They BLEW it!!

Slime

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PUNT BAMA PUNT!!!

December 2, 1972... Alabama was ranked #2 in the nation and was expected to be playing for the National Championship in their bowl game and were a prohibitive favorite over the Auburn Tigers. Alabama held a 16-0 lead going into the fourth quarter where Auburn finally managed to get a field goal. The stage was then set for what is perhaps the most miraculous comeback in Auburn history as they blocked two succesive punts by Alabama and returned them both for touchdowns and gained a 17-16 victory!

Watch the video highlights here... WAR EAGLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wOuydrqW4Q

Edited by rushbass

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 5 2008, 05:27 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Jan 4 2008, 11:15 PM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jan 4 2008, 10:24 PM)
1993 Playoffs - Houston blows a 35-3 third quarter  lead against the Bills -

That game is being replayed right this moment on ESPN classic (or the NFL channel).

I remember that one...crazy game. My best friend at the time was a huge Bill's fan and he shut the game off at halftime laugh.gif He didn't find out what happened til the next morning when his dad told him wacko.gif

I'm a Bills fan and I was watching this live too. I nearly switched off at HT too

but I didn't laugh.gif

I remember thinking that they too blew it, as they took a 38-35 lead only for the Oilers to square it up with a FG. But then they went on to win 41-38.

I have this game on video tape - somewhere unsure.gif

the turning point in this game was replacing Jim Kelly with Frank Reich. What a move. Anyway it was all to little avail as they got beat by a big score in the SB by Dallas.

Edited by rickyrob

gosh, As a Cleveland fan this could take awhile to gather my notes! wink.gif

For right now i'll just mention the most recent.

Browns just needed to beat Cincinnati to make playoffs Derek Anderson throws 4 interceptions and rest of team plays uninspired and Cleveland gets embrassed and goes down in flames, Cleveland needing a Colts victory over the Titans to back there way into playoffs Indy rest Peyton and key first string players majority of the game, Tennessee gets victory and makes playoffs instead of Browns.

Indians dominate Bosox in 07 ALCS three games to one, on the verge of returning to World series for the first time since 1997(That's another They BLEW it!! story) Cleveland goes to Boston and completely unravels and lose three straight.

I could mention Cavs getting swept by the Spurs in 07 NBA finals but that was expected no contest.

to be continued....

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jan 4 2008, 11:26 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2008, 06:58 PM)
The New York Yankees in the 2004 American League Championship Series.  How can you be 3 games up to none and lose the series?  I still feel sick in the stomach to this day.  angry.gif

That's my all time favorite. tongue.gif

My least favorite is last years blown hold by phenom Romo at SEA. angry.gif

smile.gif

1980 NFL playoff game Browns vs Raiders

The infamous "Red Right 88"

Cleveland stadium 4 degrees,

Browns driving less then 40 seconds to go in game on Oakland's 13 yard line 4th down instead of going for field goal which would more then likely win the game for the kardiac kids Sipe makes the call to pass and get touchdown to seal it. "Red Right 88" Of course he gets intercepted in endzone and Oakland wins 14-12. (Which i believe they went on to be first wild card team to win superbowl)

Edited by softfilter

I don't get youtube at work...so if this one was mentioned...I apologize.

But as a White Sox fan, I still enjoy the whole Bartman incident from the 2003 NLCS. The Cubs were 5 outs away from the world series! z7shysterical.gif

I still remember watching game 7 of that series and laughing at every foul ball, because you'd swear it was a turd going into the stands instead of a baseball. Nobody wanted to touch a foul ball that night. laugh.gif

1987 AFC championship

Denver vs Cleveland

Cleveland Stadium

"The Drive" John Elway 98 yards of misery still to painful.. sad.gif

Broncos 23

Browns 20 O.T.

QUOTE (Slime @ Jan 8 2008, 08:51 AM)
Any video?

I can't find it it on youtube sorry.

Not sure i want to see it again anyway, smolders painfully on my memory. sad.gif

Edited by softfilter

Hmmm, probably the 2004 Yankees squad choking on a 3-0 lead in the ALCS after crushing the Red Sox 19-8 at Fenway in game 3. The Sox stormed back, winning the next 4 in a row to advance to the World Series for the first time since 1986, where they then swept the Cardinals to win their first WS since 1918.

Of course, since I am a Sox fan, I'm glad the Yanks blew it.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 7 2008, 01:46 PM)
I don't get youtube at work...so if this one was mentioned...I apologize.

But as a White Sox fan, I still enjoy the whole Bartman incident from the 2003 NLCS.  The Cubs were 5 outs away from the world series!  z7shysterical.gif

I still remember watching game 7 of that series and laughing at every foul ball, because you'd swear it was a turd going into the stands instead of a baseball.  Nobody wanted to touch a foul ball that night.  laugh.gif

Nobody remembers the way the Cubs played after that happened either (i.e. like crap), the REAL reason they never went to the WS that year. What did they give up 8 runs that inning alone? That's no foul ball effect. Plus they had another whole game to try and beat the Marlins but couldn't.

Poor Bartman, think he can ever go into a Chicago bar again?

Edited by Del_Duio

MatM

Hope the link works.

This is the Miracle at the Meadowlands with Herman Edwards, Larry Csonka and Joe Pisarcik (sp?) creating some football madness.

Edited by Ancient Ways

If you search YouTube for "The Best Damn Sports Show Top 50", you'll find links to parts 1-6 of TBDSS's Top 50 Most Memorable plays, including plenty of screwups (Leon Lett is in there twice!)