#21 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

Avast and belay, ye scurvy dogs!

• Members *
  • 21646 posts
  • Location:Sailing on the High Seas or drinking in a tavern in Port Royale
  • Interests:Plundering, Drinking, Wenching

Posted 14 March 2005 - 05:59 PM

When I worked at a bar, years ago, I would deliberately card the old looking people, just for kicks.   Some 60 year old guy would stare at me as if I was crazy, but I would insist upon ID confirmation that he was over 21.  

Chalk it up to a twisted sense of humor.   Hey, you old guys, don't flatter yourselves if you are carded.  Could just be some bored ID checker amusing himself.

Edited by Closer to the Heart, 14 March 2005 - 06:00 PM.

Sponsored Post

#22 war2112

war2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1091 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, handloading ammo, rocketry, reading, bicycling, and of course, RUSH.

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:29 AM

Geez, I never get carded anymore. EVER. I'm only 37 for pete's sake. I see people that I think look my age get carded but when I step up to the plate, it's wham-bam thank you sir. It's so depressing. You know you're getting old when you want to get carded. It's really quite funny, as I'm sure most of us can remember hating to be carded. Now, I'm practically begging for it. Oh, well.

#23 anagramking

anagramking

Chi-town Acumen

• Members *
  • 8215 posts
  • Interests:baseball, anagrams, golf, impersonations, rush, stocks

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:16 PM

I remember when I was in college once, I saw a bearded guy around 30ish get carded at a 7-Eleven.  He became irate, threatening to sue, and who knows what else.  It was pretty funny, really.  It's been awhile since I've been carded.  I was probably in my late 20s the last time it happened.  The graying at my temples scares them away, I guess.

#24 KMH

KMH

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1120 posts
  • Interests:Don't ask. ;)

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:53 PM

I'm 18 with 20 years experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users