Happiness is...

OriginalFan

I was looking over Kerry's test folder that comes home every week, and I noticed a quiz he had taken about a book the class read. Apparently it was set in the "olden days," because one of the questions was asking for a definition of "pioneer."

Kerry wrote: "Pioneers are sort of like hitchhikers, because they try to get rides with other people a lot."

rofl3.gif This is my VERY intelligent son who is in the gifted program...so I'm scratching my head about this - till this very morning I noticed that the pizza delivery ep of Spongebob was on. Guess what I just happened to hear Bob say?

"Squidward, I'll show you how the pioneers hitch-hiked."

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Guess I'd better tell my smart cookie to double-check facts he learns on Nickelodeon, eh? rofl3.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jan 11 2008, 07:12 PM)
...my mommy moment of this week happened last night.

I was trying to explain to one of my 8 year olds, what I do at work...Well mommy helps her boss balance peoples books..."do you know what that means"..."yes mommy it means you walk around with books on your head and keep them from falling icon_really_happy_guy.gif ... I couldn't speak anymore... laugh.gif

All day at work I kept thinking back to it and it kept me going  wub.gif

ohmy.gif i didn't know you were a book balancer too! trink39.gif

great story! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 17 2008, 07:35 AM)
I was looking over Kerry's test folder that comes home every week, and I noticed a quiz he had taken about a book the class read. Apparently it was set in the "olden days," because one of the questions was asking for a definition of "pioneer."

Kerry wrote: "Pioneers are sort of like hitchhikers, because they try to get rides with other people a lot."

rofl3.gif This is my VERY intelligent son who is in the gifted program...so I'm scratching my head about this - till this very morning I noticed that the pizza delivery ep of Spongebob was on. Guess what I just happened to hear Bob say?

"Squidward, I'll show you how the pioneers hitch-hiked."

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Guess I'd better tell my smart cookie to double-check facts he learns on Nickelodeon, eh? rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Jan 17 2008, 08:31 AM)
QUOTE (closer2heart @ Jan 17 2008, 06:52 AM)
I remember once I was trying to hide tears from my 3 yr old so I had sunglasses on....he spotted one tear on my cheek and pointed at it and said "mommy, what's that?" then he points his finger up and goes "wait, I'll get you a tissue"

which made me cry and laugh at the same time!  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif

How precious!

When I'm trying to hide tears from mine I tend to use the excuse, "no, sweetie, there's nothing wrong; mommy's just tired."

My kids are getting older and wiser; the other day I mentioned how tired I was and my youngest, 9, got very concerned and said, "are you going to start crying?"

Don't know what I'd do without my precious lambs... wub.gif

That is so funny....they forget NOTHING!!! heart.gif

So today I bring the 4 girls girls out shopping for Easter Shoes...now if that isn't enough I realize we are by TJ Maxx so my thought... lets quickly look... after 4 girls the Easter Dress for the baby looks a bit worn and maybe I can find something nice for a good price.

Well since I waited until the last minute, thinking I would be super mom and repair what I had, the pickings were slim but we found two really nice ones.

So all 4 girls and I go off to the dressing room to have the baby (2 yr old) try them one. The first one gets on she does 1/2 a twirl and has had enough of the first dress. So off it comes...okay dress #2.

This time she is a bit more into it...she really can't wait to get the dress on and I can't get it off the hanger quick enough, my oldest is doing her best to keep her happy and keep her diaper on as I get it ready to slip on her.

So we finally have her dressed - she is twriling in this little 2 by nothing fitting room - so I get the brilliant idea to move to the main area that has one of those 3 sided mirrors that you step up to. The baby has now morphed into Cinderella going to the ball and nothing is going to stop her until midnight hits.

She won't come back in the little room, she won't put her clothes back on - she is gripping at the dress, "no mommy me dress", okay you want this dress. "No mommy it me dress".

So that was it, this was going to be the Easter dress, I quickly instruct the older girls to grab the bags with the shoes and the jackets and follow mommy.

Yes the baby is still decked out in the Cinderella wear, under my one arm and my purse in the other. I make a be-line for the registers, wait a minute or two for our turn, we are up, the nice sales lady asks can I help you, yes we'll take this as I place the baby on the check out. At first she is looking at me like I'm nuts then smiles, people walking out of the store stop in laughter. At this point I'm holding the baby upside down to get the security tag off the dress without removing it from her body.

