The Mood

yyz

It just makes whatever you are doing that much easier, less boring, more fun, less tedious...

I think James Brown said it best:

I feel good....yeah...I knew that I would now...

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jan 11 2005, 06:07 PM)
It just makes whatever you are doing that much easier, less boring, more fun, less tedious...

I think James Brown said it best:

I feel good....yeah...I knew that I would now...

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's aerobic (air drumming and guitar playing make for a good workout by my standards at least), and it exercises the brain.

Neil's lyrics often help me stand back and examine situations and scenarios. Coincidentally, as I read this, I'm listening to The Pass. QED.

I tend to come at this from the other direction. Like other artists or styles, what I listen to depends on my mood to start with. Melancholy, upbeat, joyful, cheesed-off - whatever, will affect my choice.

Must admit that Roll The Bones is a good uplifter when taken at face value. No point moping about, it says to me, things are as they are so get with it.

Cheers

Rush gets me thought the day, from the cold walks to school (-18 windchill yesterday... and I have a school uniform consisting of a kilt), to lunches playing cards with friends, through 4 hours of work, and its normally the last thing I listen to at night... set the stereo on sleep and go to bed.

Their music always puts me in a better mood!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 11 2005, 06:59 PM)
It's aerobic (air drumming and guitar playing make for a good workout by my standards at least), and it exercises the brain.

Neil's lyrics often help me stand back and examine situations and scenarios. Coincidentally, as I read this, I'm listening to The Pass. QED.

Well put. I agree.

I get how certain music seems to fit our various moods. But it's just not like that for me with Rush. Other music/artists... yes, but not Rush. They are so embedded as a part of my lifestyle that they have transcended fitting into certain moods.

However, the original post was from an opposite perspective - what mood does Rush put me in? Well... it is my therapy, my escape, my return to reality, my 'getting in touch with myself' (without using my hands tongue.gif), my getting my Adrenaline Surge fix, and my relaxation. It is everything. Rush is... every mood/emotion/perspective, etc. to me. No other artist, band, music genre, poet, writer, blah blah blah can encompass what they do. They are ALL.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 11 2005, 08:01 PM)
rather than their music putting me in a mood, usually I tailor my listening choices based on my mood.  cool.gif

Me too. Always at least one Rush CD in my 10-disc CD autochanger in the car.

I spend over 2 hours a day going to/from work and I need 2.gif music to put me in the right frame of mind - both directions.

Needless to say at the moment there are 10 2.gif CDs in said autochanger laugh.gif

QUOTE (deamhain @ Jan 12 2005, 10:00 AM)
I tend to come at this from the other direction. Like other artists or styles, what I listen to depends on my mood to start with. Melancholy, upbeat, joyful, cheesed-off - whatever, will affect my choice.

Must admit that Roll The Bones is a good uplifter when taken at face value. No point moping about, it says to me, things are as they are so get with it.

Cheers

I like that. applaudit.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 12 2005, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 11 2005, 08:01 PM)
rather than their music putting me in a mood, usually I tailor my listening choices based on my mood.  cool.gif

Me too. Always at least one Rush CD in my 10-disc CD autochanger in the car.

I spend over 2 hours a day going to/from work and I need 2.gif music to put me in the right frame of mind - both directions.

Needless to say at the moment there are 10 2.gif CDs in said autochanger laugh.gif

Same here. trink39.gif

I agree with Paganoman, with other music there are choices - different music/artists for different moods, but with Rush its different their music suits any mood amd I'm a very moody person! Rush gets me rockin', rush gets me nostalic, thoughtful, soothes when I'm wound up, cheers me up when I'm down and lifts me even higher when I'm up!

I'm off to a client now for a difficult meeting but switch on the car stereo - Rush

and I know it will be fine.....................and it was!!!

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jan 11 2005, 05:07 PM)

No way!! I've tried to work to Rush and it all goes horribly wrong - I need smooth music to give me the illusion that it not all going well.

I slap on a bit of Rush when I want a bit of intensity and integrity after work

At work I'm so in my own head space, really measured and slow, - so it's great to hear something intense (start of Sweet miracle at the mo) to break me out of that. But it has integrity, it people doing exactly what they want without compromise (which makes a break from the day).

And cos no-ine else likes it in my world, it's a bit of time to myself.

Most rush songs gets me excited. I get what I call "pumped up".............Like parts in red barchetta or digital man or analog kid, I will play air drums a lot.

To be honest, if I was in a hyper rush mood and someone that wasn't a rush-head was around, I would probably get on their nerves quick. Like when Peart would hit the splash cymbal, I would do the air drums in their face, so close they feel the air off of it, and miss them by about an inch, and never miss a beat. I wouldn't do that to a fellow Rush fan though. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 13 2005, 04:27 PM)
Most rush songs gets me excited. I get what I call "pumped up".............Like parts in red barchetta or digital man or analog kid, I will play air drums a lot.

To be honest, if I was in a hyper rush mood and someone that wasn't a rush-head was around, I would probably get on their nerves quick. Like when Peart would hit the splash cymbal, I would do the air drums in their face, so close they feel the air off of it, and miss them by about an inch, and never miss a beat. I wouldn't do that to a fellow Rush fan though. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Bull Sh*T !!! U did that to me ALLL the time..no matter what song is on...Hell u do that even to commercials..

Very Annoyin wacko.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jan 13 2005, 04:39 PM)

To be honest, if I was in a hyper rush mood and someone that wasn't a rush-head was around, I would probably get on their nerves quick. Like when Peart would hit the splash  cymbal, I would do the air drums in their face, so close they feel the air off of it, and miss them by about an inch, and never miss a beat. I wouldn't do that to a fellow Rush fan though.  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

Bull Sh*T !!! U did that to me ALLL the time..no matter what song is on...Hell u do that even to commercials..

Very Annoyin wacko.gif

OK Debbie Downer. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 13 2005, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jan 13 2005, 04:39 PM)

To be honest, if I was in a hyper rush mood and someone that wasn't a rush-head was around, I would probably get on their nerves quick. Like when Peart would hit the splash  cymbal, I would do the air drums in their face, so close they feel the air off of it, and miss them by about an inch, and never miss a beat. I wouldn't do that to a fellow Rush fan though.  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

Very Annoyin wacko.gif

OK Debbie Downer. rofl3.gif

Ur a jerk

Archived