Happiness is...

OriginalFan

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jun 28 2008, 08:16 PM)
I had a rather odd mommy moment today. The older girls were out with dad and the baby was sleeping so I went up in yet again to clean up the twins bed room.

Much to my dismay I wasn't making much head way and getting more and more angry at the mess two little girls can make. Finally I heard the baby stiring and had to leave the room in fustration. As I was walking out I stepped on a polly doll and that little sucker really hurt my foot, but I stopped short of swearing dispite a puncture mark in my foot.

For some reason at that moment I heard my Grandmother voice telling me be happy you have them. I thought of those words for a moment. Although cleaning up after them is harder than shoveling during a blizzard, every toy, every pile of dirty clothes, the stack of half read books and movies not put away showed me my girls were having fun.

Someday they won't leave all that stuff laying around and even further down the road someday they will have packed their stuff and moved on to homes of their own.

So silently I closed their door to hide the remaining mess until another day and went to get the baby and play dolls.

I may not stop wanting the toys picked up and put away, but I do know this - I will look at them differently hoping the clock goes slowly until the day the toys are gone. wub.gif

Thank you for posting this, D. I really needed to hear it. Right now I'm trying to drown out the memories of fussing at Kerry to "pick up these Legos or I'm going to give them all away!" What a great way to look at this situation...

hug2.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Jun 29 2008, 02:35 AM)
being in harmony with nature. 2.gif 1022.gif

Dude, I don't want to harsh your buzz or anything, but this is a "mommy moments" (or daddy moments) thread. smile.gif

You could post these cool things in the "What made your day" thread in Random Samples. smile.gif

My kids asked me if they could do house work today. Moo is sweeping the kitchen so she can mop it, and Erica is vacuuming the floors...

They actually ASKED! What did I do to deserve such sweet children?! I feel bad because I should be doing it...

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jul 7 2008, 01:58 PM)
My kids asked me if they could do house work today. Moo is sweeping the kitchen so she can mop it, and Erica is vacuuming the floors...

They actually ASKED! What did I do to deserve such sweet children?! I feel bad because I should be doing it...

That's awsome wub.gif

- when my girls start doing that I start asking "okay what do you want?" laugh.gif only 6 out of 10 times are they looking for something in return. I guess that's not too bad. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 26 2008, 10:57 PM)
Tyler mowed the lawn for me today. wub.gif trink36.gif

trink39.gif

This is bittersweet...

I know it might sound silly, but my oldest son and I have always jokingly "measured" our feet against each others', and ever since he was a little boy I've said, "Wow, Kerry...one day your foot's going to be bigger than mine!" I have so many memories of those pudgy little feet - you moms know what I mean.

At the beginning of the summer we were about the same...and tonight, I was looking at him - tousled blonde hair, braces, tanned and handsome, and I said, "Put your foot up against mine..."

His is bigger - by at least an inch. My little boy is becoming a young man. heart.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 4 2008, 08:56 PM)
This is bittersweet...

I know it might sound silly, but my oldest son and I have always jokingly "measured" our feet against each others', and ever since he was a little boy I've said, "Wow, Kerry...one day your foot's going to be bigger than mine!" I have so many memories of those pudgy little feet - you moms know what I mean.

At the beginning of the summer we were about the same...and tonight, I was looking at him - tousled blonde hair, braces, tanned and handsome, and I said, "Put your foot up against mine..."

His is bigger - by at least an inch. My little boy is becoming a young man. heart.gif

That kid will continue to make you proud. Of this I have absolutely zero doubt. smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 4 2008, 08:01 PM)
This is bittersweet...

I know it might sound silly, but my oldest son and I have always jokingly "measured" our feet against each others', and ever since he was a little boy I've said, "Wow, Kerry...one day your foot's going to be bigger than mine!"  I have so many memories of those pudgy little feet - you moms know what I mean.

His is bigger - by at least an inch.  My little boy is becoming a young man.  heart.gif

That kid will continue to make you proud. Of this I have absolutely zero doubt. smile.gif

Oh ~M. hug2.gif What a bittersweet day. There are tears in the eyes and a smile on the face. hug2.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Aug 4 2008, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 4 2008, 08:01 PM)
This is bittersweet...

