They BLEW it!!

Slime

Everyone has seen a sports team blow it after having what seemed to be an insurmountable lead (whether seasonal or just in one game).

My question is thus: What, in your opinion, is the WORST screw up you've ever seen? What game, season or other sporting time frame did you witness the biggest "I can't believe they BLEW IT!" you've ever seen?

As a Habs fan, I'm quite used to seeing my guys screw up after obtaining perfectly winnable games, but it happens often enough that it only gets a small mention here.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis Eckersley Eck-cellent Again

A 7-1 record, a 1.91 ERA, and an American League-best 51 saves earned Dennis Eckersley a special double salute -- he won both the Cy Young and Most Valuable Player trophies. "Eck" failed to convert only three save opportunities during the regular season. While he enjoyed his sixth straight top season out of the bullpen, he unfortunately blew a critical one in game four of the ALCS as Toronto beat the A's and went to the 1992 World Series.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jan 4 2008, 10:24 PM)
1993 Playoffs - Houston blows a 35-3 third quarter lead against the Bills -

That game is being replayed right this moment on ESPN classic (or the NFL channel).

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2008, 06:58 PM)
The New York Yankees in the 2004 American League Championship Series. How can you be 3 games up to none and lose the series? I still feel sick in the stomach to this day. angry.gif

That's my all time favorite. tongue.gif

My least favorite is last years blown hold by phenom Romo at SEA. angry.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 4 2008, 11:15 PM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jan 4 2008, 10:24 PM)
1993 Playoffs - Houston blows a 35-3 third quarter  lead against the Bills -

That game is being replayed right this moment on ESPN classic (or the NFL channel).

I remember that one...crazy game. My best friend at the time was a huge Bill's fan and he shut the game off at halftime laugh.gif He didn't find out what happened til the next morning when his dad told him wacko.gif