Watch Out For Me Thursday

Slaine mac Roth

I just thought I'd better give you all some advance warning. I've decided to give up smoking on Thursday so I may be a little grumpy for a few weeks.

I'm currently compiling a breakdown of my smoking habits to get the best possible advice when I go to pick up my patches.

So, hopefully, within a couple of months I will be a definite non-smoker.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good man!!!! You can do this!!!

Slaine it is so much easier to stop smoking if you get pnuemonia, admitted to the hospital then get put on Life Support for a week. So much easier I'm telling ya! doh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 7 2005, 09:52 PM)
Good luck Slaine...We'll understand if u start eating TRF members' heads and spitting them out in a rage scared.gif .....When u feel the urge put on 2.gif and the urge shall bypass....repeat if neccessary.... cool10.gif

Remember when i quit smoking Testes... Can you say bear with a sore ass.

Good luck Slaine you"ll need it, its going to be a long 6 months or so.

Heres my best advice: Drink alot more soup than usual,it calms the nerves trink39.gif

Change of plan here. I ran out of tobacco tonight so decided not to buy any more. Therefore, I slapped on a NRT patch about 30 minutes ago andbloody hell, what a head rush. The way I feel, don't be surprised if my remaining posts don't make much sense.

Quick have one last puff while you've got the patch-rush going - erm, I'm not helping am I?

It is a tough hill to climb, but it sounds like you've already most of the way there in really deciding to do it.

Really, the best of luck and all strength to ya, let us all know how you get on.

Its now been a lil over a month since I quit. I really must say that being on Life Support really did help, no joking. Those initial days I was completely out of it so it really helped with clearing those first 5 days. I have only had just a couple of times when I really wanted one. The worst thing so far is just getting over the routine of smoking. I have found myself reaching for the cigarette without even realizing it. But this by far has been the easiest time I have had stopping. The scar on my chin is a big reminder of why I shouldnt smoke. If youd like Slaine I can send you the pic of me attached to the breathing machines!!!

Archived