I know it might sound silly, but my oldest son and I have always jokingly "measured" our feet against each others', and ever since he was a little boy I've said, "Wow, Kerry...one day your foot's going to be bigger than mine!"  I have so many memories of those pudgy little feet - you moms know what I mean.

His is bigger - by at least an inch.  My little boy is becoming a young man.  heart.gif

Oh ~M. hug2.gif What a bittersweet day. There are tears in the eyes and a smile on the face. hug2.gif

Thanks, J. And D... hug2.gif

I got this email today from Kerry's new teacher (today was the first day of school):

Hello!  I just wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying getting to know Kerry.  He is such a sweet and compassionate young man with a zest for learning!  I know he is going to do very well in 5th grade.

I wanted to let you know that we had a guidance lesson with the counselor today on empathy and walking in another person's shoes.  In the midst of the lesson, Kerry shared with the class about his brother.  [editorial comment - our younger son has autism] I wanted to tell you how impressed I was with Kerry's maturity and willingness to share his own situation with our class so early in the school year.  I am also excited to know that he felt comfortable and safe within our classroom to share.

I just can't brag on Kerry enough!  I know you are very proud of him!  I am so excited to be able to work with him this year and to see him grow both academically and emotionally.

I hope you have a wonderful day!  We have had a great day here!

There are no words to adequately express how proud I am of my son today.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 7 2008, 10:56 PM)
I got this email today from Kerry's new teacher (today was the first day of school):

Hello!  I just wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying getting to know Kerry.  He is such a sweet and compassionate young man with a zest for learning!  I know he is going to do very well in 5th grade.

I wanted to let you know that we had a guidance lesson with the counselor today on empathy and walking in another person's shoes.  In the midst of the lesson, Kerry shared with the class about his brother.  I wanted to tell you how impressed I was with Kerry's maturity and willingness to share his own situation with our class so early in the school year.  I am also excited to know that he felt comfortable and safe within our classroom to share.

I just can't brag on Kerry enough!  I know you are very proud of him!  I am so excited to be able to work with him this year and to see him grow both academically and emotionally.

WOW!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I wanted to let you know that we had a guidance lesson with the counselor today on empathy and walking in another person's shoes.  In the midst of the lesson, Kerry shared with the class about his brother.  [editorial comment - our younger son has autism] I wanted to tell you how impressed I was with Kerry's maturity and willingness to share his own situation with our class so early in the school year.  I am also excited to know that he felt comfortable and safe within our classroom to share.

I'll bet that teacher doesn't email every parent after the first day of school to say how impressed they are with a student. But Kerry sure has a habit of making an immediate impression on people, doesn't he? smile.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 7 2008, 07:59 PM)

I wanted to let you know that we had a guidance lesson with the counselor today on empathy and walking in another person's shoes.  In the midst of the lesson, Kerry shared with the class about his brother.  I wanted to tell you how impressed I was with Kerry's maturity and willingness to share his own situation with our class so early in the school year.  I am also excited to know that he felt comfortable and safe within our classroom to share.

WOW!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

WOW is right! 653.gif that's gotta feel good! cool.gif way to go, Kerry cheer.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 4 2008, 05:56 PM)
This is bittersweet...

laugh.gif me and my oldest son, Tyler, do that comparison too,

'cept with our hands. he overtook me, by FAR, during the last 2 years. ohmy.gif

he's 6'1" and he just turned 15 last month. wub.gif

i call him [dramatic pause] "Mega-Me" cool.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 7 2008, 10:03 PM)

i call him [dramatic pause]  "Mega-Me"  cool.gif

rofl3.gif That's so cute!

I had a proud moment with the Meister at our last 2.gif show back in June in St. Louis, I don't remember if I shared it here nor not... it's not one of those piercingly precious, heartwarming moments, but a proud mommy moment nevertheless:

During the pre-show music, a recording of King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King came on, and the Meister turned to the folks sitting next to us and said, "Cool - King Crimson at a Rush concert. I love this song!" And proceeded to sing along ("the black queen chants the funeral march; the cracked brass bell will ring, to summon back the Fire Witch to for the Court of the Crimson King... ahh ah ahhh, ahh ah ahhhh.... " - what fantasy-reading kid wouldn't love those lyrics? laugh.gif) Needless to say those guys were pretty impressed that my precious, skinny little 10-year old son knew King Crimson! I felt ridiculously proud; don't ask me why... wub.gif

Yeah, silly, I know...

