What Rush song can make you cry?

rushgoober

What Rush song can make you cry like an overtired baby at an onion chopping festival?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What Rush song can make you cry like an overtired baby at an onion chopping festival?

• Stairway to Heaven
    • InAGaddaDaVida
    • My Humps
    • Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
    • Um, Goober, none of these appear to be actual RUSH songs. You ok, dude?
    • The Macarena
    • My Heart Will Go On (Long Theme From Titanic)
    • Seriously Goobs, I mean WTF???
    • Like A Virgin
    • Thriller
    • Should this poll even BE on this sub-forum? I mean, maybe the Rush forum would be more appropriate? Well, ok, I geuss not, but at least Grand Designs? I mean, this thread is kind of a stupid and pointless poll, even by Goober's standards.
    • Smoke On The Water
    • The 1812 Overture
    • Ok, this poll is clearly ridiculous, but I'd really like to welcome the Rush Is A Band refugees to our humble little corner of the internet.
    • Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2
    • Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
    • Gilligan's Island Theme Song
    • Free Bird
    • Could we have even one Rush song to choose from? C'mon man, do us a solid and give us at least ONE Rush song. I don't care if it's Tai Shan or even Dog Years!
    • Nope, it's my poll and you can't make me.
    • Please???
    • No. It's not gonna happen. Leave me alone!
    • Do you think Goober even knows he's having a conversation with himself?

i have to say ...

this definitely jives with the North American Standard

yes.gif

indeed

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jan 6 2008, 02:37 PM)

Yeah I'm the first post in this wonderful poll.  I voted for does Goober even know he is talking to himself.  My answer would be NO!

Me too. Although if there was a Rush song to vote for it would be Girls on Film (The Night Version) that makes me sob profusely. biggrin.gif

White Room, definitely. 1022.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jan 6 2008, 05:49 PM)
Stairway to Heaven gets me every time. It's kind of annoying, because I can't walk into a guitar shop without bawling.

Alex Lifeson's guitarwork on that song has oft been compared to another guitar great - Jimmy Page. yes.gif

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Jan 6 2008, 06:39 PM)
Hey Gary it's good to see the quality of your polls haven't slipped one bit.. Great Job!!!! 1022.gif

Nope, the quality of my polls has not changed. Now, whether that's a good thing or not - depends on who you ask! wink.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 6 2008, 10:54 PM)
Hey Gary it's good to see the quality of your polls haven't slipped one bit.. Great Job!!!! 1022.gif

Nope, the quality of my polls has not changed. Now, whether that's a good thing or not - depends on who you ask! wink.gif tongue.gif

Well I like em. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Jan 6 2008, 08:47 PM)

Thanks, man! trink39.gif

*Goes off to play his favorite Rush song in honor of MMFM - Smells Like Teen Spirit*

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 6 2008, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jan 6 2008, 05:49 PM)
Stairway to Heaven gets me every time. It's kind of annoying, because I can't walk into a guitar shop without bawling.

Alex Lifeson's guitarwork on that song has oft been compared to another guitar great - Jimmy Page. yes.gif

I thought that was Hope.

Oh well, tearjerker either way.

You forgot about Big Bottom where all three of them played bass on their Spinal Tap Tour. fists crying.gif Breaks me up everytime.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 6 2008, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Jan 6 2008, 08:47 PM)

Thanks, man! trink39.gif

*Goes off to play his favorite Rush song in honor of MMFM - Smells Like Teen Spirit*

laugh.gif good choice! yes.gif

Okay, taking the thread a little more serious than it's intended for. I was walking home from college (Cancelled) this morning through a shopping centre in Sheffield just as the shops and stuff were opening. It had been raining all last night and all morning and then the sun was just coming through, I went through the park too...

Listening to Mission on my iPod, the following lyrics just hit me, hard! I dunno, I felt "touched" by them in a way I haven't been before.

I watch their images flicker

Bringing light to a lifeless screen

I walk through their beautiful buildings

And I wish I had their dreams

But dreams don't need to have motion

To keep their spark alive

Obsession has to have action

Pride turns on the drive

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 7 2008, 03:17 AM)
Okay, taking the thread a little more serious than it's intended for. I was walking home from college (Cancelled) this morning through a shopping centre in Sheffield just as the shops and stuff were opening. It had been raining all last night and all morning and then the sun was just coming through, I went through the park too...

Listening to Mission on my iPod, the following lyrics just hit me, hard! I dunno, I felt "touched" by them in a way I haven't been before.

I watch their images flicker
Bringing light to a lifeless screen
I walk through their beautiful buildings
And I wish I had their dreams
But dreams don't need to have motion
To keep their spark alive
Obsession has to have action
Pride turns on the drive

I actually thought of this tread after listening to Armor & Sword and being really moved by how powerful it was. Then I thought of this poll, but I, um, kind of took it in a different direction. yes.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jan 6 2008, 02:37 PM)

Yeah I'm the first post in this wonderful poll. I voted for does Goober even know he is talking to himself. My answer would be NO!

laugh.gif I agree I think they changed his meds again laugh.gif

Archived