2008 - 04/26 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 16 2008, 05:44 PM)
Ok Dog, you have convinced me. You OK Dog.

Yes sir! Still trying to figure where we'll be & will let you know where to meet fo shizzle. Gotta pick up the bro at the AP around noon then head to Bricktown right after lunch. Maybe Coach's at the ballpark.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 18 2008, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 18 2008, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (rat @ Apr 18 2008, 05:35 AM)
http://www.nottheaverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/empty_plate.jpg

wtf.gif

I was thinking the same thing. confused13.gif

I eight already.

QUOTE (rat @ Apr 18 2008, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 18 2008, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 18 2008, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (rat @ Apr 18 2008, 05:35 AM)
http://www.nottheaverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/empty_plate.jpg

wtf.gif

I was thinking the same thing. confused13.gif

I eight already.

Well, that one went over my head like a friggin bullet.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Dog Tales @ Apr 18 2008, 06:17 AM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 16 2008, 05:44 PM)
Ok Dog, you have convinced me. You OK Dog.

Yes sir! Still trying to figure where we'll be & will let you know where to meet fo shizzle. Gotta pick up the bro at the AP around noon then head to Bricktown right after lunch. Maybe Coach's at the ballpark.

I like the sound of any place called Coach's at the ball park.

1022.gif

Coach's would probably be fine up until around 6:30, but you'll want to be heading to the arena by then.

It's all going to depend on your tastes in food, drink, etc. The closest eateries are going to be on the canal. You'd be able to eat/drink inside or outside by the water.

Absolute closest would be 2 Mexican places - Abuelos (on Sheridan north of the canal) and Chelinos (right on the canal, about 5 minutes from the Ford Center.)

Earl's Rib Palace - BBQ on the canal. Decent southwest style BBQ.

Bourbon St. Cafe - On the canal. Slightly more upscale than anything else directly on the canal. Decent New Orleans/creole style steaks & seafood.

Toby Keith's I Love This Bar. Yeeeeeehaw...decide for yourself if you can stomach it before a Rush concert. Very big, and decent food/drink.

Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse - middle of Bricktown right across from the ballpark, about a 10 minute walk. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Bricktown Brewery and Tapwerks...mentioned earlier, both would be fine for a pre or post-concert hangout.

Zio's - Italian food about 7 minutes from the arena. Slightly better than The Olive Garden.

Sonic - On the canal, 7 minutes away. No boozin, but a fast-food legend in Oklahoma.

There are plenty of other choices in Bricktown that would be a slightly further walk around the Bricktown parking garage, including seafood, steaks and bar/nightclubs.

For just about everything you'd want to know about Bricktown...go to the following:

BricktownOKC

HOLD EVERYTHING.

A little something downtown called Festival of the Arts is going on all that weekend. It takes place about 2 blocks away from the concert at Myriad Gardens.

Art (paintings, pottery, sculpture, everything), bands and food glorious food everywhere. It's an outdoor event, so come prepared. Just all kinds of ethnic and traditional foods. Beer and other drinks also.

Holy crap is parking going to be hard to find that Saturday!

No matter where you go, I'd highly recommend all out-of-towners to get to downtown OKC as early as possible. Festival of the Arts is huge and Bricktown will be popping with people due to the Festival, Redhawks baseball and the Rush show.

QUOTE (OkieCardinal @ Apr 18 2008, 02:30 PM)
HOLD EVERYTHING.

A little something downtown called Festival of the Arts is going on all that weekend. It takes place about 2 blocks away from the concert at Myriad Gardens.

Art (paintings, pottery, sculpture, everything), bands and food glorious food everywhere. It's an outdoor event, so come prepared. Just all kinds of ethnic and traditional foods. Beer and other drinks also.

Holy crap is parking going to be hard to find that Saturday!

No matter where you go, I'd highly recommend all out-of-towners to get to downtown OKC as early as possible. Festival of the Arts is huge and Bricktown will be popping with people due to the Festival, Redhawks baseball and the Rush show.

Holy Tamale! It's going to be a total cluster that night. wacko.gif

With all due respect, I refuse to go somewhere called Toby Keith's, Rush concert or no. Country music makes my skin crawl. I wouldn't mind checking out the Festival of the Arts. Otherwise, Coach's sounds good.

Thanks for all of the info. Okie! trink39.gif

We missed 6...

Now it's

http://www.writesidepoets.org/images/handprint.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 23 2008, 05:29 AM)
http://www.sesac.com/artistnews/images/rush2.jpg

drool1.gif

"3 Old Dudes!"

tongue.gif

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 23 2008, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 23 2008, 05:29 AM)
http://www.sesac.com/artistnews/images/rush2.jpg

drool1.gif

"3 Old Dudes!"

tongue.gif

OK, if you want to get technical about it. eyesre4.gif

Three Smokin' Hot Old Dudes! drool1.gif common001.gif drool1.gif common001.gif drool1.gif common001.gif

biggrin.gif

http://www.rushbackstage.com/store/assets/images/products/rush/Accessories/RUNP004003L.jpg

I like to think of it as the day after tomorrow.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 24 2008, 12:51 PM)
I like to think of it as the day after tomorrow.

Okay, if you want to get technical about it.

laugh.gif

Archived