So we are done she's happy, I'm happy, the other girls are laughing so hard at what mom just did, we all go home happy, or should I say with our dreams come true - okay corny, but it works here. laugh.gif

After several hours and showing off for daddy, she takes the dress off to have some pizza so...now it's time to remove the tags and have it hung up for next week, would you know that dress that made my sweet baby dance and twirl like Cinderella is truly a Cinderella dress it is made by a company called Cinderella! wub.gif

Okay another mommy moment this week - with 4 girls they can come fast and furious.

So we are at the table, my oldest is doing her math homework (adding and subtracting negative numbers) being the mom I am I try and explain things to her in an 11 year old manner...

"The way to think about it is...let's say I already owe you five dollars and you..." as far as I got...Her face beams, her voice goes up, "You owe me five dollars?" laugh.gif

Pags and I lost it...good try kiddo...Gotta love the kid saving for an Ipod! wub.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 17 2008, 02:17 PM)
Okay another mommy moment this week - with 4 girls they can come fast and furious.

So we are at the table, my oldest is doing her math homework (adding and subtracting negative numbers) being the mom I am I try and explain things to her in an 11 year old manner...

"The way to think about it is...let's say I already owe you five dollars and you..." as far as I got...Her face beams, her voice goes up, "You owe me five dollars?" laugh.gif

Pags and I lost it...good try kiddo...Gotta love the kid saving for an Ipod! wub.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif Precious! wub.gif

owlswing, I read your Easter Dress Adventure laugh.gif

I could picture you in my mind holding your baby girl upside down trying to get that device off, and scanned icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Cinderella wub.gif you have to take a picture on Sunday and show us the infamous dress. Really, I just want to see your little beauty in it biggrin.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Mar 17 2008, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 17 2008, 02:17 PM)

"The way to think about it is...let's say I already owe you five dollars and you..." as far as I got...Her face beams, her voice goes up, "You owe me five dollars?"  laugh.gif

Pags and I lost it...good try kiddo...Gotta love the kid saving for an Ipod!  wub.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif Precious! wub.gif

owlswing, I read your Easter Dress Adventure laugh.gif

I could picture you in my mind holding your baby girl upside down trying to get that device off, and scanned icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Cinderella wub.gif you have to take a picture on Sunday and show us the infamous dress. Really, I just want to see your little beauty in it biggrin.gif wub.gif

yes.gif

What a classic story! I could picture it, too. The things we do just to keep the situation "under control." laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 17 2008, 05:34 PM)

yes.gif

What a classic story! I could picture it, too. The things we do just to keep the situation "under control."  laugh.gif

yes.gif yes.gif

I'm not sure, but I think I'm starting to miss those days! laugh.gif

Owlswing, you're a very wise mommy and I admire you!

Kismet

I have so many wonderful Mommy Moments. I could post five thousand times in here. One of my favorites is of our youngest, Sera, who is five, telling her dad off a few days ago. She asked where I was, and he told her he had called 1-800-NEW-MOMMY and traded me in. He said she put her hands on her hips and said, "Oh, yeah? Well, I'm calling 1-800-NEW-DADDY. How do you like that?"

Another one:

Sera had been out playing in the front yard, she came in, and I asked where she had been. She replied very matter-of-factly, "Banana Land." rofl3.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 17 2008, 08:38 PM)

Another one:

Sera had been out playing in the front yard, she came in, and I asked where she had been. She replied very matter-of-factly, "Banana Land."  rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

Its so cute when younger kids are sarcastic! But now that im older my dad doesnt laugh anymore when im sarcastic with him. I end up spending time doing the dishes scared.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 18 2008, 05:03 PM)

Another one:

Sera had been out playing in the front yard, she came in, and I asked where she had been. She replied very matter-of-factly, "Banana Land."  rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

Its so cute when younger kids are sarcastic! But now that im older my dad doesnt laugh anymore when im sarcastic with him. I end up spending time doing the dishes scared.gif

I know what you mean. You may all think its cute when they are young but as soon as they get older all of a sudden they have become smart asses. I cant figure you parents out.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 18 2008, 05:46 PM)

Another one:

rofl3.gif

I know what you mean. You may all think its cute when they are young but as soon as they get older all of a sudden they have become smart asses. I cant figure you parents out.

