Email from "noreply@therushforum.com

RushRevisited

If anyone gets an email that appears to be from "noreply@therushforum.com", with a subject "Warning about your email account", advising you that your email ability has been suspended due to unauthorized use with an attachment "MoreInfo.pif", please be advised:

A. This is not from The Rush Forum, that is a spoof and if you look at the header it is reall from "news@luxurylink.com".

B. No one's email ability has been suspended.

C. The attachment is a virus, do not open it.

Please let me know if you do receive this via PM. The SMTP host has been contacted and is aware of this spoofing.

Drumnut, don't confuse this with a real email send from the board today regarding Rush playing for the Tsunami Relief. The one to be on the lookout is not really from TRF, and has the subject "Warning about your email account" with a message saying your email account has been disabled and to open the attachment for more info.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 7 2005, 05:33 PM)
If anyone gets an email that appears to be from "noreply@therushforum.com", with a subject "Warning about your email account", advising you that your email ability has been suspended due to unauthorized use with an attachment "MoreInfo.pif", please be advised:

A. This is not from The Rush Forum, that is a spoof and if you look at the header it is reall from "news@luxurylink.com".

B. No one's email ability has been suspended.

C. The attachment is a virus, do not open it.

Please let me know if you do receive this via PM. The SMTP host has been contacted and is aware of this spoofing.

I had something similar from someone purporting to be from ebay, but asking for my password etc. I was sooooo stupid I replied. Obviously this enabled the 'person' to access my ebay account. scared.gif

The email looked so genuine as they had used IDENTICAL fonts and logos as ebay use. It was very well done and very convincing. Even with archetypal small-print at the bottom of the page.

Be advised also that ebay NEVER ask for your personal details to be sent by email.

I did manage to recover my account fairly quickly. Ebay were very good in that they detected a problem and let me know about it. The 'person' was trying to use my account and 100% feedback to sell what I assume was dodgy items. They didn't get very far though.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 9 2005, 03:01 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 7 2005, 05:33 PM)

A.  This is not from The Rush Forum, that is a spoof and if you look at the header it is reall from "news@luxurylink.com".

B.  No one's email ability has been suspended.

C.  The attachment is a virus, do not open it.

Please let me know if you do receive this via PM.  The SMTP host has been contacted and is aware of this spoofing.

I had something similar from someone purporting to be from ebay, but asking for my password etc. I was sooooo stupid I replied. Obviously this enabled the 'person' to access my ebay account. scared.gif

The email looked so genuine as they had used IDENTICAL fonts and logos as ebay use. It was very well done and very convincing. Even with archetypal small-print at the bottom of the page.

Be advised also that ebay NEVER ask for your personal details to be sent by email.

I did manage to recover my account fairly quickly. Ebay were very good in that they detected a problem and let me know about it. The 'person' was trying to use my account and 100% feedback to sell what I assume was dodgy items. They didn't get very far though.

doh.gif

I delete everything I'm not expecting to receive, or don't firmly recognize. I know I'm on distribution lists from certain sites I subscribe to - but I'm not expecting to hear from them, so.... out ya go. I hope no one (and oneone) are not affected. Thanks for the heads up, RR. Good man!!

Archived