A Message from NEIL PEART

afansince74

An email from RUSH.COM:

To anyone who bought a copy of The Masked Rider in Milwaukee on the 30th

Anniversary Tour.

A new trade paperback edition of my first book, The Masked Rider, was put on

sale for the first time at the Marcus Amphitheatre in Milwaukee on June 7th,

2004. After the show, when I had a chance to look over the book carefully, I

realized it had been produced with serious flaws (no photos, wrong maps, various

typographical and design errors, missing portions of text).

I immediately stopped its sale and had the rest of the printing destroyed, but I

feel bad for the unfortunate few who bought copies that night. A corrected

second edition has now been produced and put on sale, and I would like to

replace those first defective paperbacks with an autographed hardcover copy of

the proper new second edition.

Please send your defective copy to the address below, and we will make it

right.

With apologies,

Neil Peart

Showtech Merchandising Inc.

1011 Upper Middle Road East, Suite C3

Oakville, Ontario, Canada

L6H 5Z9

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 10 2005, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 10 2005, 05:55 PM)
Don't send it back!!! It will be worth more in the future!!! yes.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing. Definatly a worthy peice of Rush memorabilia having something recalled after only being on the shelves 1 night.

Excellent Point! trink39.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing. Definatly a worthy peice of Rush memorabilia having something recalled after only being on the shelves 1 night.

Hmmmm....what's more valuable? A potential big-money eBay collectible Masked Rider defective edition, or a personally autographed new copy? I can't decide...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 10 2005, 07:37 PM)

Hmmmm....what's more valuable? A potential big-money eBay collectable Masked Rider defective edition, or a personally autographed new copy? I can't decide...

Maybe a defective copy signed by The Professor saying 'Sorry!'.

laugh.gif

Hmmmm....what's more valuable? A potential big-money eBay collectable Masked Rider defective edition, or a personally autographed new copy? I can't decide...

Keep the defective copy for prosperity and buy a new copy to have autographed or read or whatever but keep the defective one!!! what are they going to do with them? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 10 2005, 10:43 PM)

Hmmmm....what's more valuable? A potential big-money eBay collectible Masked Rider defective edition, or a personally autographed new copy? I can't decide...

Keep the defective copy for prosperity and buy a new copy to have autographed or read or whatever but keep the defective one!!! what are they going to do with them? confused13.gif

I'm thinking Neil doesn't want anyone to own a defective version of his work. He's obviously a person who takes great pride in everything he does, whether it's his music or his literary work. He feels if someone is willing to plunk down money for something he created, they should have an accurate copy of it. I'm sure he's aware that some will chose to keep it as a collectible, either to keep or to try and cash in on it. He's just giving people the option of obtaining a correct copy at no additional cost should they choose to.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 10 2005, 06:05 PM)
Damn, too bad I didn't go to that show. Events like this are reasons why I love the band.

I said the same thing! autographed book! Wicked! trink36.gif

I just glad I'm not the printer who did that - that's a bad day at the office - as a printer you just can't go more wrong than that.

I sorry that anyone has to have a book, created with blood and sweat, that's not right.

Yeah send it back, you wouldn't want a bad example of your work out there

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 11 2005, 03:40 AM)

Maybe a defective copy signed by The Professor saying 'Sorry!'.

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 10 2005, 07:41 PM)
...tears pages out of his book...

Now, why didn't *I* think of that?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 10 2005, 10:52 PM)
I'm thinking Neil doesn't want anyone to own a defective version of his work. He's obviously a person who takes great pride in everything he does, whether it's his music or his literary work. He feels if someone is willing to plunk down money for something he created, they should have an accurate copy of it.

An admirable quality, without question. No wonder GG loves him so much laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 11 2005, 09:16 AM)
I'm thinking Neil doesn't want anyone to own a defective version of his work. He's obviously a person who takes great pride in everything he does, whether it's his music or his literary work. He feels if someone is willing to plunk down money for something he created, they should have an accurate copy of it.

An admirable quality, without question. No wonder GG loves him so much laugh.gif

Exactly. That, and his biceps.

drool1.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 11 2005, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 11 2005, 09:16 AM)

Exactly. That, and his biceps.

drool1.gif

wink.gif

I thought it was his calves?

Archived