Least Favorite Rush album?

redstar86

What is your least favorite Rush album?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite Rush album?

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Oct 5 2005, 05:37 PM)
Caress of steel....

I cant listen longer than Bastille day...

not even lakeside park? confused13.gif

no willows in the breeze? confused13.gif

i used to like ONLY bastille day and lakeside park on this album. after giving a bunch more listens in the last few months, i now also love the fountain of lamneth, but i had to work on it. i still don't like i think i'm going bald and the necromancer (other than in isolated moments), and i've had this album for about 23 years. lakeside park though always seemed like such an easy song to dig...

presto without a doubt, nearly every tune is bad (by rush standards). War Paint is embarrasing, Hand over Fist is like a Kylie minogue b-side. On the possitive side though, The Pass is a great song.

QUOTE (ZAPPA @ Oct 6 2005, 10:14 AM)
presto without a doubt, nearly every tune is bad (by rush standards). War Paint is embarrasing, Hand over Fist is like a Kylie minogue b-side. On the possitive side though, The Pass is a great song.

Just goes to show what a diverse group of people Rush relate to.

Presto is my favourite album of theirs and Hand Over Fist is easily in my top ten Rush songs.

For me, Vapor Trails left me stone cold. I really hope they don't follow that sound with the new album.

First of all let me say that I like all of Rush's albums. Some of them took time to grow on me. I didn't particulally like Power Windows and Hold Your Fire when i first heard them but now i love them. Same can be said for Presto and Roll the Bones. Actually, it wasnt until recently that i really started to appreciate them. Test for Echo took some time as well.

The only Rush album i don't have yet is Counterparts, but from what i've heard (live versions from DS & RiR) and from people's opinions, i think i'm going to like it. That being said i'd have to say Presto is Rush's weakest effort with Roll the Bones in close second (assuming i'll like Counterparts as much as i think i will).

I love every album from 2112 on... But I admit I at first didn't much care for certain ones, like Vapor Trails. I look back and ask myself what the hell was wrong with me! I love em. All of em. Presto HELL YEAH. Chain Lightning, The Pass, Hand Over Fist....Love em!!! I can't get enough!!! I stopped trying to compare them for my own sake. When people ask me waht my favorite is now, I usually blurt Power Windows or Counterparts out, then just a week later it will be different. Repeat Repeat Repeat laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Oct 6 2005, 12:50 PM)
I voted Signals.

Musically, it's up there, but i have the same reason a Slaine: WHERE DID ALEX GO? Maybe he did stay home for some of the songs.

But like i said, music on it is top-notch.

signals is my very favorite! if you really want to ask where alex went, for me it's vapor trails. i'm amazed that great albums like HYF get 8 votes when a really bad rush album like VT get 3. the expression "to each their own" seems to apply across the board to rush fans.

peace,

gary

I would consider The Pass as pretty remarkable, actually. lol. I don't like any of the other songs on the album, but The Pass is one of my favorite Rush songs of all time.

I had to vote Vapor Trails. The songs are good, but when I sit there and listen to them, it feels like there's something lacking. I think they lost a lot when Neil's tragedy happened. It just seemed like his heart wasn't into it anymore (but I did like Alex's guitar.) I also didn't care for Geddy's voice much of the album. I love it when he's high pitched, but I didn't find it appealing this time.

Archived