Hold Your Fire

sfuentes

I have very fond memories of HYF and think it is a magnificent release. Not only was it the first album I bought on CD, I also managed to get to see Rush twice on the UK leg of the tour.

Musically, I think it has a flow to it that allows the band to move from one theme to another with ease while Neil's lyrics are among some of his best.

I like it but its a little tinny for me. I do like the first part of the album more than the end.

Some of it was recorded right here in Oldham.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 9 2005, 06:26 AM)
Great effort and rumour has it that Second Nature will be apart of the acoustic set for the next tour. yes.gif

another rush song i gotta get out of my head....lol

Great effort and rumour has it that Second Nature will be apart of the acoustic set for the next tour. yes.gif

Interesting rumor. First I've heard of it - but certainly like the idea. Very fitting in today's times. Would be great to hear it scaled down that way. KEWL. cool.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 9 2005, 07:18 AM)

Interesting rumor. First I've heard of it - but certainly like the idea. Very fitting in today's times. Would be great to hear it scaled down that way. KEWL. cool.gif

trink39.gif

Hadn't heard that one either. Where'd you hear that from?

Second Nature would be pretty good on just the strings, but personally I can't get enough live Mission! 1022.gif

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Jan 9 2005, 06:41 PM)

Hadn't heard that one either. Where'd you hear that from?

An interesting one, but I've become sceptical of all "This will be played on the next tour" rumours. The pre-R30 rumours were interesting, some were close, some were way off the mark. (ie Middletown Dreams - Guaranteed).

Having said that, Mission would be nice, but if an acoustic set remains part of the next tour, I'd love to hear something like Entre Nous, Different Strings or madrigal.

my dad bought that album a while ago and we didnt like it very much...i think i may just give it another listen tongue.gif

QUOTE (between sun and moon @ Jan 10 2005, 08:20 PM)
my dad bought that album a while ago and we didnt like it very much...i think i may just give it another listen tongue.gif

Always give 2.gif albums several listens.... I didn't get into HYF at first either but now I love it! Force Ten rukes! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 11 2005, 12:00 PM)
QUOTE (between sun and moon @ Jan 10 2005, 08:20 PM)

Always give 2.gif albums several listens.... I didn't get into HYF at first either but now I love it! Force Ten rukes! 1022.gif

rukes? wink.gif

Hold Your Fire is my favorite Rush album. I love every single song on it, even Tai Shan.

Go to Paganoman's links for great reviews by him and a review from me as well.

I really think that HYF is an underrated album. I particulary am fond of Lock and Key and Force Ten. I am so happy I found this forum I can hardly express it!! 2.gif

QUOTE (redstar86 @ Jan 11 2005, 03:22 PM)
I really think that HYF is an underrated album. I particulary am fond of Lock and Key and Force Ten. I am so happy I found this forum I can hardly express it!! 2.gif

Hey redstar!! Welcome to the forum!! Glad you found your way here. I hope you post often. See you 'round the forum.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (redstar86 @ Jan 11 2005, 03:22 PM)

You are right, very under rated album.... I still love Hold Your Fire...

Archived