2008 - 04/17 - Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Feb 6 2008, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (Geddicorn @ Feb 6 2008, 10:13 AM)
Why are there still so many floor seats available for this show?!  ohmy.gif  I've only been living in this area for 5 years, so I don't know how well attended (or not) Rush shows have been in the past. Is this normal for Jacksonville? I guess I should've known when I was 1 of only 2 Rush fans standing in a long line at the Orange Park Mall TM outlet last Saturday morning. The rest of the ticket-buyers? Why, they were there for the Rascal Flatts show, of course! God forbid a country music act should play here and NOT sell out (or come *very* close to it). banghead.gif

Welcome to southeast Georgia!! I know they told you it's northeast Florida but they tricked you! doh.gif

Ha! You hit the nail on the head, there! rofl3.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (By-tor69 @ Feb 6 2008, 12:54 PM)
Just curious,  How well did you do for tickets Geddicorn? I haven't done the box office thing since the late 80s

Well, I went there to see if I could get closer than the 9th row tickets I got through the MT presale. Guess what? I couldn't! no.gif I think I was about 15th in line and by the time I got there I was offered section F9 row 44...You can get better than that right now on TM! So I passed wink.gif . I was able to upgrade nicely through Ebay, though. 3rd row in front of Geddy! And the price wasn't too bad at all ($429 x 2 tix), considering what the TM auctions wound up going for...so I'm happy tongue.gif . Now, if only the show would sell better!

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Feb 4 2008, 02:32 AM)
Jax only has 1 real classic rock station and they're really not very good. They pretty much just play the classic big hits over and over (especially southern rock) with very few deeper cuts. I have heard them play some Rush recently and they talked about the concert but it was real quick. I just happened to be tuning around and heard it. I rarely listen to them anymore because it's always the same songs. Heck, if it wasn't for this board, I probably wouldn't have even known Rush was coming to my home town! I've been spreading the word but I'm amazed at how many people havn't heard anything about it. It's still a couple months away...we'll see I guess.
It's a beautiful city in a beautiful area of the country but in some ways, it's got a long way to go to get into the 21st century.

I grew up in Jax but haven't lived there in a while. You must be talking about Rock 105 who's lineup of artists goes like this: Skynard, Eddie Money, 38 Special, Skynard, Eddie Money, 38 Special, Skynard..... laugh.gif

Last time I saw Rush in Jax was for Counterparts (their last time there as you all know). I got to Coconuts Records a few hours before they opened on the first day of sales. There were a handful of Rush fans there and we talked about well....Rush. I managed to score 2 2nd row tickets in front of Lifeson for 33 bucks each (tax included). Jeez, 1994 seems like so long ago now.

Honestly, I don't remember how big the crowd was but don't think it was impressive at all. The show kicked ass though of course

Rock 105...

I hear some decent stuff in the morning, but by 10:30 or 11 it's all the crap they played yesterday at 11...

I am soooo sick of the radio as a whole, however. Any station you pick is either the new stuff (can't listen to it) or repeats. What is so hard about playing the NEXT song on any given album? Just like their "two-for-Tuesday" shit they could play the same junk, but the next song is actually the next one on the original album... create some interest... quit being scared that you'll piss off the advertizers any worse than they already are.

But then, I know more folks who love to listen to it all day and couldn't care less what song is playing. My girlfriend says I'm insane for not being able to sit through even one song that I don't like.

Oh well, thanks for listening to me rant... off to crank some RushRadio.

QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Feb 23 2008, 07:09 AM)
Is there going to be a place where cool fans like us can get together before the show that is close to the venue?

z7shysterical.gif

Never been to Jacksonville have you?

Close to the venue... z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

The only things next to Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena are:

1. Jacksonville Municipal Stadium (Jaguars' home)

2. The minor-league baseball park

3. Duval County Fairgrounds

4. Maxwell House coffee plant.

But hey, there is a Burger King only a 1/2 mile away 653.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Feb 23 2008, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Feb 23 2008, 07:09 AM)
Is there going to be a place where cool fans like us can get together before the show that is close to the venue?

z7shysterical.gif

Never been to Jacksonville have you?

Close to the venue... z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

The only things next to Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena are:

1. Jacksonville Municipal Stadium (Jaguars' home)

2. The minor-league baseball park

3. Duval County Fairgrounds

4. Maxwell House coffee plant.

But hey, there is a Burger King only a 1/2 mile away 653.gif tongue.gif

The Landing is doable but a tailgate meeting is probably better.

It looks like we're gonna have to pack coolers... there isn't any place (that I can think of) that is close enough. It should be warm enough and as long as that football is still under the back seat, we're golden for a tailgate party.

martini_shaken.gif

I will be driving down from Atlanta the day of the show. I am very happy to say that we now have an awesome new rock station 100.5 and they are very Rush friendly. They have been promoting the crap out of the show and most of the reserved seats are gone for the new ampitheater and the show isnt until july. As far as Jacksonville, Im thinkin about chompin down on some Ruth and Chris steakhouse slammin a little crown royal and catchin a cab to the show. trink39.gif

Got my tickets today! Now I can finally stop worrying about this and just focus on counting down the days tongue.gif (26 'til Orlando 28 'til Jax!). Is anyone here familiar with the arena's layout? I got seats 13 & 14 of row 3 in section F1. Will these be pretty close to the center or still far off to the right? Thanks!

Im thinkin of eatin a little din din at mongos flat hot grill at the landing( i think thats the name of the place) before the show and knockin down some preshow cocktails. I believe the landing is a short walking distance from the venue. Anybody down with this? I think they have a full bar and theres a few other bars in the landing to chose from. Let me know. trink39.gif trink38.gif 653.gif

I'll be cutting it close as far as getting to the Arena, so preshow festivities are out for me. But if you guys want to come by F1 row 3, I'll be in seat 1 wearing a red S&A shirt 1022.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 15 2008, 06:17 PM)
I'll be cutting it close as far as getting to the Arena, so preshow festivities are out for me. But if you guys want to come by F1 row 3, I'll be in seat 1 wearing a red S&A shirt 1022.gif

I'll be 4 seats down, 1 row behind you. See you there! trink39.gif

Archived