The Omega Guitar Stand

MrReasonable

Greetings fellow Rush fans,

I am trying to either purchase or aquire plans to build something similar to Alex's Omega stand. My band's singer wants to play a bit of guitar on stage but doesnt want to have to wear one, so I figured it was a good solution. To my amazement, ebay and musician's friend dont seem to stock anything close. Is it on the market or should I build one?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given. Quite a forum here.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll stick around beyond just asking this question!

Anyway, I was also pretty sure these things were easily available. My local guitar shop (Electro Music) stocks them, in fact some of the guitars in the shop are displayed on them. Have you tried just going into your local guitar shop and asking if they have one and if not if they can order you one?

• Like 1

I remember reading that Alex built his first guitar stand from one or two of Neil's old drum stands. I don't imagine it would be difficult to do. But yeah, like you I would love it if anyone has plans or can suggest a commercially-made stand that's readily available. I've been looking for one here in toe Toronto area with no luck at all.