2008 - 04/20 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roll Call...

I'll be there!

We need to try and organize a pre-concert TRF meetup, ya'll!

American Express presale - Monday, January 21st - 10:00am CST

Fan Presale - Tuesday, January 22nd - 10:00am CST

General Public Sale - Saturday, January 26th, 10:00am CST

Hope to see many of you there! trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Jan 19 2008, 07:49 AM)
Roll Call...

I'll be there!

We need to try and organize a pre-concert TRF meetup, ya'll!

American Express presale - Monday, January 21st - 10:00am CST
Fan Presale - Tuesday, January 22nd - 10:00am CST
General Public Sale - Saturday, January 26th, 10:00am CST

Hope to see many of you there! trink39.gif

Hey rushbass! Good to know you'll be there!

Though I've previously said we might go to Atlanta, New Orleans is now a possibility, given the fact that it will be a Saturday show. But funding is a consideration and the possibility that we won't be able to go to a show this leg does exist. I'll post more as the picture gets clearer.

QUOTE (skyswing @ Jan 20 2008, 04:13 PM)

Hey rushbass! Good to know you'll be there!

Though I've previously said we might go to Atlanta, New Orleans is now a possibility, given the fact that it will be a Saturday show. But funding is a consideration and the possibility that we won't be able to go to a show this leg does exist. I'll post more as the picture gets clearer.

Hope ya'll can make the New Orleans date... I might do Atlanta too, but not sure yet...

hope to meet up with you guys again! trink39.gif

I Will be there, with my 11 year old son - My wife is staying home this year, last year she went with me to the Tampa show, she says she will go again on their next tour.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I've got a pretty big group of friends going to this show from Slidell, about 15 people as of today. We're thinking of getting a limo-bus. When I find out any tailgating plans I'll post them here.

Hi Everybody!

I'll be there for around 5:30; I'm on the Floor B, row 25. Some friends will be there in 104 & upper bowl 308.

I may even go to a Hornets game to get a better feel.

From what I heard, it's close to being sold out; I was told the floor was sold out in 10 minutes.

Excitement so thick.

Take care.

Skyswing and I will be there, along with our 2 1/2 year old daughter Jadyn who loves Rush. We'd love to do another meet-up and bring her along. For that it will kind of depend on where the meet-up is. A restaurant is more likely than just a bar because of Jadyn.

Oh, and I got great seats on ebay. 4 side-by-side in Section B Row 22 for $475. Not sure what we'll do with the extra, but it was cheaper than 3 seats 2 rows further back for $600.

Does anyone want to take a shot at recommending a fan meetup place in New Orleans? Is there a decent place in the Quarter for a meetup?

I think Big Daddy's is out of the question. The same probably goes for Larry Flynt's Barely Legal and Rick's Caberet.

I hope to heck no one recommends Oz, the Bourbon Pub or Cafe-Lafitte-In-Exile.

I thought about the Mid City Lanes Rock 'n' Bowl place, a few miles north of the Arena. However, it doesn't open until 5 p.m. That won't give us much time to eat, drink and be merry before the show.

The only input we'd like to offer and remind everyone about in making the selection is that we will have a child with us and we would prefer the meetup be in an environment not completely unsuitable for her, i.e., not overwhelmingly a bar or similar location.

We will assume we'll be meeting up somewhere around 4 to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday somewhere within a reasonable drive of the arena. We look forward to seeing some folks we met in the ATL as well as some new folks!

I think a convenient place may be a mall food court, such as Clearview or Esplanade. Plenty of parking and less time to get food. Not sure about beer availability. Or do others prefer a sit-down restaurant? I also have my 17-yr old son coming with me.

QUOTE (pblaster @ Mar 10 2008, 12:00 AM)
Just checked TM. Some seats are available in Sec 115 right now. Closer than mine!!

115 would be a cool place to sit if you like a side view of the band.

As much as I'd like to get a ticket in this spot, I'll stick with my floor seat. I've never been on the floor for a Rush show, and there will be some TRF folks I'd like to visit with there before the show and during intermission.

The tix are magnetted on the fridge...lodging is being arranged...getting ready for show #7!

The wife & I will be in sec. 112. We were fairly regular visitors to N.O. before Katrina...this will be our first trip back since our remarriage new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif and 1st since Katrina. I was pleased (but not terribly surprised) to see that hotel prices were a good bit lower than what they used to be for primo hotels. That old supply/demand sort of thing... maybe Rush can play a small part in N.O.'s comeback

Anyway, since we're actually staying for the weekend, maybe we'll have time for the TRF 'meet & greet'...as soon as one is arranged, that is. Hope to see you there! 2.gif

Archived