2008 - 05/04 - Concord, CA - Sleep Train Pavilion

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 10 2008, 11:15 PM)
Hey you guys!!!

I LIVE IN CONCORD!!!

I was lucky enough to follow Neil's bus off of Treat Blvd to Ygnacio Valley Road to the Concord Pavilion last year by pure luck and NO! I didn't stalk him! LOL!

If you guys want to go somewhere to eat first go to Ed's Mudville Bar and Grill in Clayton.

It's on your way to Sleeptrain!!!

SEE YOU THERE!!!!

1022.gif

So far I am doing RENO, CONCORD, NOKIA THEATRE AND VEGAS!

Earl!

I'll be at Reno, Conord and Vegas as well.

It was great running into you at Van Halen!

My parents live in Clayton around the corner from the Pavilion. I may try to make it to Mudville's.

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Apr 19 2008, 10:35 PM)
Where is this Mudville that you speak of, and I will be there.

It is in the town of Clayton which is a suburb of Concord tongue.gif. Ed's Mudville Grill, I think on Center Street. It is very close to the venue, maybe a mile away. It's kind of katty corner from my dentist, not that you know where that is either.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 20 2008, 01:01 AM)
QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Apr 19 2008, 10:35 PM)
Where is this Mudville that you speak of, and I will be there.

It is in the town of Clayton which is a suburb of Concord tongue.gif. Ed's Mudville Grill, I think on Center Street. It is very close to the venue, maybe a mile away. It's kind of katty corner from my dentist, not that you know where that is either.

Thanks, I will hunt it down.. Or I'll be calling you day of when I'm driving around lost in Concord.

You have quite the schedule for that weekend.. Rush/Baseball/Rush

(I'll sleep when I'm dead rofl3.gif )

The only hang up now is the Clayton Art and Wine Festival is this weekend so Mudville's may be overly packed and traffic will be routed a little inconveniently. My dad runs the thing and I am actually playing there on Saturday afternoon before the Reno show. While this is a Sunday the festival will be still be going on when we want to be there. just a head's up in case we want to change things.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 29 2008, 11:17 AM)
The only hang up now is the Clayton Art and Wine Festival is this weekend so Mudville's may be overly packed and traffic will be routed a little inconveniently. My dad runs the thing and I am actually playing there on Saturday afternoon before the Reno show. While this is a Sunday the festival will be still be going on when we want to be there. just a head's up in case we want to change things.

Thanks for the heads up!

Access to Mudvilles is completely blocked for the festival. I suggest we meet at the Guadalajara Grill in the Clayton Valley Shopping Center (5400 Ygnacio Valley Road, Concord) on the corners of Ygnacio Valley and Clayton Roads. This is right down the street from the venue. Excellent food and a full bar. Lots of room. We met there last year.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ May 3 2008, 01:36 PM)
Access to Mudvilles is completely blocked for the festival. I suggest we meet at the Guadalajara Grill in the Clayton Valley Shopping Center (5400 Ygnacio Valley Road, Concord) on the corners of Ygnacio Valley and Clayton Roads. This is right down the street from the venue. Excellent food and a full bar. Lots of room. We met there last year.

Sounds good, my friend and I will hopefully be there around 2 or 2:30. Wont be using the bar though, not old enough wink.gif

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ May 3 2008, 02:36 PM)

I'll be there.

trink39.gif

Wow, what a show! Just about the closest I've ever been to the stage, 3rd row right in front of Geddy. What a weekend. Rush on Saturday and Sunday night, with about 7 hours of driving mixed in with two nights of gambling and drinking with very little sleep. I'm tired.

Technical glitch. He was playing the part but only one key seemed to be working. The show was perfect to that point. Best drum solo on the whole tour (at least of the 12 shows I've been to).

"Great weather for hockey!..."

Man it was cold last night. Unseasonable for sure, but the show was great!

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ May 5 2008, 09:49 AM)
Technical glitch. He was playing the part but only one key seemed to be working. The show was perfect to that point. Best drum solo on the whole tour (at least of the 12 shows I've been to).

Thought so, looked like he was playing but no sound was coming out haha. It was pretty cold though, I like how Geddy said it's like Canada weather. At one point, he opened up the rotisseries(sp?) and looked like he was trying to warm his hands. laugh.gif

QUOTE (goincd3 @ May 5 2008, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ May 5 2008, 09:49 AM)

Thought so, looked like he was playing but no sound was coming out haha. It was pretty cold though, I like how Geddy said it's like Canada weather. At one point, he opened up the rotisseries(sp?) and looked like he was trying to warm his hands. laugh.gif

Haha! Right before the show my friend was making fun of me for thinking it was cold...he was like, "I'm from the east coast, this is nothing!" So during intermission I turned to him and said, "See, even Geddy said it was cold!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ May 5 2008, 01:45 AM)
Wow, what a show!  Just about the closest I've ever been to the stage, 3rd row right in front of Geddy.  What a weekend.  Rush on Saturday and Sunday night, with about 7 hours of driving mixed in with two nights of gambling and drinking with very little sleep.  I'm tired.

That pretty much sums it up.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ May 6 2008, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ May 5 2008, 01:45 AM)
Wow, what a show!  Just about the closest I've ever been to the stage, 3rd row right in front of Geddy.  What a weekend.  Rush on Saturday and Sunday night, with about 7 hours of driving mixed in with two nights of gambling and drinking with very little sleep.  I'm tired.

That pretty much sums it up.

trink39.gif

Great to see you again!!! Couple of great shows!!!!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Archived