now but I have a potential ticket connection in St. paul that I can explore, too.

If anyone got something they don't want or get an upgrade from, please post them here and maybe that'll work for me too.

Certainly not like last time...Two inthe center, row 9. Oh well.

I got a nice ticket for the show on the first section, row 4, LL left side... however my wife doesn't care and my buddies couldn't go this time.

I wouldn't mind have a couple beers before hand with some dedicated RUSH fans... let me know where and when, and I'll buy a round. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Syaoran_2001 @ Feb 29 2008, 11:33 PM)
I don't go to St. Paul often, is there a decent bar near the Xcel Energy Center?  A meet up would be cool.

Cossetta's Italian Market & Pizzeria is only 2 blocks away. It is always a good place before any show. There is also another joint cool10.gif a block down also, just can not remeber the name. Either place would be good.

QUOTE (Syaoran_2001 @ Mar 7 2008, 12:01 AM)
That sounds like a cool idea, do they have good food (and a bar)?

They do have good food. Not a bar but they do sell berr. O'Garas is a half block down which might be a better place. Good little Irish bar that has been around forever.

Archived