Question about Star Wars

lerxt1990

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 24 2007, 03:59 PM)
The medical driods fabricated this wearable life support for him. They spared no expense. This doesn't trouble me as much as the clones being able to kill so many Jedi.

$ is one thing... but time is another. SHouldnt he have had some govt issue lame-o suit first, while his final nazi-helmet one was being readied? Hahahaaa.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Nov 24 2007, 04:26 PM)
I like all the films. Sure the originals are the best (Afterall there are few better characters than Han Solo) but the newer ones are still cool.

I liked the last one, but Episodes I and especially II suck. Ahh, the dialog is so bad in II that it becomes funny.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 24 2007, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 24 2007, 03:59 PM)
The medical driods fabricated this wearable life support for him.  They spared no expense.  This doesn't trouble me as much as the clones being able to kill so many Jedi.

$ is one thing... but time is another. SHouldnt he have had some govt issue lame-o suit first, while his final nazi-helmet one was being readied? Hahahaaa.

perhaps they used the replicator......

oops....

wrong universe.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 24 2007, 09:59 PM)
The medical driods fabricated this wearable life support for him. They spared no expense. This doesn't trouble me as much as the clones being able to kill so many Jedi.

And how did the Stormtroopers go to the bathroom? As soon as I realized they were supposed to be humans in weird white armour, rather than robots, this became a grave concern to me.

QUOTE (edie @ Nov 24 2007, 07:34 PM)
The medical driods fabricated this wearable life support for him.  They spared no expense.  This doesn't trouble me as much as the clones being able to kill so many Jedi.

And how did the Stormtroopers go to the bathroom? As soon as I realized they were supposed to be humans in weird white armour, rather than robots, this became a grave concern to me.

Perhaps that little codpiece in the front is hinged. Perhaps they have a hose hooked up that drains into that weird little box at the top of their armor in the back. Either way, I'm sure Lucas has it covered.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 24 2007, 07:15 PM)

Perhaps that little codpiece in the front is hinged. Perhaps they have a hose hooked up that drains into that weird little box at the top of their armor in the back. Either way, I'm sure Lucas has it covered.

I like the hinged codpiece idea!!!

http://www.tk560.com/stormtrooper1.jpg

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 25 2007, 01:40 AM)

Tell me that isn't you. laugh.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Nov 24 2007, 07:41 PM)

I promise, it isnt smile.gif Although I owuldnt have a problem if someone here could do this good. If you go to Google and enter "stormtrooper" this is an early image hit.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 25 2007, 01:54 AM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Nov 24 2007, 07:41 PM)

I promise, it isnt smile.gif Although I owuldnt have a problem if someone here could do this good. If you go to Google and enter "stormtrooper" this is an early image hit.

Ahh yeah I see now. Check out the website it came from - tells you how to build one.

http://www.tk560.com/stormtrooper.html

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 25 2007, 05:12 AM)
Lucas dropped the ball with the prequels.  I find so many things wrong with those films.

yes.gif

I also wanted to get Jar Jar Binks & little Anakin in a double headlock...read as: 2 of the most annoying characters in sci-fi history (IMHO, thanks Finbar smile.gif )

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 24 2007, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 25 2007, 05:12 AM)
Lucas dropped the ball with the prequels.  I find so many things wrong with those films.

yes.gif

I also wanted to get Jar Jar Binks & little Anakin in a double headlock...read as: 2 of the most annoying characters in sci-fi history (IMHO, thanks Finbar smile.gif )

Although they both served necessary purposes (young Anakin using the force and being discovered and Jar-Jar bringing together the Gungans and Naboo and making the proposal to give the Chancellor emergency powers) they did not HAVE to be so annoying. Maybe the worst example of annoying was in Epi II when they had Threepio using all of those puns during the big battle. That ruined the character for me.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 24 2007, 08:09 PM)
So, they bring in his burned carcass and have this getup all ready for him. So was this all ready for the next f-cked up burned Sith that would come through the door? Did they put together a series of off-the-shelf components? I find this troubling...

It's the Empire, money is no object to them, so that's no problem.

Secondly, we're not told how long this whole time frame was. Palpatine could have easily forseen how Vader would look, what he would need, and tell designers before he'd even reached Mustafar. Also, we don't know how long he was on the 'operating' table for. I'd imagine fairly long, so a suit could have been made.

Remember, Palpatine was n incredibly strong sith, who had the gift of forsight, so he may have seen what would happen.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 25 2007, 09:09 AM)
So, they bring in his burned carcass and have this getup all ready for him.  So was this all ready for the next f-cked up burned Sith that would come through the door?  Did they put together a series of off-the-shelf components?  I find this troubling...

Secondly, we're not told how long this whole time frame was. Palpatine could have easily forseen how Vader would look, what he would need, and tell designers before he'd even reached Mustafar. Also, we don't know how long he was on the 'operating' table for. I'd imagine fairly long, so a suit could have been made.

Remember, Palpatine was n incredibly strong sith, who had the gift of forsight, so he may have seen what would happen.

Your last comment seems the most relaistic...

I just cant help but think that Anakin says to Palpatine, "Eh, you, could you have maybe made just a little less bizzarre??" smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 25 2007, 11:50 AM)
I'm inclined to post this two part documentary. I think it explains much of what's been discussed here. I'm sure many of you have seen it, but it bears repeating.

Part 1
Part 2

Absolutely hilarious. Im sure you know Ive posted that numerous times, and yet, I still laugh out loud at some of that.. HA!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (edie @ Nov 24 2007, 05:34 PM)

The suits came equiped with a catheter and a bowel management program hard wired into the main c.p.u. The waste would be collected in a compact storage receptical and emptied when required.

I think I read this in a Star Wars Universe technical manual.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 25 2007, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 25 2007, 09:09 AM)
So, they bring in his burned carcass and have this getup all ready for him.  So was this all ready for the next f-cked up burned Sith that would come through the door?  Did they put together a series of off-the-shelf components?  I find this troubling...

Your last comment seems the most relaistic...

I just cant help but think that Anakin says to Palpatine, "Eh, you, could you have maybe made just a little less bizzarre??" smile.gif

This does seem logical (Which is almost a reason to argue against it) since it seems that Anakin was on course to become more powerful and therefore would be a threat to Palpatine. If Palpatine knew he was going to suffer such a severe injury resulting in a lessening of his Force powers it would explain why Palpatine moved at the time he did to bring Anakin into the Sith fold and to move against the Jedi. Knowing all this, he would need the suit. Of course, he didn't have clairvoyance enough to see that teenagers, a furball, and a scoundrel (we would call them terrorists) would destroy his Death Stars and him, so.......

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 25 2007, 08:42 PM)
Actually, I can see where you're coming from, Lerxst.

I may be wrong, BUT, i'm sure i read somewhere that Grievous was a prototype for Vader; Palpatine seeing if it would work.

Im sure (but scared) that someone knows all the facts regarding this.. smile.gif