2008 - 05/10 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay Events Center

pedro2112

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 17 2008, 10:36 PM)
Dude, Vegas won't be the same without you there.

Well dude, you've given me a glimmer of hope.

Now I just have to decide if I want to pay the $200 plane flight, the $100+ ticket, plus misc Vegas expenses... wink.gif

I'm leaning toward "yes" now.. How many more times will I get a chance to see them in Vegas?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Apr 24 2008, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 17 2008, 10:36 PM)
Dude, Vegas won't be the same without you there.

Well dude, you've given me a glimmer of hope.

Now I just have to decide if I want to pay the $200 plane flight, the $100+ ticket, plus misc Vegas expenses... wink.gif

I'm leaning toward "yes" now.. How many more times will I get a chance to see them in Vegas?

Dude just compare the $300 + misc to that running total in your sig. In the grand scheme of things you attending the show won't cause massive economic upheaval or alter the destiny of the universe - but it will be an awesome day for you, and I'm sure you deserve it somehow.

I just plunked $15 into my "Buy a Starving TRF Mod a Pitcher of Beer Fund" - see you in two weeks!

1022.gif

RUSH in VEGAS should be GREAT! I am staying next door at the LUXOR, the big pyramid! Check out EBAY for advance coupons and other stuff! LAX is the newest hotest nite club in Vegas, it is in the LUXOR; Ebay has 2 for 1 VIP passes for .99 cents which will save you about $30 on the cover charge!

WHERE IS EVERYONE GOING TO MEET! I WANT TO GET STARTED AT LUNCH!

Hey Erik,

I just booked the Luxor yesterday and am really getting pumped up now. What's LAX? I have to take a look.

I'll be looking for some partying before the show too, and Friday night. I'm sure there will be plenty going on at Mandalay before the show.

See you out there!!!

Todd

QUOTE (SirDraco @ Apr 21 2008, 02:16 PM)
Slight change of Vegas plans. 

Didn't go with the Media Suite.  I have a Lagoon Suite instead (think Tiki Bar), which is on the top floors of Mandalay Bay (61st through 63rd floor!)

I have the site for Friday and Saturday, but may cut that down to Saturday only.  We'll see how soon the Government Tax Rebate comes!  rofl3.gif

653.gif 2.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 28 2008, 10:36 AM)

Didn't go with the Media Suite.  I have a Lagoon Suite instead (think Tiki Bar), which is on the top floors of Mandalay Bay (61st through 63rd floor!)

I have the site for Friday and Saturday, but may cut that down to Saturday only.  We'll see how soon the Government Tax Rebate comes!  rofl3.gif

Now go easy on Jim, Rolinda...

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l191/rdnkchic1290/Jim_Beam.jpg

QUOTE (SirDraco @ Apr 21 2008, 01:16 PM)

Didn't go with the Media Suite. I have a Lagoon Suite instead (think Tiki Bar), which is on the top floors of Mandalay Bay (61st through 63rd floor!)

I have the site for Friday and Saturday, but may cut that down to Saturday only. We'll see how soon the Government Tax Rebate comes! rofl3.gif

So, is this the official meet-up spot?

I AM HEADING TO RUSH IN VEGAS 2 DAYS BEFORE SHOW, STAYING AT LUXOR; ALSO GOING TO DRIVE DOWN TO IRVINE CALIFORNIA SUNDAY AND DRIVE BACK AFTER SHOW! ANYONE ELSE WANT TO SEE 2 RUSH SHOWS IN 2DAYS? I AM FLYING HOME FROM VEGAS MONDAY AT NOON! GO DALLAS!

A friend and I will be flying in from the UK on the 6th May staying at Hooters until the 15th May. 2 more working days left and now I'm excited.

Would be great to meet up for a few drinks on the day of the concert.

Sat in Section Floor 5, Row V - not really sure how good the seats are but just pleased to be there! Sat on Row 2 in Sheffield and Row 15 in Manchester last year both centrally located so cant be too picky!

Looking forward to meeting a few fellow fans.

QUOTE (djscully @ May 1 2008, 06:21 AM)
A friend and I will be flying in from the UK on the 6th May staying at Hooters until the 15th May.  2 more working days left and now I'm excited.

Would be great to meet up for a few drinks on the day of the concert.

Sat in Section Floor 5, Row V - not really sure how good the seats are but just pleased to be there!  Sat on Row 2 in Sheffield and Row 15 in Manchester last year both centrally located so cant be too picky!

Looking forward to meeting a few fellow fans.

What there is a Hooters hotel?! Why the f**k am I stuck at the stupid Luxor then? Those Egyptian slave chicks better be hot.