Don't try to figure parents out - you'll get us before you know it - and once you've had a few of your own - I am always saying sorry to my mom these days...each and everytime she said those words wait until you have kids of your own I have now learned was a slient curse of what was to come - but they sure do make for some funny mommy moments. laugh.gif

Sully - That is so cute - I love her sassy attitude laugh.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 18 2008, 06:11 PM)

Another one:

rofl3.gif

Don't try to figure parents out - you'll get us before you know it - and once you've had a few of your own - I am always saying sorry to my mom these days...each and everytime she said those words wait until you have kids of your own I have now learned was a slient curse of what was to come - but they sure do make for some funny mommy moments. laugh.gif

Well that wont be happening. Dont get me wrong, I love kids... it just isnt in the cards for me.

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 18 2008, 04:11 PM)

Another one:

rofl3.gif

gee, i wonder where she gets it...

tongue.gif

btw, banana land rocks! common001.gif

Happiness is seeing the look on your baby girl's face when she finds out the Tooth Fairy has been for the first time! wub.gif wub.gif My baby girl lost her first tooth two weeks ago!!!! I cant believe she's almost 6 yrs old ohmy.gif But she's a RUSH chick too...takes after her mummy!!! applaudit.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (RockAngel @ Mar 19 2008, 12:12 AM)
Happiness is seeing the look on your baby girl's face when she finds out the Tooth Fairy has been for the first time! wub.gif wub.gif My baby girl lost her first tooth two weeks ago!!!! I cant believe she's almost 6 yrs old ohmy.gif But she's a RUSH chick too...takes after her mummy!!! applaudit.gif hug2.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Those milestones are the absolute best. I have two Rush chicks and a Rush dude myself. It's indescribable having my love of music in common with all three of my children. You worry that they look at you and think, "You embarrass me." At least I know that I have this one, very important and very healthy thing to share with them. It fills my heart to the brim when they want to borrow my CD's. Patrick has abducted all of my Tragically Hip, Police and Rush collection. And, what does he do with them? He loads them on to his XBox. eyesre4.gif Oh, well. Subliminal messages of good music is OK, isn't it?

My 12 year old Son refuses to say I Love You to anyone or give hugs or kisses. Once in a great while he will say I L You. Always makes my day.

Another one:

rofl3.gif

It's not so hard to figure out, really. When kids are young, they say things without guile or sarcasm...they're trying to figure out who they are, and I think good parents allow that growth to happen.

When they reach a certain age (which mine haven't gotten to yet, BTW) and you KNOW that they know what's acceptable and what's not, and they throw in sarcasm at the wrong time...yes, a good parent is going to see that as a lack of respect and react accordingly, IMO.

I try very hard to respect my children while also nurturing them. I expect them to respect me in return.

Plus, I just love the little guys to death. That's where it all begins.

On Monday, I went to a P.E. class with Moo.

There was about 5 sets of parents that actually showed up, and I was the only parent out there jump roping with my little girl.

The smile on her face was the best, and I carried her to class with her little face snuggled into my neck. I heard a whisper "I love you, mommy". wub.gif

She did get a good laugh when my pants tried to fall down when I was jumping rope with her! z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Mar 19 2008, 09:32 AM)
On Monday, I went to a P.E. class with Moo. 

There was about 5 sets of parents that actually showed up, and I was the only parent out there jump roping with my little girl.

The smile on her face was the best, and I carried her to class with her little face snuggled into my neck.  I heard a whisper "I love you, mommy".  wub.gif

She did get a good laugh when my pants tried to fall down when I was jumping rope with her!  z7shysterical.gif

Awwww. Sweet. wub.gif

But, I'm laughing at the image of you with your pants falling down. rofl3.gif

Last night when my 9 year old daughter stopped while she was walking by the kitchen reached up to me and said I didn't kiss you since you came home, and then she did.

Daddy moment, hope it still counts.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 19 2008, 03:22 PM)
Last night when my 9 year old daughter stopped while she was walking by the kitchen reached up to me and said I didn't kiss you since you came home, and then she did.

Daddy moment, hope it still counts.

I would say it counts. But the ladies have to confirm that tongue.gif

Archived