Brad Pitt's publicist confirms he,

Drumnut

- JOHN ROGERS, Associated Press Writer

Friday, January 7, 2005

(01-07) 17:59 PST LOS ANGELES (AP) --

Hollywood glamour couple Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston have split, Pitt's longtime publicist confirmed Friday.

"We would like to announce that after seven years together we have decided to formally separate," the couple said in a joint statement released by Pitt's publicist Cindy Guagenti. "For those who follow these sorts of things, we would like to explain that our separation is not the result of any speculation reported by the tabloid media. This decision is the result of much thoughtful consideration."

The couple didn't indicate if they planned to file for divorce, and Guagenti declined to comment beyond the statement, which also said, "We happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and admiration for one another."

The separation, first reported on People magazine's Web site, comes 41/2 years after the pair's Malibu wedding and after months of speculation that their marriage was in trouble.

In their statement, they asked for the public's "sensitivity in the coming months."

Aniston has recently been photographed in public without her diamond-studded wedding ring, according to People, although the magazine said the couple had spent the New Year's weekend together on the Caribbean island of Anguilla with Aniston's former "Friends" co-star Courteney Cox and her husband, actor David Arquette.

Pitt, 41, and Aniston, 35, have been together since being set up on a blind date in 1998. They were married in a lavish wedding on July 29, 2000, on a Malibu estate overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Some 200 people attended the event, which included four bands, a gospel choir, fireworks and tens of thousands of flowers.

Part of Pacific Coast Highway was shut down to accommodate the influx of guests, which included actress Cameron Diaz and most of Aniston's "Friends" co-stars. Median reports at the time pegged the event's cost at $1 million. It was the first marriage for both.

Since their wedding they have been touted not only as one of Hollywood's most glamorous couples but also one of the film industry's most powerful. They are co-owners of the Plan B production company with producer Brad Grey, who earlier this week was hired to replace Sherry Lansing as head of the Paramount studio.

Aniston is perhaps the most recognizable star of "Friends," the ensemble show that concluded a 10-year run last year as one of television's highest-rated comedies. She also has starred in such films as "Along Came Polly," "Bruce Almighty" and "The Good Girl." Her father is veteran soap opera actor John Aniston.

Pitt, long one of Hollywood' most bankable film stars, is currently seen in "Ocean's Twelve." Other film credits include "Ocean's Eleven," "Fight Club," "Meet Joe Black," "Seven Years in Tibet," "Sleepers," "12 Monkeys," "Legends of the Fall," "A River Runs Through It" and "Thelma & Louise."

www.sfgate.com

Oh YA!!!! Brads mine! I live in his hometown near his family! He comes home often! WOOHOOO! Back off chicas hes mine! tongue.gif common001.gif

OH GREAT, now Jen will be calling me and bothering me to go out with her all the time AGAIN.

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Jan 7 2005, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 7 2005, 09:57 PM)
OH GREAT, now Jen will be calling me and bothering me to go out with her all the time AGAIN.

I'm telling Donna tongue.gif

(not that I'd really break the code...do as you see fit with Jen....your secret is safe here trink38.gif )

Well, it's cool. Jen is on a list of 4 other girls (that I would never have a shot with) that I could do it with if I had the chance. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 7 2005, 10:39 PM)

(not that I'd really break the code...do as you see fit with Jen....your secret is safe here trink38.gif )

Well, it's cool. Jen is on a list of 4 other girls (that I would never have a shot with) that I could do it with if I had the chance. laugh.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif Hell id do her if i had the chance rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jan 7 2005, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 7 2005, 10:39 PM)

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif Hell id do her if i had the chance rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

ohmy.gif unsure.gif

Archived