Travel agent lady you have some 'spainin to do!

Anyways we're in Vegas the 8th til 13th - so let's hook up for some pre-show drinks!

Can we get a good head count for those from TRF who will be going? Depending on how many show their intentions for coming to the pre and post show parties, we'll be going ahead and getting a keg for the room. If you're wondering about space, don't. The room is I think either 1800 or 2100 sq ft.

And PM Me for my phone number if you do plan on attending. I can give you the room number, what to bring, (ladies how you should dress in my presence), etc. laugh.gif

Are you really renting a larger space like that I thought you must be joking?

Anyways myself and one buddy are there five nights so certainly Saturday will be 150 percent dedicated to Rush related fun and debauchery - it'd be great to connect with one or one hundred fellow TRFers.

Count us in.

1022.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 28 2008, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 28 2008, 10:36 AM)

Now go easy on Jim, Rolinda...

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l191/rdnkchic1290/Jim_Beam.jpg

are you kidding? laugh.gif

vegas = no driving

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

WOW! applaudit.gif

The show was awesome! I really feel that the band was "on" tonight: energetic and happy, playing and sounding way better than the first run through Vegas (not that the first stop was bad). Even Neil seemed very pleased with himself during and especially after his solo. which seemed different than the first leg? He even joked around towards the end of the show during TS adding in some cymbal rolls accompanied by some goofy faces. I especially liked the added hi-hat work in the beginning of spindrift.

There were a few "train wrecks" for sure...Alex missed a position change at 6:10 during Natural Science and Geddy had the wrong sound bank loaded for the first keyboard lead in Subdivisions but there were hi-lights too. Ghost of a chance sounded amazing to me. Geddy's voice was good toningt especially during the high part after the "band solo" in Freewill. Red Barchetta had me in goose bumps. I love that song and they really nailed it. I was glad to hear that Alex changed his guitar solo tone to something that resembled the studio tone rather than what he used for R30 doh.gif Hope was played very slowly but the tone of the 12 string was superb. Some other great solo moments from Alex were the extended ending of Ghost of a Chance, Dreamline and Bangkok.

Overall, I was very, very pleased with the show. I think the sound at The Mandalay Bay was better than the MGM but that may just be because at the MGM show, I had shitty seats and at the Mandalay Bat, I was about mid floor stage right.

This show easily wins best indoor sound. Excellent articulation and definition. Sorry I missed you NLV. Figured you would have dropped by the CP party. Oh well.

Yeah Geddy was fiddling with the Little Phatty during Subdivisions. At first he was pissed and then he over compensated during the guitar solo. Neil had a bit of a brain fart during Larger Bowl and I detected some funkiness in Hope, just a half step biff. Geddy slid around a bit in Armor and Sword. I love when they are human. Makes them seem more, um, human. tongue.gif

But yeah, they had great energy. Even saw Neil make a face st someone in the crowd. First time I have seen him even acknowledge the crowd in 40 shows that I have been to.

This was my last one this time out and it was a good one to go out on. My seat was in the 10th row, so I was very pleased (though not as pleased as Concord, eh B?).

See y'all next tour.

Yeah...it's always dicey with indoor arenas I've never been to before, but the sound at this place was absolute top-notch! Best Indoor sound I've heard in a long time, but after the Nokia Theater, it couldn't be worse!

I agree with RushFannlv on about everything. The boys really seemed to be having a lot of fun, the crowd was really enthusiastic and energetic and Rush was on! Just an awesome show and much better than the MGM Grand shows of tours past. I really hope the keep coming back to Mandalay Bay! (Plus, we love staying at that hotel!)

I scored 9th row seats from a scalper outside the arena about a half hour before the show and the seats were primo....had a great view of Neil's drum kit and we were on Alex's side, and he was having plenty of fun!

Highlights were definitely Natural Science (always a crowd pleaser), 2112, Far Cry, YYZ, and One Little Victory sounded a lot better than it has before....?

Awesome show and I'm doing it again tonight in Irvine!

Awesome show! The crowd was pretty into it as well. Good to see all the peeps at the concert, and at the party. Next stop- Saint Paul! 1022.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 11 2008, 07:02 PM)

I scored 9th row seats from a scalper outside the arena about a half hour before the show and the seats were primo....had a great view of Neil's drum kit and we were on Alex's side, and he was having plenty of fun!

Weird, but I was in Vegas that night, and couldn't find a scalper. huh.gif

I looked for about an hour, walking all around the venue, in the parking lot, etc. It was bizarre...

Ended up knocking down a couple of mojitos at House of Blues with some gal pals, then we went over to the NYNY piano bar till 3:00AM, so it wasn't a total loss! laugh.gif

Archived