All you Geddy lovers ;)

Cygnalschick

Edited by CygnusGal

If there lives were exotic and strange/they would likely have gladly exchanged/for something a little more plain/maybe something a little more sane/We each pay a faboulos price for our visions of paradise/but a spirit with a vision is a dream/with the mission--one of my favorite passages that ged sings--his voice is so smooth

sorry if i jacked up the lyrics

" Good News First" def has some smexy vocal parts from Geddy.

"Slipping" from my favorite headache is full of emotion I can hear the regret.

The break in Open Secrets where he sings " You could try to understand me, I could try to understand you" actually the whole song I love, now that im thinking about it.

Cold Fire has a cynical passion to it that Geddy conveys very well.

I've been totally digging the way he sounds on "The Wreckers" and "The Garden" just in general.

Especially on "The Wreckers" when he sings the line "a ghostly light..."

Yum.

hotdog.gif

Edited by gangsterfurious

I don't think I've ever heard a song he's sung that I didn't like. They all give me the shivers. tongue.gif Some that really come to mind that I really like are the obvious ones, like the end of 2112...

My spirits are low in the depths of despair

My lifeblood spills over..

And

"The Sphere" part of Hemispheres...

We can walk our road together

If our goals are all the same.

We can run alone and free

If we pursue a different aim.

Let the truth of love be lighted,

Let the love of truth shine clear.

Sensibility, armed with sense and liberty,

With the Heart and Mind united in a single perfect Sphere.

More recently The Way the Wind Blows, takes my breath away. I love the way he sings that song.

I'm liking a lot of the vocals of Clockwork Angels as well, but I don't care much for how they did the vocal tracks on this CD. They don't stand out enough.

QUOTE (EagleMoon @ Oct 5 2012, 12:46 AM)
More recently The Way the Wind Blows, takes my breath away. I love the way he sings that song.

Yes! I LOVE his vocals in this song, especially:

Like a solitary pine

On a barewind blasted shore

We can only grow the way the wind blows

In our elemental war

That right there is one of my favorite Geddy vocal parts

QUOTE (hastoloverush @ Sep 24 2011, 12:45 AM)
Well I still get really high when he sings on Sweet Miracles and breaks into the interlude...he is supposedly singing "salvation" but I can't hear it.
If I am not in love with that, then I am more in love with that thing he does with his lips...kinda like when they say you purse your lips...don't know how to describe it but that movement or motion of that sweet mouth of his caused me to FALL IN LOVE. Morphed from fan to fanatic.

hastoloverush.........I LOVE your comment about Geddy, and can totally relate to how you feel!!!!!!!!! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif wub.gif heart.gif drool1.gif wink.gif tongue.gif BTW, I LOVE "Sweet Miracle", too, and also love Geddy's voice in "Resist", "Halo Effect", "The Garden", "Different Strings" and "Losing It". wub.gif wub.gif heart.gif heart.gif Geddy's voice just MELTS me, basically!!!!!!!!! wub.gif firedevil.gif drool1.gif heart.gif

QUOTE (No1RushFan @ Oct 5 2012, 08:16 PM)
I LOVE all you New World Women!
LOVE LOVE LOVE

kishug.gif