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Aug 7 2008, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 7 2008, 10:03 PM)

i call him [dramatic pause]  "Mega-Me"  cool.gif

rofl3.gif That's so cute!

I had a proud moment with the Meister at our last 2.gif show back in June in St. Louis, I don't remember if I shared it here nor not... it's not one of those piercingly precious, heartwarming moments, but a proud mommy moment nevertheless:

During the pre-show music, a recording of King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King came on, and the Meister turned to the folks sitting next to us and said, "Cool - King Crimson at a Rush concert. I love this song!" And proceeded to sing along ("the black queen chants the funeral march; the cracked brass bell will ring, to summon back the Fire Witch to for the Court of the Crimson King... ahh ah ahhh, ahh ah ahhhh.... " - what fantasy-reading kid wouldn't love those lyrics? laugh.gif) Needless to say those guys were pretty impressed that my precious, skinny little 10-year old son knew King Crimson! I felt ridiculously proud; don't ask me why... wub.gif

Yeah, silly, I know...

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

Rolinda Bonz, OriginalFan

cosmo.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 7 2008, 10:58 PM)

WOW is right! 653.gif that's gotta feel good! cool.gif way to go, Kerry cheer.gif

wub.gif That teacher is in for the treat of a school year with Kerry. A truly remarkable young man wise beyond his years. wub.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Aug 8 2008, 07:39 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 7 2008, 10:58 PM)

wub.gif That teacher is in for the treat of a school year with Kerry. A truly remarkable young man wise beyond his years. wub.gif

Thanks guys. wub.gif

My oldest daughter just made me so proud today!

Here's the background...She began middle school this year and ended up with the toughest science teacher in the whole school. This is according to other parents and teachers not the students. So the year moves on and about a month ago, we get her progress report saying she is in danger of failing the class for the first marking period. ohmy.gif

She gets the talk about having to bring her grades up and she'll be in danger of much more than failing the class, but her social life is over as she knows it.

So for the last month she has been working her butt off on science projects. In the process teaching me more than I ever really needed to know about space. laugh.gif

Today she came home with the contracts and grades. She pulled it off - she has earned more than enough points from projects, quizes and test to get an"A"

I am so happy and proud of you my munchkin!!!!!!!!!! wub.gif

Now maybe she can help her mom I had this in the wrong thread - don't I feel dumb! sad.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Nov 10 2008, 07:43 PM)
My oldest daughter just made me so proud today!

Here's the background...She began middle school this year and ended up with the toughest science teacher in the whole school. This is according to other parents and teachers not the students. So the year moves on and about a month ago, we get her progress report saying she is in danger of failing the class for the first marking period. ohmy.gif

She gets the talk about having to bring her grades up and she'll be in danger of much more than failing the class, but her social life is over as she knows it.

So for the last month she has been working her butt off on science projects. In the process teaching me more than I ever really needed to know about space. laugh.gif

Today she came home with the contracts and grades. She pulled it off - she has earned more than enough points from projects, quizes and test to get an"A"

I am so happy and proud of you my munchkin!!!!!!!!!! wub.gif

Now maybe she can help her mom I had this in the wrong thread - don't I feel dumb! sad.gif wink.gif

wub.gif Congratulations! An 'A'! That's great, owlswing.

This was just too funny not to share.

I was leading my class in a discussion of what they were thankful for, so they could write about it. One of the little guys said "I'm thankful for Indians and Leprechauns!"

I had to really think about that one. What in the world was he thinking?

Think about what a pilgrim looks like.

Now think about what a Leprechaun looks like.

He meant pilgrims! z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Nov 17 2008, 11:21 PM)
This was just too funny not to share.
I was leading my class in a discussion of what they were thankful for, so they could write about it. One of the little guys said "I'm thankful for Indians and Leprechauns!"

I had to really think about that one. What in the world was he thinking?

Think about what a pilgrim looks like.
Now think about what a Leprechaun looks like.

He meant pilgrims! z7shysterical.gif

That is adorable!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

and he's right ya know! laugh.gif

Archived