2008 - 04/17 - Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jan 21 2008, 02:32 AM)
Anyone heard anything about a presale? Am I missing something?

Nothing yet. The Jax date isn't listed at musictoday, ticketmaster or livenation. My guess is they don't have all the paperwork signed with the venue yet, so they can't post the date yet (except on the band's site).

I'm anxious, so yeah, I'm a little disappointed that it isn't posted yet. But, it will happen. The musictoday site says that new dates will be added each week to the presale list. Maybe next week.

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jan 28 2008, 02:11 AM)
QUOTE (bornTOrush @ Jan 27 2008, 09:36 PM)
Hey!  This show is on my birthday.
I should give some serious thought to attending.

Do you live near Jacksonville or would you be travelling?

No. I do not live in the Jacksonville area. I would be traveling to see this show.

Not the first time i've seen the boys away from my home town, though.

That will be great if i can catch this show on my birthday. What a gift!

smile.gif

Just in case you missed the other thread, here's a copy....thanks!

Hi all. I scored a 13th row center single seat to the Jax show. Afterward, I decided to try again and scored an 11th row center seat. It was only 2 rows but I couldn't resist. So now I have an extra seat. It's floor section 2, 13th row. Face value plus fees...I think it's like $90 total. PM me if interested.

Thanks!

2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jan 29 2008, 12:15 PM)
Just in case you missed the other thread, here's a copy....thanks!

Hi all. I scored a 13th row center single seat to the Jax show. Afterward, I decided to try again and scored an 11th row center seat. It was only 2 rows but I couldn't resist. So now I have an extra seat. It's floor section 2, 13th row. Face value plus fees...I think it's like $90 total. PM me if interested.

Thanks!

2.gif 2.gif

Sold...Thanks

Looks like the attendance problems that plagued past Jax shows will continue unless things change. Just out of curiosity, i checked ticketmaster this morning and was still able to get floor seats. Not a good sign for the show, but good for fans who dragged their feet getting tix.

I sure hope the attendance is 10k or better, but I'm not holding my breath.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 2 2008, 04:00 PM)
Looks like the attendance problems that plagued past Jax shows will continue unless things change. Just out of curiosity, i checked ticketmaster this morning and was still able to get floor seats. Not a good sign for the show, but good for fans who dragged their feet getting tix.

Yup confused13.gif

Hanna Montana...sold out, no problem

George Strait...sold out, no problem

Rush...sell out, no way confused13.gif

Love the area but taste in music??? new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Feb 2 2008, 06:41 PM)

Yup confused13.gif

VH hasn't sold out yet either. I heard they're close, but its no sellout.

Oh, and don't forget Kenny Chesney comes at least once a year and sells out every time.

I feel the same way you do weatherman. Love the area, but the musical tastes are lacking.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 2 2008, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Feb 2 2008, 06:41 PM)

Yup confused13.gif

VH hasn't sold out yet either. I heard they're close, but its no sellout.

Oh, and don't forget Kenny Chesney comes at least once a year and sells out every time.

I feel the same way you do weatherman. Love the area, but the musical tastes are lacking.

Well I said on a Minnesota Vikings message board (I was born up there) I frequent that a sellout in Jax wasn't a worry because this city is 30% black and 40% redneck.

Oh well, at least they're sure to beat the 3800 Trans-Siberian Orchestra got back in November eyesre4.gif For that I walked up 3 days before the show and got F5 Row 17. For Rush, tix have been on general sale 1 day and you cant get anything in the first 30 rows now

There is 2 months left before the show.. lots of people just don't make plans that far in advance.

Orlando seems to be selling better... more populous metro and closer to the Tampa-St. Pete market.

You know what really confuses me is that there is VERY little on radio or other media about what shows are coming to Jax... I work on construction sites and other places where the radio is on the local classic rock station 24/7 and have not heard a PEEP about Rush.

As a matter of fact, when I mentioned the concert date, a few of the guys told me I was on crack because Jax had banned them from coming back due to some riot at the last show...

You would think that the arena and the band's promoters would get the word out a little better than just the Rush website...

and here of course!

Jax only has 1 real classic rock station and they're really not very good. They pretty much just play the classic big hits over and over (especially southern rock) with very few deeper cuts. I have heard them play some Rush recently and they talked about the concert but it was real quick. I just happened to be tuning around and heard it. I rarely listen to them anymore because it's always the same songs. Heck, if it wasn't for this board, I probably wouldn't have even known Rush was coming to my home town! I've been spreading the word but I'm amazed at how many people havn't heard anything about it. It's still a couple months away...we'll see I guess.

It's a beautiful city in a beautiful area of the country but in some ways, it's got a long way to go to get into the 21st century.

Why are there still so many floor seats available for this show?! ohmy.gif I've only been living in this area for 5 years, so I don't know how well attended (or not) Rush shows have been in the past. Is this normal for Jacksonville? I guess I should've known when I was 1 of only 2 Rush fans standing in a long line at the Orange Park Mall TM outlet last Saturday morning. The rest of the ticket-buyers? Why, they were there for the Rascal Flatts show, of course! God forbid a country music act should play here and NOT sell out (or come *very* close to it). banghead.gif

QUOTE (Geddicorn @ Feb 6 2008, 10:13 AM)
Why are there still so many floor seats available for this show?! ohmy.gif I've only been living in this area for 5 years, so I don't know how well attended (or not) Rush shows have been in the past. Is this normal for Jacksonville? I guess I should've known when I was 1 of only 2 Rush fans standing in a long line at the Orange Park Mall TM outlet last Saturday morning. The rest of the ticket-buyers? Why, they were there for the Rascal Flatts show, of course! God forbid a country music act should play here and NOT sell out (or come *very* close to it). banghead.gif

Welcome to southeast Georgia!! I know they told you it's northeast Florida but they tricked you! doh.gif

Archived