2112 Tourbook

afansince74

Does anyone here own a copy of the 2112 tourbook? I'm looking for someone who might have scanned images into their computer from this book. Or someone who might be willing to scan them for me? Like pictures, back cover, etc. I'm trying to complete a project I started several years ago, and this one tourbook is the last one I need to complete it! Even just some info on the contents of the book would be helpful. Other than the writtings, I don't even know for sure if there are any pictures or anything else inside! I'm just fishing here! wink.gif and thanks, in advance! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 9 2005, 03:58 PM)
2112 Tourbook

As posted by BSG.

The Power Windows website also has scans from tourbooks and other similar resources.

Appreciate that Madra. But unless something has changed lately (and I just double-checked again just now), neither TRF nor Power Windows has anything more than the tourbook covers. I'm trying to create a kind of "e-Tourbook" that encompasses all their books, from 2112 to R30, and is organized in order, as if you were looking at the real thing. Although I own them all and have most of the images scanned already (except 2112, of course!), I want to make this into a personal "coffee table book" to browse thru at my lessure, without having to pull out the originals and risk damage to them. I know that probably sounds silly to some of you, but that's just my little thing. wacko.gif I did this years ago with lyrics and have added to it with each new Lp. I hope to do the same thing with the tourbooks. That's specifically what I'm trying to do. And thanks for trying to help RR, Madra yes.gif

I am currently bidding on 2 tourbooks on ebay...Signals and Power Windows...And I was also looking at the Permanent Waves one as well...I HOPE I WIN THEM...i have 6 tourbooks noit including the ones I have mentioned...

Hold Your Fire

Roll the Bones

Counterparts

Test for Echo

Vapor Trails

R30

I wish I had the Presto book as well, but there are none for sale on ebay...however they do have a very interesting itenirary book...but I want the tourbooks or programmes if you will!

I have got the 2112 tourbook, as well as the Farewell to Kings one, which someone, knowing how big a Rush fan I am, gave to me. Alas, my scanner is in a state of non-function at present else I'd be glad to scan the damn thing for you

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jan 10 2005, 01:01 PM)
I have got the 2112 tourbook, as well as the Farewell to Kings one, which someone, knowing how big a Rush fan I am, gave to me. Alas, my scanner is in a state of non-function at present else I'd be glad to scan the damn thing for you

Man, that "someone" of yours is pretty damn cool!! Hey, thanks for the offer Slain! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Maybe if I haven't got this thing done by the time you get your scanner back into a state of full-function, I'll take you up on that! But in the meantime, can you tell me anything about it? Is it similar, say, to the AF2K or HEM tourbooks, as far as layout, pics, etc.? Just curious, being that I've never seen one!

To be honest, I can't remember, its been so long since I've had it out of its safe place (necessary with a 4 year old and a 2 year old in the house). Plus, at the moment, this safe place is inaccessible without a major rearrangement of furniture.

As far as I remember, it was a smaller format than the other Rush tour books and the majority of pictures were black and white or blue and white or red and white if you get what I mean.

If I get the scanner running and a path to my collection opens, I'll definitely scan it for you.

You can find the tourbook for 2112 (including the contents) at this site.

All of the other tourbooks and their contents are at

http://www.nmsmirror.com/HTML/tourbook.html

Enjoy! I have read every last word in each of them! However, if you want the flesh and blood book from '76, I wouldn't know where else to begin other than eBay. I wasn't even around in '76.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jan 11 2005, 12:44 PM)
To be honest, I can't remember, its been so long since I've had it out of its safe place (necessary with a 4 year old and a 2 year old in the house).  Plus, at the moment, this safe place is inaccessible without a major rearrangement of furniture.

As far as I remember, it was a smaller format than the other Rush tour books and the majority of pictures were black and white or blue and white or red and white if you get what I mean.

If I get the scanner running and a path to my collection opens, I'll definitely scan it for you.

Thanks Slain. I appreciate that! I know the feeling. I've got a 4 yr old running around myself. That's one of many reasons I want to make this "replacable" coffee table tourbook collection. Thanks for the insite as to the content. For all I knew, there wasn't anything inside! no.gif Anyway, thanks again! yes.gif biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Jan 12 2005, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jan 11 2005, 12:44 PM)
To be honest, I can't remember, its been so long since I've had it out of its safe place (necessary with a 4 year old and a 2 year old in the house).  Plus, at the moment, this safe place is inaccessible without a major rearrangement of furniture.

Thanks Slain. I appreciate that! I know the feeling. I've got a 4 yr old running around myself. That's one of many reasons I want to make this "replacable" coffee table tourbook collection. Thanks for the insite as to the content. For all I knew, there wasn't anything inside! no.gif Anyway, thanks again! yes.gif biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Did you miss my offer? It's here on my desk!

The Companion

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Jan 11 2005, 01:25 PM)
Sure, I've got it! Sure, I'll scan it! What do you want from it?

The Companion

Thanks Companion! If you read my earlier post here, I'm making a printable, electronic version of each tourbook, scanning each one, cover to cover and in order, to try to keep each of them as true to their original layout and format as possible. I have the front cover and all the writtings, but that's it. So I guess what I was wanting, if it's not too much trouble, are scanned images from the tourbook, as you would see them if you were looking at the book, page by page, including the back cover. I also need to know their respective order. WOW! I just re-read that.... I'm a needy little bastard, aren't I ?! sad.gif Anyway, I know that's a lot to ask, but anything you might be able to do would be greatly appreciated! After reading all this, if you're still interested, let me know or PM me. And if not, thanks anyway,... to you all! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (redstar86 @ Jan 11 2005, 06:01 PM)
You can find the tourbook for 2112 (including the contents) at this site.

All of the other tourbooks and their contents are at
http://www.nmsmirror.com/HTML/tourbook.html

Enjoy! I have read every last word in each of them! However, if you want the flesh and blood book from '76, I wouldn't know where else to begin other than eBay. I wasn't even around in '76.

Thank you all for all of your help! Great link, thanks. Unfortunately, the 2112 tourbook has no pictures. sad.gif Bummer! But the others do have some pictures, so that's cool. Of course, I have those already, but that's still cool. Thanks so much for your help! yes.gif bekloppt.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Jan 12 2005, 07:36 PM)
I'll just simply scan every page, front to back and number the images. How's that? Jpg's OK? Or Bmp's?

That's Perfect! And .jpg is great! Thanks Companion trink39.gif Remember, don't go out of your way or anything. At your convinience only, please. I really do sincerely appreciate this, but I've waited years already, so just do this if and when you get a chance! I can't thank you enough! yes.gif cool.gif

If you need any more tourbooks, I think I have all of them from 2112 on. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure I do.

Happy to help!

Kevin

QUOTE (kevind2112 @ Jan 14 2005, 08:41 AM)
If you need any more tourbooks, I think I have all of them from 2112 on. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure I do.

Happy to help!
Kevin

Cool Kevin, Thanks! And welcome to the board. It's a great place here and the best folks. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Look forward to seein' you around! and thanks again for the offer! yes.gif

Archived